ADVERTISEMENT

FC: FBS Betting Odds Sizing up the BIG after spring practice

GulfCoastLion

Gold Member
Dec 14, 2002
Houston, TX
College football betting: Sizing up the conference championship odds after spring practice

LINK: https://sports.yahoo.com/college-fo...hip-odds-after-spring-practice-204916233.html

Big Ten
* Ohio State: -150
* Penn State: +600
* Michigan: +700
* Wisconsin: +1000
* Iowa: +1600
* Indiana: +1800
* Minnesota: +2000
* Northwestern: +2500
* Nebraska: +2500
* Michigan State: +5000
* Maryland: +8000
* Purdue: +10000
* Illinois: +12500
Will uncertainty at the quarterback position for Ohio State open the door for others in the Big Ten? OSU has won the last four Big Ten championships, the last two with Ryan Day as head coach and Justin Fields at QB. The competition to replace Fields will be one of the biggest storylines in the sport entering 2021.
Could a team like Penn State or Michigan move past OSU in the Big Ten East? Or will a Big Ten West team like Wisconsin or Iowa claim conference supremacy? If you think this is the year for one of those schools, there’s pretty good betting value on the board.

Reactions: NedFromYork
I guess yahoo sports omitted them. Check the Link I just included above. 🤷‍♂️ Other major conference included as well.
My bad, I should have looked. The Boys On the Banks are easy to overlook.

College football betting: Sizing up the conference championship odds after spring practice

LINK: https://sports.yahoo.com/college-fo...hip-odds-after-spring-practice-204916233.html

Big Ten
Will uncertainty at the quarterback position for Ohio State open the door for others in the Big Ten? OSU has won the last four Big Ten championships, the last two with Ryan Day as head coach and Justin Fields at QB. The competition to replace Fields will be one of the biggest storylines in the sport entering 2021.
Could a team like Penn State or Michigan move past OSU in the Big Ten East? Or will a Big Ten West team like Wisconsin or Iowa claim conference supremacy? If you think this is the year for one of those schools, there’s pretty good betting value on the board.
After last year that seems good for us

Reactions: Bertway0
The Bucks are lucky they pulled a rabbit out of the hat with Fields the last 2 years. If they are vulnerable it's at that position this year.

Obviously Ohio State will be the team to beat but that is Vegas setting the odds. First rule of Vegas is Vegas never loses which's is why people that put any stock in odds are foolish. Right now, I think Wisconsin and Iowa take the west, which proves to be the better of the two divisions at the end of the day. Michigan wins the East.

What does it say that the winner of the west would not have better odds than the 3rd place team in the east.
All they have to do is win one game in the championship . Just one to be the champ. Pretty weak division.

First rule of Vegas is Vegas never loses which's is why people that put any stock in odds are foolish.
Isn’t that an argument that you SHOULD put stock in the odds? Setting better odds means guaranteeing that you always have the edge.

Big Ten
Kevin’s B1G Refs: -1000

• Haha
Reactions: GulfCoastLion
The Bucks are lucky they pulled a rabbit out of the hat with Fields the last 2 years. If they are vulnerable it's at that position this year.
Their secondary and LB unit is their key vulnerability this year, I think. Stroud and McCord are inexperienced but stud QBs.....particularly with all their weapons on offense.

Anyone notice which team from the East plays the top 2 teams from the West at their stadiums? Makes it a little tougher to run the slate.

I don't see Rutgres on that list.

Update on Rutgres odds:

71caRDOHDlL._AC_UX569_.jpg

Reactions: NittanyIllinois
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT