ADVERTISEMENT

FC- Per Wanny apparently Kansas and Iowa St to big ten

Kansas St and Oklahoma St to PAC 12. West Virginia to the ACC.

He said he was at the Fox sports meetings in Phoenix a week ago with a lot of Big Ten folks and this was what they were saying.

Edit- I know it’s Dave Wannstedt. Just passing on what he said today. Don’t shoot the messenger. ;)
With the obvious jokes to come based on the messenger, this makes sense especially with the PAC10/ACC/Big 10 alliance probably eliminating poaching from those conferences. Not a great fit, but the best that is in sight.

If none of alliance is going to pull from Big XII, guess Big XXII best get to adding some teams. Do they disrupt Mt West in their attempt to do so or do they add independent teams like BYU, Army, and/or poach from other smaller conferences like AAC?

AR-711199849.jpg&updated=201211191603&MaxW=900&maxH=900&noborder&Q=80

"Ahoy Polloi"

Not even a mother could love that face.

It's really terrible that the B1G folk were screwing around with the mentally deficient Wannstedt. Now he's gone and made a fool of himself in public, again.

Barry Alvarez needed company.

I hope that isn’t true. Kansas and Iowa st don’t really move the needle at all. All they do is dilute the revenue pool.

During the press conference today there was talk about how they wanted the b12 to succeed and be strong. I could be wrong but I don’t see them saying that and then raiding that conference a week later.

Reactions: BBrown
I think Warren is in over his head, but there's no way he or any of the university presidents are stupid enough to invite any Big 12 teams to the Big Ten. There's absolutely zero reason to expand just for the sake of it. Heck, the Big Ten would be better off kicking out 2 teams than adding anyone from the Big 12.

Kansas St and Oklahoma St to PAC 12. West Virginia to the ACC.

He said he was at the Fox sports meetings in Phoenix a week ago with a lot of Big Ten folks and this was what they were saying.

Edit- I know it’s Dave Wannstedt. Just passing on what he said today. Don’t shoot the messenger. ;)

Building the fence around Kansas.....and Western Iowa!!!

• Haha
Reactions: psu00
I think Warren is in over his head, but there's no way he or any of the university presidents are stupid enough to invite any Big 12 teams to the Big Ten. There's absolutely zero reason to expand just for the sake of it. Heck, the Big Ten would be better off kicking out 2 teams than adding anyone from the Big 12.
Just 2?? ;)

Anytime you look to add to the conference (or any other organization), you should look to improve it. Kansas and ISU would dilute the B10. Who cares about those schools? There are lots of better candidates, as we have discussed ad nauseam.

Last edited:
Reactions: BBrown and The_Unit
What becomes of the rest of the big xxii? Do they just close up shop?
KSU over Tech to the Pac mal
kes no sense to me, but the rest can join the Mountain West I guess, it's where they probably would have ended up yrs ago had UT and OU bolted for the Pac..

Anytime you look to add to the conference (or any other organization), you should look to improve it. Kansas and ISU would dilute the B10. Who cares about those schools? There are lots of better candidates, as we have discussed ad nauseam.
There is an alliance now, not going to steal from the other conferences if they are actually going to stick to their word of course. If the Big 10 is really all about this school accreditation then KU and ISU are your schools. KU would fit in great for Basketball..

Kansas is good at basketball but only have 16 total varsity sports (6 men’s, 10 women’s).

Iowa State has the same number of varsity sports but don’t really move the needle with any of them.

I don’t see any reason for the B1G to do this.
How in the name of Title IX is that disparity allowed? Is it total scholarships?

How in the name of Title IX is that disparity allowed? Is it total scholarships?
It is total athletic financial assistance $$ that have to be equal; the reason why it is disproportional for so many athletic departments is because how much $$$ for men's sports that is eaten up by football scholarships, since there is no female equivalent for football

There is an alliance now, not going to steal from the other conferences if they are actually going to stick to their word of course. If the Big 10 is really all about this school accreditation then KU and ISU are your schools. KU would fit in great for Basketball..

Perhaps this would blunt the PSU -> ISU BB transfer pipeline

It is total athletic financial assistance $$ that have to be equal; the reason why it is disproportional for so many athletic departments is because how much $$$ for men's sports that is eaten up by football scholarships, since there is no female equivalent for football

Nothing prevents women from competing in football, so just take half the football players and convince them to claim they are transgendered women.

Whenever the subject of conference realignment comes up it is always followed by the opinion that adding such and such program will be dilutive to the payouts of the conference's current members. Here's the thing, its not true. If The B1G adds anybody whether its Alabama, Kansas, or Coastal Carolina, they have will have been thoroughly vetted by the conference's TV Partners first and assurances will be made in writing that the new additions will grow the pie not shrink it. If assurances aren't made then nobody is getting added.

I'm not saying that Kansas and ISU is happening, but it is not impossible that TV is greasing the wheels to move things more rapidly to 4 Power Conferences and an expanded playoff. Killing The Big 12 is step 1. OU and UT to The SEC, KU and ISU to The B1G, WVU to the ACC, and OSU + 1-3 other additions would be more than enough to dissolve the Big 12.

Whenever the subject of conference realignment comes up it is always followed by the opinion that adding such and such program will be dilutive to the payouts of the conference's current members. Here's the thing, its not true. If The B1G adds anybody whether its Alabama, Kansas, or Coastal Carolina, they have will have been thoroughly vetted by the conference's TV Partners first and assurances will be made in writing that the new additions will grow the pie not shrink it. If assurances aren't made then nobody is getting added.

I'm not saying that Kansas and ISU is happening, but it is not impossible that TV is greasing the wheels to move things more rapidly to 4 Power Conferences and an expanded playoff. Killing The Big 12 is step 1. OU and UT to The SEC, KU and ISU to The B1G, WVU to the ACC, and OSU + 1-3 other additions would be more than enough to dissolve the Big 12.

Sorry, but the "vetting" you describe does not happen.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT