ADVERTISEMENT

FC: I can finally see what’s happening here …

what Jones said is exactly what I cannot understand, why if we are going to fake injuries has nobody pointed out the times we have done it against super good offenses?

its literally never been brought up before this past weekend

Gotta love a guy that quotes himself as a source!😉🥰
the-office-nod.gif

Reactions: STPGopherfan
what Jones said is exactly what I cannot understand, why if we are going to fake injuries has nobody pointed out the times we have done it against super good offenses?

its literally never been brought up before this past weekend

Not to mention that if we were using that tactic, do they really think we'd use Ebiketie and Brisker as the guys to come off (not even considering Mustipher who was unquestionably injured)? They are, y'know, pretty darn good players. We'd probably have someone like one of our LBs come off if needed given that we have more depth/less drop off there compared to starters.

Reactions: Tzinger
Not to mention that if we were using that tactic, do we really think we'd use Ebiketie and Brisker as the guys to come off (not even considering Mustipher who was unquestionably injured)? They are, y'know, pretty darn good players. We'd probably have someone like one of our LBs come off if needed given that we have more depth/less drop off there compared to starters.
Like the 2011 false narrative, it doesn't even have to make sense. Just keep repeating it.

Not to mention that if we were using that tactic, do they really think we'd use Ebiketie and Brisker as the guys to come off (not even considering Mustipher who was unquestionably injured)? They are, y'know, pretty darn good players. We'd probably have someone like one of our LBs come off if needed given that we have more depth/less drop off there compared to starters.

Franklin would have put me, or someone who looks like me, in.

“Bob, get in there. Fall down and fake a leg injury after the play. And get your hands out of your pants!”

Last edited:
Not to mention, Brisker most certainly has a lingering shoulder injury that we're not allowed to know about. He has been down after plays about 10 times so far this season.

Iowa is skyrocketing up the ranks of my most hated Big 10 opponents. They’ve pulled into a dead heat with tOSU for the 2 spot. However, I think it is still impossible to unseat scUM from the top spot.

Reactions: Option Bob
Or we would just send in a third stringer for one play to take a fall, never to be seen again.

October 28, 2023 can't come soon enough - hopefully we get a huge lead and empty the bench and run the score up on these Turds - would love to see an O Lineman get the ball at the 1 and run it in with no time on the clock and a 30 point lead.

October 28, 2023 can't come soon enough - hopefully we get a huge lead and empty the bench and run the score up on these Turds - would love to see an O Lineman get the ball at the 1 and run it in with no time on the clock and a 30 point lead.
Is Dec 4, 2021 soon enough? Lets do it!!

Reactions: PSUQBKeeper
and I have seen players have injuries to their upper body, sit down on the ground and wait for trainers etc, and then trot off the field for a play or two

like....ALL THE TIME....in multiple games per week!

Reactions: Madsol
and I have seen players have injuries to their upper body, sit down on the ground and wait for trainers etc, and then trot off the field for a play or two

I read somewhere, possibly the 24/7 site, one of the posters re-watched the full game. It looked obvious to him that Ebiketie was actually injured on the previous play. That could explain why he didn't make the stop on the long gainer.

I am not that interested in watching it again to dissect, but I am sure our IA friends have analyzed it to death. Maybe they know?

I read somewhere, possibly the 24/7 site, one of the posters re-watched the full game. It looked obvious to him that Ebiketie was actually injured on the previous play. That could explain why he didn't make the stop on the long gainer.

I am not that interested in watching it again to dissect, but I am sure our IA friends have analyzed it to death. Maybe they know?
I saw an Iowa fan say that Brisker looked suspicious because even if he was hurt he could have just walked off the field immediately

but a lot of times players with non lower body injuries wait on the field for trainers

I saw an Iowa fan say that Brisker looked suspicious because even if he was hurt he could have just walked off the field immediately

but a lot of times players with non lower body injuries wait on the field for trainers
He could have, but he hasn't done that all season and he has been down A LOT. That's what makes their assertion a massive jump to a wanted conclusion.

Reactions: Bob78

I believe they are instructed to do that when injured and feeling that they need to be checked out, otherwise they may not have time or opportunity to bring in the replacement.

Franklin would have put me, or someone who looks like me, in.

“Bob, get in there. Fall down and fake a leg injury after the play. And get your hands out of your pants!”
This is why you should know that as a potential "12th Man", you cannot talk on here or anywhere about anything except the next opponent. No more Oct. 30 or Dec. 4 talk from you, Mr. Designated Injured Guy. Get yer mind right to take that fake fall in the next game, and the next game only. Focus, man.

And quit telling certain members of the training staff you have "a groin".

The Game is over. Move on. Let this one burn in the gut real bad until next year.

Reactions: Ian
Iowa is skyrocketing up the ranks of my most hated Big 10 opponents. They’ve pulled into a dead heat with tOSU for the 2 spot. However, I think it is still impossible to unseat scUM from the top spot.
For me they’ve topped OSU. This was from top to bottom the effing worst sportsmanship I have ever seen in college football. I now hate Iowa football more than any program in college. Cannot wait till they face OSO or PSU in the championship game. I hope they lose by 50.

Ohowihate is still firmly entrenched at my #1 spot to dislike.
However, my respect for Ferentz that used to be quite high, has gone to zero - only because you can’t go negative on the respect scale. Iowa a sound second place on my list.
And, is there a link to the full 5:00 talk from Coach Franklin. The 2:20 was very good.

OL

Reactions: PSU_Chicago

Of course you're right. This happens all the time. And never, ever, ever once did I think "oh, he must be faking that injury to slow down the other team!"

Reactions: PSUQBKeeper
What blew me away is that they started booing the first time we had someone go down. PJ got hurt within two minutes of the game and they were booing. And it was on a play with a 1-yard loss. It wasn’t even a trend in the game yet. Really disappointing. I lost a lot of respect for their fans. I was a big fan of Ferentz until he and LeVar Woods pulled their sh*t, I lost all respect for them.

I believe they are instructed to do that when injured and feeling that they need to be checked out, otherwise they may not have time or opportunity to bring in the replacement.
that's what I thought too, like I said I see that in a lot of football games

Reactions: Carl Spackler
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT