ADVERTISEMENT

FC/OT: This is why LionJim stays off Twitter....

I taught fundamental theorem of calculus today but cant for the life of me even come close to figuring out how they got 7....

Reactions: bdgan
I think the Chinese are going to be laughing at us. Hell, I'm laughing at us.
I watched a clip of the people at NASA applauding the drone flight on Mars. It looked like most of them were Indian. I also saw one who appeared to be Chinese and one white male.

I watched a clip of the people at NASA applauding the drone flight on Mars. It looked like most of them were Indian. I also saw one who appeared to be Chinese and one white male.

It is very painful to see.

Now, these American Indians and American Chinese citizens are excellent. I know a lot. They really are good people, almost without exception.

But its sad to see how weak we've become such that our native born citizens cannot (or will not) compete.

I know that becoming an engineer was considered the "way out of the mills" back in the day, and those days are, sadly, past us.

Once we lose the edge that we gained over the world from 1870 - 1970, then I think our goose is cooked. We are almost there.

Reactions: bison13 and bdgan
It is very painful to see.

Now, these American Indians and American Chinese citizens are excellent. I know a lot. They really are good people, almost without exception.

But its sad to see how weak we've become such that our native born citizens cannot (or will not) compete.

I know that becoming an engineer was considered the "way out of the mills" back in the day, and those days are, sadly, past us.

Once we lose the edge that we gained over the world from 1870 - 1970, then I think our goose is cooked. We are almost there.
I'm not ready to say our goose is cooked but the trend isn't good.

Reactions: KanePoster
I taught fundamental theorem of calculus today but cant for the life of me even come close to figuring out how they got 7....
It took me minute or two, but here you go.

They multiplied to get rid of the parentheses, so the equation 6/2(1+2). becomes 6/2+4 = 3 + 4 = 7

@KanePoster yet another example of maths being subjective!

Reactions: bison13
It took me minute or two, but here you go.

They multiplied to get rid of the parentheses, so the equation 6/2(1+2). becomes 6/2+4 = 3 + 4 = 7

@KanePoster yet another example of maths being subjective!

Thats even worse because they arbitrarily took one item out of the denominator and moved it to the numerator, which, checks Wikipedia, isn't ever allowed.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT