ADVERTISEMENT

FC/OT: Papa John's founder out as Chairman and louisville trustee

Should have been ousted sooner for making bad pizza.

A tribute to marketing and nonexistent taste buds. I've only tried Papa John's once, and it made be re-appreciate Domino's and Pizza Hut. Cheap carbs to fill you up and make you obese. But it's a business.

BTW stock price down about 40% since last fall. The reason he's out of there is the business isn't working.

These franchise businesses are pretty close to a pyramid scheme, not financially sustainable.

Stock price is artificially pumped by opening hundreds of franchises (with other people's money), but eventually you hit market saturation and then everybody -- franchisees and stockholders -- lose their shirts.

Especially this business, which had nothing to recommend it other than selling volume (and when you hit saturation, the first thing that suffers is volume per store).

I would not be a bit surprised to see financial irregularities coming out. Could be the n---- comment was just a cover story for something worse.

Dominoe's pizza really improved a lot about 6 or 7 years ago when they were losing huge market share and money. The completely redid the business model to make much better pizza's at a pretty cheap price. I know because a friend of my wife's own's like 25 of them and everytime we went over to their house, he would order a bunch of pizza's and have me taste test them and give him my honest opinion. They aren't local high quality pizzeria good, but light years better than the crap that they (and places like Papa Johns and Little Ceaser's, etc...) were selling.

I thought it was more recent than that but you would know better than me.
But yea, its still not great pizza and honestly I'll take DiGornio over them but for
delivery pizza its better than most.

Dominoe's pizza really improved a lot about 6 or 7 years ago when they were losing huge market share and money. The completely redid the business model to make much better pizza's at a pretty cheap price. I know because a friend of my wife's own's like 25 of them and everytime we went over to their house, he would order a bunch of pizza's and have me taste test them and give him my honest opinion. They aren't local high quality pizzeria good, but light years better than the crap that they (and places like Papa Johns and Little Ceaser's, etc...) were selling.

lol

Domino's making "much better pizzas," as compared to the shit they were making before?

At the end of the day, they improved shit, and they still sell shit.

Looks like U of L has dropped the name from the Stadium.
I'm sure these stadium naming deals include an out clause if the buyer does some detestable thing that reflects badly on the stadium owner or team

Add him to the list of stupid and insensitive. He may have already been on it.

http://www.espn.com/college-sports/...n-schnatter-resigns-louisville-board-trustees

Just as a follow-up on this. "On Tuesday, the company said its same-store sales in North America fell 10.5% in July and 6.1% in the most recent quarter."

I always sensed this was an inside job to push the founder out. Sales were down 6.1% over the quarter and while down more in July, the news only came out July 11th or 12th. 6.1% over the quarter is sizeable.

Seems there was a major problem at the company and with the brand that went beyond this particular comment.

LdN

Biggest issue right now for these guys is finding pizza delivery drivers. All the drivers are going to Uber and Lyft as they can make more money and safer.

Biggest issue right now for these guys is finding pizza delivery drivers. All the drivers are going to Uber and Lyft as they can make more money and safer.

That's interesting. Thanks for the info. Dominoes came back in a big way and of course "craft" is back with pizza.

LdN

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT