ADVERTISEMENT

FC: Paternos pursue more subpoenas in NCAA case

• Now Ned, them whores are going to tell different lies than you. And when their lies ain't the same as your lies... Well, I ain't gonna hurt no woman. But I'm gonna hurt you. And not gentle like before... but bad.

roddy-pipe-rowdy-here-to-kick-ass_s_grande.jpg

Let's get it on NCAA. It's time.

LINK: No stone unturned

Five are current members of the Committee on Infractions.
Going after the NCAA is all well and good (and appropriate)......But, the blowhards at the NCAA are just street level pimps (in fancy suits).

Sooner or later - hopefully sooner - this has to get to the real Scoundrels.

Hopefully, we will see those steps taken soon

Going after the NCAA is all well and good (and appropriate)......But, the blowhards at the NCAA are just street level pimps (in fancy suits).

Don't worry, the Paternos have set up the NCAA to do their dirty work for them. To me, that's my favorite part of their strategy.

The video above tells you what you need to know....you see, there is no honor among thieves. As such, they have no scruples. So, they will feed on each other when it becomes necessary. So what you do is you start with the people that don't have much to loose, and you make them a deal to flip. And when they do, you flip those....until there is nobody left to flip....at that point, you've gotten to the top of the heap. These people will not lie for Emmert. They will flip. And the last one left will be Emmert.

Seems to me, the Paterno's have gotten enough information to ask the real painful questions of the right people. The answers these "right people" provide, will take them to the next level.

There are a number of people rushing to read the fact Freeh report and others who will say " I don't know anything, Mark Emmert handled everything" Love to be the mouse under the table, I expect there will be many embarrassed people.

..and that would be just fine. Once they say they didn't read it, and it was handled by Emmert, he is isolated.

A really great summary post by Barry Fenchack at the end of this article on this article regarding the subpoenas:

Barry Fenchak ·
Penn State
Lori – Nice article - with a lot of background brought in to provide some context......but one (significant) error:

“The sanctions based on that report were vacated in January 2015 after a lawsuit between state Senate Majority Leader Jake Corman, R-Benner Township, and the NCAA.”

That is simply not true - - though it is often cited as such.

The Consent Decree had 6 PUNITIVE PENALTIES:

1 - Waiver of transfer rules and grant-in-aid retention - - - had already EXPIRED prior to the Settlement in 2015

2 - Five years of probation - - - remained AS IS after the Settlement

3 - Four year post season ban - - - had already EXPIRED prior to the Settlement in 2015

4 - $60 Million Fine - - - remained AS IS after the Settlement – with the exception that the Commonwealth of PA (Jake) now has control of $48 Million of it.

5 - Four year reduction in grant-in-aid - - - had already EXPIRED prior to the Settlement of 2015

6 - Vacation of wins since 1998 - - - WINS WERE RESTORED TO THE RECORD BOOKS A SPART OF THE SETTLEMENT. This was the ONLY item wrt the sanctions that was eliminated due to the Settlement.

The CD had 3 CORRECTIVE PENALTIES:

1 - Adoption of all recommendations from Freeh report Chapter 10 - - - had already been implemented prior to the Settlement in 2015

2 - Implementation of Athletics Integrity Agreement - - - had already been implemented prior to the Settlement, and remained in place

3 - Appointment of an Athletics Integrity Monitor - - - had already been implemented prior to the Settlement, and remained in place

The net result of the “Settlement”, for each party was:

NCAA:
Gave Up: "Caved" (LMAO) by allowing Jake to control the $$$$, and putting a line back into the record books
Received: A "get out of jail free" card....along with an agreement that they were "acting in good faith"
NCAA was clearly devastated

Jake Corman:
Received: Got control of $48 million dollars, and - apparently - the ability to spew his "we won" thanks to my "heroic efforts" to a demographic of mouth-breathers.
Also, had PSU agree to pick up the tab for the legal bills (+/- $1 Million).

PSU:
Received: Got a line back in a record book
Gave up: Authorized every other aspect of the extortion known as the Consent Decree (No one wants to talk about this...but this may be the single most important aspect of the "settlement")
Acknowledged that the NCAA acted in "good faith"
Picked up an additional tab for the Commonwealth's legal expenses

Every other party of interest....including Freeh, the PSU BOT, the Commonwealth of PA - and every state agency responsible for child welfare, Jake - and every other individual associated with the 2nd Mile, etc etc

Received: Another veil of secrecy and distortion to help prevent illumination of just what exactly has been going on for the last decade(s).

There are a number of people rushing to read the fact Freeh report and others who will say " I don't know anything, Mark Emmert handled everything" Love to be the mouse under the table, I expect there will be many embarrassed people.
Most of them are caught between Scylla and Charybdis. If they read the "report", either in the past or if they crammed recently, how will they be able to justify sanctions now that Freeh has indicated for the record the whole thing was really just an opinion?? Hell, for $8.5 million any one of us could have given an opinion. On the other hand, if they didn't read the "report" how can they justify sanctions when there was nothing else available to inform them of any facts?? They'd have to admit sanctions were imposed on a whim. There is no easy way out for them.

There is no easy way out for them.

Sure there is - how hard will it be to say;

"That was all negotiated between Mark and the folks at PSU. They all felt it was the best way to proceed ........Next question"

If they are asked again, they say;

"Hell, two years later Marky and the PSU BOT reaffirmed the whole thing, and signed off again. What's the beef?"

A really great summary post by Barry Fenchack at the end of this article on this article regarding the subpoenas:

Barry Fenchak ·
Penn State
Lori – Nice article - with a lot of background brought in to provide some context......but one (significant) error:

“The sanctions based on that report were vacated in January 2015 after a lawsuit between state Senate Majority Leader Jake Corman, R-Benner Township, and the NCAA.”

That is simply not true - - though it is often cited as such.

The Consent Decree had 6 PUNITIVE PENALTIES:

1 - Waiver of transfer rules and grant-in-aid retention - - - had already EXPIRED prior to the Settlement in 2015

2 - Five years of probation - - - remained AS IS after the Settlement

3 - Four year post season ban - - - had already EXPIRED prior to the Settlement in 2015

4 - $60 Million Fine - - - remained AS IS after the Settlement – with the exception that the Commonwealth of PA (Jake) now has control of $48 Million of it.

5 - Four year reduction in grant-in-aid - - - had already EXPIRED prior to the Settlement of 2015

6 - Vacation of wins since 1998 - - - WINS WERE RESTORED TO THE RECORD BOOKS A SPART OF THE SETTLEMENT. This was the ONLY item wrt the sanctions that was eliminated due to the Settlement.

The CD had 3 CORRECTIVE PENALTIES:

1 - Adoption of all recommendations from Freeh report Chapter 10 - - - had already been implemented prior to the Settlement in 2015

2 - Implementation of Athletics Integrity Agreement - - - had already been implemented prior to the Settlement, and remained in place

3 - Appointment of an Athletics Integrity Monitor - - - had already been implemented prior to the Settlement, and remained in place

The net result of the “Settlement”, for each party was:

NCAA:
Gave Up: "Caved" (LMAO) by allowing Jake to control the $$$$, and putting a line back into the record books
Received: A "get out of jail free" card....along with an agreement that they were "acting in good faith"
NCAA was clearly devastated

Jake Corman:
Received: Got control of $48 million dollars, and - apparently - the ability to spew his "we won" thanks to my "heroic efforts" to a demographic of mouth-breathers.
Also, had PSU agree to pick up the tab for the legal bills (+/- $1 Million).

PSU:
Received: Got a line back in a record book
Gave up: Authorized every other aspect of the extortion known as the Consent Decree (No one wants to talk about this...but this may be the single most important aspect of the "settlement")
Acknowledged that the NCAA acted in "good faith"
Picked up an additional tab for the Commonwealth's legal expenses

Every other party of interest....including Freeh, the PSU BOT, the Commonwealth of PA - and every state agency responsible for child welfare, Jake - and every other individual associated with the 2nd Mile, etc etc

Received: Another veil of secrecy and distortion to help prevent illumination of just what exactly has been going on for the last decade(s).

It's funny, but I saw that part of the article about corman, and without seeing Barry's comment, I figured it would draw some PATENTED. BARRY. OUTRAGE. :eek: I just expected to see it posted here. :eek:

:eek:

It's funny, but I saw that part of the article about corman, and without seeing Barry's comment, I figured it would draw some PATENTED. BARRY. OUTRAGE. :eek: I just expected to see it posted here. :eek:

:eek:

ha! I considered leaving that part out but figured I'd be accused of something or other. So cut and pasted it in toto. regarless, except for that part, its a good concise recap of the ongoing damages the NCAA, freeh and the BOT has wrought on PSU.

Reactions: Ski
ha! I considered leaving that part out but figured I'd be accused of something or other. So cut and pasted it in toto. regarless, except for that part, its a good concise recap of the ongoing damages the NCAA, freeh and the BOT has wrought on PSU.

Barry knows his stuff.

( :eek: )

Reactions: Ski and Zenophile
The video above tells you what you need to know....you see, there is no honor among thieves. As such, they have no scruples. So, they will feed on each other when it becomes necessary. So what you do is you start with the people that don't have much to loose, and you make them a deal to flip. And when they do, you flip those....until there is nobody left to flip....at that point, you've gotten to the top of the heap. These people will not lie for Emmert. They will flip. And the last one left will be Emmert.

Seems to me, the Paterno's have gotten enough information to ask the real painful questions of the right people. The answers these "right people" provide, will take them to the next level.

Emmert and Ray are already being sued as individuals in the lawsuit. That's the message the Paterno's have already sent for those who cross them.

The CD took effect in 2012. No four year penalties could possibly have expired by 2015. The analysis above appears to be incorrect in that regard.

Most of them are caught between Scylla and Charybdis. If they read the "report", either in the past or if they crammed recently, how will they be able to justify sanctions now that Freeh has indicated for the record the whole thing was really just an opinion?? Hell, for $8.5 million any one of us could have given an opinion. On the other hand, if they didn't read the "report" how can they justify sanctions when there was nothing else available to inform them of any facts?? They'd have to admit sanctions were imposed on a whim. There is no easy way out for them.

Well, since you ask, it's quite easy. They simply say the University President accepted the Freeh Report, advised the NCAA that he accepted those findings, and then he negotiated mutually agreed upon sanctions. It's unlikely that the NCAA would have unilaterally levied any penalty. The University's agreement was key. Your issue is with them not us.

Well, since you ask, it's quite easy. They simply say the University President accepted the Freeh Report, advised the NCAA that he accepted those findings, and then he negotiated mutually agreed upon sanctions. It's unlikely that the NCAA would have unilaterally levied any penalty. The University's agreement was key. Your issue is with them not us.

Wrong, the NCAA Investigation & Sanctioning of PSU was not handled through the NCAA's "Self-Reporting" Infractions Mechnism and Process (there are only two Infractions Processes: 1] NCAA Initiated & Directed, and 2] Self-Reporting Mechanism & Member Initiated & Directed). You are factually wrong that PSU's Investigation was initiated, directed and handled via the NCAA's Self-Reporting Mechanism and Process.

Reactions: Ski and step.eng69

No the Paterno's issue is with each party, not just the university. Penn State after all didn't "ask" for the sanctions regardless of Freeh's press conference grandstanding and the crap in the Freeh report. We know from the discovery in the Corman case that there was a "bit of strong arming" on the part of the NCAA. Had there been no sanctions by the NCAA, the Paternos would have no reason to pursue legal action against the NCAA. The NCAA brought this on themselves.

Reactions: Ski and step.eng69

Man are you really this stupid or are you that bad at trolling? Whew... do you need directions to get out of bed in the morning?

Man are you really this stupid or are you that bad at trolling? Whew... do you need directions to get out of bed in the morning?

Morons like black elmo try to go through life accepting no accountability for anything that goes wrong. "Don't talk to me. It's his fault." At some point, the buck will stop with the blame-shifter. When it does, it hurts badly, especially when the blame-shifter gets nailed not only for the original offense but also for the blame shifting.

Even if we accept that erickson and the circle-jerk-of-friends old-guard trustees pulling the strings begged emmert to hammer the football program, emmert obviously had a responsibility to do what was allowed by and in the best interests of the organization he is supposed to lead, the ncaa. It was emmert's responsibility and no one else's (the buck stops with him) to, if it came to that, respond to Penn State, "No, we aren't going to rely on the freeh report and we aren't going to levy nearly the heaviest sanctions based on it. The ncaa's bylaws don't allow it, and it just isn't right. However, based on the concerns you and freeh have raised, I might recommend that the ncaa launch its own investigation, as required by ncaa bylaws." For the last part, emmert and anyone he would have delegated responsibility to would have had a responsibility to study the freeh report in depth and understand the full scope of the sandusky matter before deciding whether or not to investigate Penn State.

I know, I know. The above is complicated for some people to digest. It's easier to merely shift blame. Duh.

The CD took effect in 2012. No four year penalties could possibly have expired by 2015. The analysis above appears to be incorrect in that regard.

As I'm sure you know, the penalties were reduced more than once, so by the time the new settlement was made, they had expired. But it's probably not the best choice of words.

Reactions: Ski
You living under a rock from 2012-2015?

Or did you just forget all those "rollbacks"?

GD boy, You want in the competition too? You're not going to let GMJ win the Stupid Olympics without a fight, are you?

Your Mother should have "had a headache"

GD moron

Go suck a tailpipe
he's the type of guy that would add 1/2 + 1/3 and get 2/5!

Who's them and us?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT