ADVERTISEMENT

FC: Lamar continuing to shine in the NBA

psuguy43

Sep 28, 2002
He finished tonight with 10 pts, 6 rbs, 1 assist (his first double-digit game in the NBA). He also got the most minutes off of the bench (21).

He seems to be carving out a nice role in his rookie season.

Also, he plays Tim Frazier's new team tomorrow at 8 pm. That may be worth a watch.

I wouldn't say he's shining, but with no G-League right now, his playing time (albeit due to injuries elsewhere on the team) is invaluable.

He finished tonight with 10 pts, 6 rbs, 1 assist (his first double-digit game in the NBA). He also got the most minutes off of the bench (21).

He seems to be carving out a nice role in his rookie season.

Also, he plays Tim Frazier's new team tomorrow at 8 pm. That may be worth a watch.
Frazier was a pleasant surprise at PSU. He played in Talor Battle's shadow and didn't shoot much. When he did shoot he was horrible. That all changed during his last two seasons. He was still a poor 3 pt shooter but he became a big time scorer and team leader. I was hoping the same things would happen for Wheeler but unfortunately it hasn't.

I wouldn't say he's shining, but with no G-League right now, his playing time (albeit due to injuries elsewhere on the team) is invaluable.
Well, he is far exceeding expectations. When he is undrafted and signed to a developmental contract that means he expected to spend considerable time in the minors developing his skills. To be playing this much and scoring ten points w six rebounds is indeed shining.

Reactions: psuguy43
his time has been increasing as the Cavs have had a lot of injuries. I am not sure when it happens but his G-league status will turn to NBA minimum at some point as he accumulates games. The difference between the G-Leauge and NBA minimum is pretty substantial. Plus, he gets experience and exposure. If he can continue to score while getting minimum time it is just a matter of who wants to keep him on the full time roster. he's got good NBA size and can play a swing position at guard or small forward. NBA is all about matchups so having position flexibility is valuable to coaches and GMs.

Reactions: psuguy43
But he's getting 6th man minute because they only have 6 men.

Don't get me wrong it's great to see, but with a healthy roster and a normal G-League schedule, the Cavs would much rather have him getting starter minutes in the minors.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT