ADVERTISEMENT

FC: Lions247 Podcast - Re-capping Rutgers, and whether or not Barkley should play in a bowl...

A

anon_xdc8rmuek44eq

Another great, insightful podcast from Andrew Callahan and Sean Fitz. For those who don't want or care to listen, the big takeaway for me was that both Callahan and Fitz sort of endorsed Barkley sitting for the bowl game. They say they can tell he's frustrated and that it may even be better for Penn State (notably Miles Sanders) for next year if he sits. Really surprised they would say that.

https://247sports.com/college/penn-state/Bolt/Lions247-Penn-State-Nittany-Lions-Football-PODCAST-Wrapping-up-the-win-over-Rutgers-hoops-recruiting-and-looking-ahead-110411187

Assuming we're out of the running for a national or conference championship, why play in the last two games let alone the bowl game?? If the theory is the player shouldn't play in order to avoid an injury, what's the point in suiting up for a couple meaningless games at the end of the regular season?? When is it decided the risk of injury outweighs the importance of a given game??

Reactions: anon_xdc8rmuek44eq
Assuming we're out of the running for a national or conference championship, why play in the last two games let alone the bowl game?? If the theory is the player shouldn't play in order to avoid an injury, what's the point in suiting up for a couple meaningless games at the end of the regular season?? When is it decided the risk of injury outweighs the importance of a given game??

Good question. Don't know the answer. But, guys who compete at this level want to do just that - compete, and win. I think getting two more wins is very important to this team and means a lot - the bowl game, not so sure for someone like Barkley but my guess is he would probably play unless the weather is awful.

Reactions: sluggo72
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT