ADVERTISEMENT

Football Big Ten releases 2024 and 2025 schedules

Hate to say it, but I think we can forget about winning a Championship in 24

5 home and 4 away then 4 and 5... USC and UCLA will be white out games in September.. book it!

Look at 2025! Home slate is awful! But we travel to Iowa, Michigan AND Michigan St.

Doesn’t look like we have protected rivalry games against OSU, Michigan, or USC.

Are there any protected yearly games? I see Rutgers and MSU

Reactions: psu00
Look at 2025! Home slate is awful! But we travel to Iowa, Michigan AND Michigan St.

Doesn’t look like we have protected rivalry games against OSU, Michigan, or USC.

Are there any protected yearly games? I see Rutgers and MSU

Penn State is the only Big Ten team without any protected games.

• Haha
Reactions: lazydave841
Who cares at the end of the day………….
I think it sucks. Even with conference expansion, we’re still an outsider. I’m disappointed we’re not playing Ohio State each year. That was the closest thing we had to a rival, and obviously their main rival is Michigan.

I think it sucks. Even with conference expansion, we’re still an outsider. I’m disappointed we’re not playing Ohio State each year. That was the closest thing we had to a rival, and obviously their main rival is Michigan.
So you want Ohio State to play us and Michigan yearly? Why would they agree to that?

This is also moot. More expansion is inevitable

Reactions: FlyinLion1
It's interesting that they didn’t seem to want “forced” rivals yet they have Rutgers vs Maryland as protected. They’ve played each other a whopping 18 times.

I do like that we’re not locked into a crap, forced rival like Rutgers, Maryland, or MI State. Allows flexibility in scheduling.

???? That schedule is beautiful.
Maybe he meant '25. 2024 sets up beautifully with all of the big opponents at home for what is likely Allar's final year. We are really lopsided, favorably in 2024 and not at all in 2025. I think I'd rather see more balance from year to year instead of this.

Reactions: bison13 and 84Lion
Maybe he meant '25. 2024 sets up beautifully with all of the big opponents at home for what is likely Allar's final year. We are really lopsided, favorably in 2024 and not at all in 2025. I think I'd rather see more balance from year to year instead of this.
I’d definitely rather see more balance with when and where we play other king programs. We should get one of UM/tOSU/USC at home each season or at least Wisconsin or Iowa. Season ticket sales in 2025 is gonna tank

Reactions: LeatherHelmets
Rivalry games are for high school.
Tell that to the Red Sox and Yankees, and then to Ohio St-Michigan, SC-UCLA, Bama-Auburn, Texas-OU, Florida-Florida St, etc.

Penn St doesn't have even 1 annual rival in this new BT scheduling because neither Penn St nor any other BT school can make a sound case that Penn St has a meaningful BT rivalry worth protecting as annual. That's after 30 years in the BT. And that is sad.

Home: Michigan State, Nebraska, Northwestern, Ohio State, USC
Away: Indiana, Purdue, Rutgers, Wisconsin

Home: Illinois, Minnesota, Rutgers, UCLA
Away: Iowa, Maryland, Michigan, Michigan State, USC

View attachment 465

View attachment 466
Love the new concept. Play every team at least once every 2 years. The 2 best teams play for the championship. No divisions or patsy schedules of a weak league.

Reactions: indynittany
I’d definitely rather see more balance with when and where we play other king programs. We should get one of UM/tOSU/USC at home each season or at least Wisconsin or Iowa. Season ticket sales in 2025 is gonna tank

2025 home schedule-

Villanova
Nevada
Illinois
Minnesota
Rutgers
UCLA

That last OOC game better be a good one and not Temple or Delaware. ;)

Losing the yearly Penn State vs Ohio State game is a huge error for the conference. I’m hoping PSU has been promised a good rival after the next round of expansion, (hopefully, Notre Dame or Florida State).

Reactions: LMTLION
Losing the yearly Penn State vs Ohio State game is a huge error for the conference. I’m hoping PSU has been promised a good rival after the next round of expansion, (hopefully, Notre Dame or Florida State).

Notre Dame

I would have bet a huge amount of money that PSU-OSU would have been a protected game. not sure there are too many protected games now.....just a handful

Hate to say it, but I think we can forget about winning a Championship in 24
We don't play Michigan or Iowa, so barring big change in some of the other teams we're probably 10-0 before Ohio State and then USC come to town. USC coming to State College in November and you think we're going to lose with Allar as our QB? I don't even know why we bother holding a season anymore.

Reactions: Online Persona
We don't play Michigan or Iowa, so barring big change in some of the other teams we're probably 10-0 before Ohio State and then USC come to town. USC coming to State College in November and you think we're going to lose with Allar as our QB? I don't even know why we bother holding a season anymore.

Listen, here’s the deal, with a 12 team playoff in 24 all we would need to do most-likely is split USC, & Ohio State in-order to get a playoff spot.

With all that being said, the likelihood of us beating both Ohio State, & USC in the same season is pretty slim any way u slice it!

2025 home schedule-

Villanova
Nevada
Illinois
Minnesota
Rutgers
UCLA

That last OOC game better be a good one and not Temple or Delaware. ;)

As I've said before, we need to buy out the idiotic Temple series in 2026/27 (I guess we can keep the home game in 2027 if the Owls want) and then schedule a real opponent in 2025 (home) and 2026 (away).

The best options I can come up with that have openings and could fit those years would be Washington or Notre Dame. Kraft better make some calls and quick.

Unfortunately, I could see that happening. 😳
Sadly, I didn't say it in jest. They will almost certainly use the schedule as an excuse to book a guaranteed home game with minimal payout given the finances of the athletic department.

I would have bet a huge amount of money that PSU-OSU would have been a protected game. not sure there are too many protected games now.....just a handful

Given the small number of protected games - which I did not expect - I'm less surprised. With most teams having only 1 or 2 protected games, I don't think the Buckeyes wanted to be locked into games every year against both Michigan and PSU (same goes with MSU who wouldn't have wanted to play both Michigan and PSU every season).

But I'm still a little surprised we didn't get Rutgers and/or Maryland as a protected game.

You do know they didn't actually release the schedule (i.e. order of games) for 2024/25, just the opponents being played, right?

What I haven't seen yall discuss in the Flex part of this.

We do have MSU, USC, and Rutgers the next two years. Then, presumably, the next two years we could have another two teams "protected"...

Maybe OSU, Maryland, and UCLA?

I know it's only two years...but it will honor "semi-rivalries" with this setup. Which I think is what most of us would prefer...right?

Would you WANT Rutgers and Maryland on our schedule every year? Nah.

What I haven't seen yall discuss in the Flex part of this.

We do have MSU, USC, and Rutgers the next two years. Then, presumably, the next two years we could have another two teams "protected"...

Maybe OSU, Maryland, and UCLA?

I know it's only two years...but it will honor "semi-rivalries" with this setup. Which I think is what most of us would prefer...right?

Would you WANT Rutgers and Maryland on our schedule every year? Nah.

I would guess in 2026/27 that we will get Maryland as one of the teams that we'd play twice as well as one of Michigan or Ohio State and then some other random team in the third slot.

Because we have no protected games, we should play 6 different teams a total of 3 times during 2024-27 and then the other 9 teams will all be twice (once home, once away).

I threw this together to see how things compare against the big 4 of OSU, UM, PSU, USC.

We got a nice boost in '24 and a tough draw in '25. MSU got screwed as the only team to play 3 of the top 4 in both seasons.

CHoIftD.png

I hope so as well. I would prefer ND, but I would take FSU. But that ACC GOR seems bulletproof, though. I doubt ACC schools are in the realignment mix this decade with ND staying quasi independent. As long as the GOR stands, we may be screwed out of a rival. Oregon and Wash will join next the Big 10 next and obviously they will be protected rivals. Cal and Stanford will be as well if they join as the PAC crumbles.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT