ADVERTISEMENT

FC: ESPN takes on Penn State once again

Hold on. This is ridiculous even for you.

I claim you are not a PSU person and you tell me that I made the assertion so the burden of proof is on me.

YET, when you claim I am not a scientist, you claim the burden of proof is on me.

You cannot have it both ways.
Sure I can. You claim I am not a PSU person (I haven't said one way or the other) therefore the burden is on you to prove it. Then you claim to be a scientist (burden of proof on you) and when asked for proof will not provide it. So again the burden is on you. I call you a liar because you won't prove who you are. I didn't say one way or the other about my background. You can't keep from talking about your made up one.
It doesn't change the fact that I am.
Liar
I have. Clearly there are other people with the same handle. Not terribly surprising. "Dr" is a common prefix for people online (sometimes TIC, sometimes not) and the Big Beef Burrito was (is?) a very popular fast food item at Taco Bell. I have my own anecdote behind the nickname and obviously cannot control who else might use it on other platforms that I don't participate in. But I am not a gamer and I have certainly never been in blackface (you don't even know what race I am...you make a lot of assumptions).
The gamer is you. No one else uses that handle either on Twitter or the internet writ large. That picture is funny too. Why blackface? Are you racist?
I have zero recollection of you asking for anything specific.
You are a liar, I did and you refused then reported me to the mods.
All I recall is "something independently verifiable" which is super vague; and I refused.
I fixed it for you
And I feel like even if I provide you with my PII you will just claim I googled some person online.
Not necessarily and I could verify that.
So you need to tell me specifically what you want to see to admit you are wrong.
I have told you
Or you can STFU about it and never mention it again.
Nope
You only lie in trying to discredit me. I've not lied about anything about myself on this page.
Several actually
Making you look bad is amusement for me.
I like watching you dance
Searching for the truth is more than just amusement.
The truth is out already but it interferes with your religion.
The latter doesn't apply to me, but everyone that has ever had a job has a CV. It's just a resume (with things included that aren't on your paper pusher resume). But you are too ignorant to know that.
Except when all you've done is menial stuff and lived in mommies basement you won't have a CV. It does apply to you.
You've wasted plenty of your time on this board and accomplished nothing.
I disagree
I am not a liar and you haven't even come close to "destroying" me.
I can see it in your 🤬 posts 😂
If you won't bet, that's fine (I'm sure Jesus tell you not to wager.....LOLOLOLOL).
I won't bet with a liar
And if you don't want to meet, that's also fine
😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂 Yeah, I'm SURE you would travel just to see little old me. LOL
(I try very hard not to associated with guys who molest ostriches).
Smoking that dope again?
But short of that, I have no idea what I can show you to prove to you that I am who I say I am.
You've been told but refused
You will just claim it is photo shopped. Because you are a liar who refuses to admit he is wrong.
No because it is photo shopped.
Which facts back that up? Facts, not testimony.
The facts were presented at trial. Jury confirmed them.
They aren't telling the truth; it is just politically incorrect to question them. Which is ridiculous.
That statement is ridiculous. You have no proof they are lying or as I said THEY would be in jail.
I brought it up because it is relevant to the case.
Being groped by a slut in a bar has zero relation to this case. I think you're crying for help.
I've been a victim. You have not.
I think that is a lie
Therefore, I have a much better perspective on what real victims feel (not fake victims like in this case).
Incorrect. If your story is true (and I am beginning to doubt it) you were an adult and it was a brief one time thing. It has no relation whatsoever to what happened to those boys. What is interesting is that you (inadvertently) support them because you claim you didn't report it because you thought no one would believe you yet you hypocritically criticize CHILDREN for not reporting it because THEY believed as you did.
That's called relevance. You've been obsessing about the details (which I've shared because I believe in transparency). But I have no idea why that matters to you.
It is not relevant to the case. You are just making stuff up for argumentation.
I don't care about the courts of law.
Yes you are lawless
They got it wrong.
Opinion
Full stop.
False. Full Stop.
Tell us where it comes from. Who tells you what to think? I have formulated my own morality (which is what many people, including philosophers and all founders of new religions, do) and there is nothing wrong with that. In fact, it is FAR more intellectually honest than taking your morals from a book or a guy in a robe.
No it is immoral in that you can do anything you wish and rationalize it since your "morals" are made up to suit you. People like you are dangerous like that kid who shot up the grocery store recently.
Wrong. Graduated with highest distinction (equivalent of summa cum laude) from PSU and finished my PhD at age 26. But you can keep doubting me if it makes you feel better about your sad little life.
😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂 What a delusion.
Sure you can. I hold data in highest esteem. Data is what allows us to explain the world around us and solve problems.
You hold a Pedophile and his enablers in highest esteem.
Again, who tells you how to think?
That is not what morals are. You are confused.
You seem to think that independent thought is "the devil's work" which is laughable.
When did I say that? You're lying again.
Although this does explain why you just take the ESPN version of events as gospel.
I thought a court of law decided this. But you claim all narratives comes from ESPN? 😂
You cannot think for yourself, therefore you readily accept the story that requires the least thought.
You cannot accept that your idols failed. Are these idols your substitution for a some personal void?
This occurs very rarely and the Innocence Project is unlikely to take on the case of an accused pedophile, even if the evidence all suggests he is wrongly imprisoned.
Well, it won't happen here because all concerned are guilty.
It is very hard. But that doesn't mean Sandusky is guilty.
I disagree. He is guilty
Neither do you. So why even talk about it? Why bring up your supposed wealth? It is completely irrelevant to the conversation.
You brought it up first.
It's not. I had multiple jobs in sports (coaching and officiating) and sales (office based) from ages 16 to 19. At age 20, I had my first job in science.
Mopping floors I think.
You brought it up, you epic douchebag.
I did not you silly boy
I offered to show you my W2 to show that I wasn't "a janitor who lives in my mother's basement" and you "bragged" that you didn't even get a W2 anymore because you were so wealthy. STFU.
Why didn't you post it?
Not having kids is what keeps my expenses down.
And eating what mom makes for you.
Just like you have no idea what I do for a living....Oh, except, yes you do, because I told you (and showed you).
It ain't what you say it is. I'm thinking janitor or security guard.
Please note that you are asking for PII but I am not reporting you to the mods.
No, I'm not. You offered to compare and show it so I said fine, show it.
Also, I won't do this because you will just claim that I photoshopped it or found it on the internet.
You won't do it because it is a lie and you don't have one.
There is literally nothing I can show you online that you will believe -- you've already demonstrated this.
No, I've told you what to do. You refuse to do it saying you won't doxx yourself. Liar and coward.
That is why I suggested meeting. I can show you my CAC card, my business card and we can google my name together (it is relatively unusual, so pretty easy to find all of my publications, etc).
😂😂😂😂 Right right, I'm going to spend money to travel to see a psychotic, pathological liar who won't be there? Man, I know you I make you mad but I ain't that stupid. LOL

Last edited:
I think many people believe that the trial that was conducted was certainly not fair. The prosecution acted unethically and dishonestly. The Defense team was ovewhelemed an unprepared to go to trial. There is a great deal of information that has become known since 2012 that places doubt in many peoples minds that the trial outcomes were incorrect.

Would you be afraid of a new trial for Jerry Sandusky [given the wealth of information made public since 20212]?
Furthermore, what gives you the right to state that "your opinion" is the correct opinion and no other opinion shall be heard?
New trial?

Samuel W. Silver, the lawyer for former Penn State President Graham Spanier, stood up in a Harrisburg courtroom and without calling a witness, told the judge that the defense was resting its case.

Five minutes later, Silver began his closing argument to the jury by declaring, "There was no evidence of a crime by Graham Spanier."

"This case involves judgment calls," Silver told the jury. "They made judgment calls," Silver said about Spanier and his two alleged co-conspirators -- Tim Curley and Gary Schultz -- before they pleaded guilty and became government witnesses.

"They made judgment calls," Silver repeated about Spanier, Curley and Schultz. "They did not engage in crimes; they did not engage in a conspiracy."

"They took the matter seriously," Silver said about the now familiar plot line of the Jerry Sandusky
sex scandal. "They did not stand by and do nothing."

Silver's announcement to the judge came as somewhat of a surprise. The day before, when the government rested its case, there was talk among Penn State loyalists that the defense was planning to call up to four witnesses. The defense case was supposedly built around expected testimony from John Snedden, a Federal Investigative Services special agent who had done a background check of Spanier for a top-security government clearance in 2012, and had found no evidence of wrongdoing by Spanier at Penn State.

But Silver made his own judgment call that the prosecution didn't prove its case. So he went right to his closing argument.

The defense lawyer began by going through the law regarding the crimes that Spanier is charged with: two counts of endangering the welfare of a child, and one count of conspiring to endanger the welfare of a child.

To find Spanier guilty of endangering the welfare of a child, Silver said, the jury would have to find that Spanier interfered with or prevented someone from making a report of suspected child sex abuse.

The problem with that, Silver said, was that the government did not present any evidence that Spanier was ever told that Jerry Sandusky "was engaging in sexual crimes with minors."

"Nobody told Graham Spanier," Silver said. The defense lawyer went through every one of the fifteen witnesses called by the government, who turned out to be the only witnesses in the case.

"Her witnesses," Silver said, referring to his courtroom rival, Deputy Attorney General Laura Ditka. "Her witnesses made the defense case."

Silver returned to the language of the child endangerment statute. To find Spanier guilty, Silver said, the jury would have to conclude that the government had presented evidence beyond a reasonable doubt that Spanier had "knowingly violated" his alleged duty of care to protect the welfare of children that he was supposedly supervising.

"Graham Spanier was not aware that children's welfare would be endangered," Silver said. To find Spanier guilty, the jury would also have to conclude that Spanier was supervising the welfare of Second Mile child victims abused by Sandusky, many of whom were visitors to the Penn State campus.

The jury would also have to find that Spanier had acted "knowingly, intentionally and recklessly" when he allegedly interfered with or prevented anyone from reporting a suspected crime of child sex abuse.

Another element to the crime of child endangerment, Silver said, was the jury would have to find that in the course of performing his official duties Spanier "came into contact" with the child that he had allegedly endangered, the boy in the showers. Because the child endangerment statute required that Spanier would have had to knowingly endangered the welfare of the child he was supervising.

But the government presented no evidence of that.

To find Spanier guilty of conspiracy, Silver said, the jury would have to believe that Spanier "agreed to enter into a conspiracy to commit endangering the welfare of a child." And that Spanier and his co-conspirators had "agreed to put children in danger," and took actions toward that goal.

To anybody who sat through the two days of fact-free testimony that constituted the government's case, any of those findings would be a stretch. But this is sex abuse we're talking about, Penn State style, starring naked good old boy Jerry Sandusky bumping and grinding in the shower with little boys. It's like dousing a house made of straw with a couple cans of gasoline and waiting for a spark to fly.

Silver talked about the government's cooperating witnesses, former Penn State Athletic Director Curley, and former Penn State Vice-President Gary Schultz.

"These were the stars of their show," Silver said about the government's cae. But going by their testimony, Silver said, neither Curley nor Schultz ever told Spanier that what Mike McQueary witnessed in the showers was sex abuse.

Silver repeated what Schultz told the jury: "Jerry was always horsing around," Silver quoted Schultz as saying. "Schultz told Spanier it was horseplay."

Of all the government's fifteen witnesses, Silver said, only two, Curley and Schultz, testified that they spoke directly to Spanier about what McQueary told them.

McQueary, Silver reminded the jury, never spoke directly to Spanier about what he witnessed in the showers.

There was no conspiracy at Penn State, Silver said, summing up. Nobody told McQueary, or anybody else, to "keep things quiet, to keep their mouths shut." On the witness stand, both of the government's star witnesses, Curley and Schultz, testified that took the matter seriously. They were trying to do the right thing, Silver said. And they also testified that they did not participate in any conspiracy to cover up, and not report the infamous shower incident.

"There is no evidence that Graham Spanier knowingly endangered the welfare of children," Silver said. He concluded by asking the jury to find his client not guilty.

When Deputy Attorney General Laura Ditka stood up to give her closing, she wanted to clear up one thing right away.

"Gary Schultz and Tim Curley are not our star witnesses," she said, "They're criminals." And you can't count on criminals to tell you that they knowingly committed crimes.

With a paucity of facts to draw on, Ditka, Iron Mike's niece, turned to fireworks. Spanier, Curley and Schultz, she said, were all guilty of turning their backs on the welfare of children, in favor of protecting themselves and Penn State from scandal.

"Jerry Sandusky was left to run wild," she said.

She talked about the plan that Spanier, Curley and Schultz had agreed on. To confront Jerry Sandusky with the shower incident. And to inform Sandusky that he was no longer allowed to bring children onto Penn State property.

The PSU officials were hoping that Sandusky would admit to a problem and agree to seek help. If not, the PSU officials planned to report the shower incident to the child psychiatrist who led the Second Mile charity that employed Sandusky as a counselor. And also report the shower incident to the Department of Public Welfare, so they could investigate whether Sandusky's conduct amounted to sex abuse.

But there was a "downside" to that approach, as Ditka reminded the jury while she quoted from an email sent by Spanier. The downside was "if the message wasn't heard" by Sandusky, Spanier wrote to Curley and Schultz, then Spanier, Curley and Schultz "become vulnerable for not having reported it."

When you're conspiring to cover up sex abuse, it's not too smart to lay out the plot in an email chain that subsequently become a government exhibit. That's not usually how coverups work. But Ditka skipped over all that to blast the usual villains in the Penn State sex scandal narrative, starring that naked Jerry Sandusky cavorting in the showers with little boys.

"All they cared about was their own self interest," Ditka told the jury about Penn State's top officials. "Instead of putting him [Sandusky] on a leash," she said, "they let him run wild."

Ditka recounted to the jury the first incident Sandusky was ever accused of. Back in 1998, a mother went to the cops because Sandusky had allegedly given her 11-year-old son a naked bear hug in the shower. And he allegedly picked the boy up and stuck him under a shower head to allegedly wash the soap out of his ears.

The boy, a member of the Second Mile charity, had been lured into the showers by the promise of a pair of "Joe Paterno sox," Ditka reminded the jury. "The lure of Penn State football is strong."

Ditka spoke about what she described as the cover-up mode employed by those at the "top of the totem pole" at Penn State, namely Spanier, Curley and Schultz. And then she vividly contrasted it with the whistle blowing of Mike McQueary, whom she described as "the low man on the totem pole."

Ditka dove once more into all the salacious details of the McQueary shower story -- Sandusky's naked "body moving slowly," "slapping sounds," and "skin against skin."

"What do you think?" she asked the jury. "That's horseplay?"

If it's horseplay, she said, why was the Penn State president and two of his top officials meeting about it on the weekend? Why are Schultz and Curley sitting around Joe Paterno's kitchen table on a Sunday morning if it's just horseplay they're talking about, Ditka argued.

"Skin to skin, hips moving against a boy is not horsing around," she repeated. This is Penn State, she said, where they have ten thousand kids.

"Every time a towel is snapped," Ditka asked, do university officials gather at Graham Spanier's house?

They knew what they were doing, Ditka said about Spanier, Curley and Schultz. "They come up with
a plan," she said. "You have to keep it a secret."

That's why they waited ten days to interview whistle-blowing eyewitness McQueary, Ditka said. Because they didn't want to know the truth. They just wanted to keep the truth under wraps.

"They had a problem and they didn't want to deal with it," Ditka said. The result was, "They own it."

"They prevented a report of sex abuse," Ditka said. "They knew what they were dealing with."

Instead of tackling the problem head on, Ditka said, by hauling McQueary in and finding out exactly what had happened in the shower, PSU's top officials tried "to soft-shoe it."

And when time dragged by, Ditka said, Spanier assured a worried Gary Schultz that "It's taken care of."

Here, Ditka was taking some liberties with trial testimony. When asked on the witness stand who had told him that the shower incident had been investigated and "taken care of," Schultz couldn't remember.

"I can't say for sure that it was Graham Spanier," Schultz told the jury.

It was a quote that Silver had read to the jury. Then he warned that if Ditka tried to use that quote to prove Spanier was guilty, it fell far short of proof beyond a reasonable doubt.

But that wasn't going to stop Ditka.

It was like the scene in Animal House when Bluto gave the speech to his frat brothers about the Germans bombing Pearl Habor. Otter wondered whether he should correct Bluto, but Boon told him, "Forget it, he's rolling."

Like Bluto, Ditka was rolling.

"Graham Spanier told him [Schultz] 'Its taken care of," Ditka yelled. Before she was done, Ditka would not only declare that it was Spanier who had told Schultz "It was taken care of." She would also ccuse Spanier of deliberately "lying to Schultz."

Next, Ditka reminded the jury that when the Penn State sex abuse scandal exploded, Spanier insisted on running on the university's website two letters of support for Curley and Schultz.

"I support Gary and Tim," Ditka recounted the statements as basically saying. "Not a thought about the kids," she lamented. "They didn't care about kids."

The most entertaining part of Ditka's closing argument was when she trashed both of her star witnesses.

"Tim Curley," she declared, was "untruthful 90 percent of the time."

"Gary Schultz, I would suggest to you was more truthful," Ditka told the jury. That's because he cried on the witness stand.

You can't stage a courtroom tragedy without tears.

"He was crying for a whole lot of reasons," Ditka told the jury. Such as having to appear in court to testify against his old friend, Graham Spanier. But to counter those tears in her courtroom soap opera, Ditka brought up the tears of Victim No. 5.

Victim No. 5 was another government witness brought into the courtroom with much fanfare and extra security. Victim No. 5 had testified about being abused by Jerry Sandusky in the same showers where McQueary had previously seen Sandusky frolicking with another naked boy.

Victim No. 5, Ditka told the jury, wakes up crying on "a lot of mornings."

Ditka's weakest moment came when she left her emotional appeals behind to delve briefly into the law in the case, which for her sake, was probably best left undisturbed.

"There's more than enough proof," she concluded. "They knew the animal they were letting loose on the world," she said. Then she asked the jury to "find him [Spanier] guilty."

By the time she sat down, it was quite a performance. If the jury goes strictly by the law, Spanier walks. But if the jury is swayed by emotion, Spanier is toast.

It's as simple as that.

And God help the defendant if the jury ignores the judge's instructions and tunes in to the media coverage of the case, where they're playing all the old familiar tunes in the Penn State scandal, as sung by the attorney general's office, Sara Ganim and Louie Freeh.

There's a reason why Curley and Schultz pleaded guilty. It's an uphill battle when you're fighting a story line that everyone thinks they know.

There are problems with defending Graham Spanier. The former PSU president comes off as an intellectual who's aloof. He also didn't take the stand in his own defense. Even though the judge told the jury that they should consider Spanier "an innocent man," some jurors may believe he's hiding something.

Spanier is also on trial before a Dauphin County represented by a button-down Philadelphia lawyer. That might be another problem.

Meanwhile, the prosecution has Iron Mike Ditka's folksy niece tossing red meat at the jury. And the problem of his two former co-defendants having already pleaded guilty.

Incited by Iron Mike's niece, a Dauphin County jury might just decide to teach Graham Spanier a lesson with some frontier justice.

Or they could see through all the hype and emotion, glimpse the law, and send Spanier on his merry way, so he can proceed with lawsuits against Penn State and Louie Freeh.

Today, after Judge John Boccabella went over the legalities of the charges in the case, the jury began deliberating. Within 15 minutes, they had a question for the judge. They subsequently had two more questions.

The jury asked the judge to give them the definition of a conspiracy. They wanted to know the definition of acting recklessly. They also asked in order to have a conspiracy, does a crime necessarily have to have been committed?

Absolutely, the judge said.

Ditka had to be seething over this. If only she could have gotten in front of the jury one more time for a rebuttal. She could have talked about the tears of Victim No. 5. And that animal named Sandusky that the guys at the top of the totem pole at Penn State had knowingly turned loose on helpless children that they didn't care about.

By 7 p.m., after dinner was brought in, the jury was still deliberating. One of the jurors asked the judge if they could take a vote on whether to retire for the night.

No, the judge said. He alone would decide when they were going home.

In 1998, Sandusky admitted to hugging an 11-year-old boy naked in the showers. The boy's mom demanded that Jerry stop interacting with her son, and police were called. No charges filed. But Curley, Spanier, Paterno, etc. were all aware of the incident.

The MM incident was the 2001 incident.

I know you're not one of the Sandusky truthers, but there are such people in this thread.

My views on the matter would be different had the 1998 incident not happened. If the 2001 MM incident were the only one, I could understand the ambiguity on the matter and the failure to take any action. But 1998 was an obvious warning sign that Jerry needed help. Showering naked with young boys and fondling them is not normal behavior. And he was an active assistant coach at the time.

1998 was just the beginning.

With their recent plea bargains in hand, Tim Curley and Gary Schultz showed up at the Penn State sex abuse trial today to testify against their old boss, former PSU President Graham Spanier. And by day's end, they seemed to have scored more points for the defense then they did for the prosecution.

Curley, the former Penn State athletic director who is battling lung cancer, seemed extremely uncomfortable with his role as a cooperating witness for the prosecution in front of a courtroom packed with many Penn State loyalists, including football icon Franco Harris. On the witness stand, Curley professed an amazing lack of memory about most of the key events in the official Penn State sex abuse story line.

"I can't recall the specifics," Curley said about a meeting he had with former football Coach Joe Paterno to discuss what Mike McQueary heard and saw in his infamous 2001 visit to the Penn State locker room. "I have no recollection of that particular encounter," Curley said about a Sunday morning powwow he and Schultz had at Paterno's house to discuss what McQueary had witnessed in the showers. "I don't recall what his [Paterno's] response was."

About a meeting he and Schultz had with Spanier, Curley said, "We gave Graham a head's up." But he added, "I don't recall what the conversation was."

About another meeting Curley and Schultz had in President Spanier's office, Curley said, "I don't recall any of the conversation."

Well, asked the prosecutor, Deputy Attorney General Patrick Schulte, wasn't the meeting about what Mike McQueary said he heard and saw in the showers?

"I don't remember the specifics," Curley said.

Did McQueary say what he saw Jerry Sandusky doing with that boy in the showers was "sexual in nature," Schulte asked.

"No," Curley said.

Did McQueary say what he witnessed in the shower was horseplay, the prosecutor asked.

"I don't recall Mike saying that," Curley said. "I just walked through what Joe [Paterno] told us" about what McQueary told him about his trip to the locker room.

Well, the frustrated prosecutor asked, did you ever do anything to find out the identity of the boy in the shower with Jerry?

"I did not," Curley said. "I didn't feel like someone who is in danger," he said about the alleged victim.

But when the subject returned again to Curley's talks with Paterno, Curley responded, "I don't recall the specific conversation I had with Joe."

Curley downplayed the problems with Sandusky.

"I thought Jerry had a boundary issue," Curley said about Sandusky's habit of showering with young boys.

And what happened when Curley talked with Sandusky about that boundary issue, the prosecutor asked. Did Sandusky admit guilt?

"No, he didn't," Curley said.

Well, what did he say?

"I don't recall the specifics of the conversation," Curley replied.

The prosecutor reviewed for the jury's benefit Curley's guilty plea on one misdemeanor count of endangering the welfare of a child. In the guilty plea, Curley admitted that he "prevented or interfered with" the reporting of a case of suspected sex abuse, namely the boy that Mike McQueary saw in the showers with Sandusky.

"You know other kids got hurt" after the McQueary incident, the prosecutor asked Curley.

"That's what I understand," Curley said.

On cross-examination, Spanier's lawyer, Samuel W. Silver, asked Curley about his guilty plea. The defense lawyer specifically wanted to know who was it that Curley prevented or interfered with to keep that person from reporting a suspected case of child sex abuse.

Faced with the chance to finger Spanier, Curley blamed only himself.

"I pleaded guilty because I thought I should have done more," Curley told Silver. "At the end of the day, I felt I should have done more."

Silver, seemingly delighted with that answer, ended his cross-examination after only a couple of minutes.

"I appreciate your candor," Silver told the witness. The prosecutors, however, appeared to have a different opinion of Curley's performance while they glared at him.

The day in Dauphin County Court began with the prosecution calling a couple of witnesses who worked as assistants to Gary Schultz, and used to do his filing.

Joan Cobel recalled how Schultz told her about a manilla folder he was starting with Jerry Sandusky's name on it.

"Don't look at it," Cobel recalled Schultz advising her about the Sandusky file, which was kept under lock and key.

"He never used that tone of voice before," Cobel conspiratorially told the prosecutor.

Lisa Powers, a former spokesperson for PSU and a speechwriter for Spanier, told the jury how she "kept feeling that something wasn't right" about the Sandusky rumors that reporters were asking her about. She recalled that when she asked another Penn State official about what was really going on with Sandusky, she was told, "The less you know the better."

The implication was that a big sex scandal was brewing at Penn State. Whether the jury buys all this hokum is another matter.

The prosecution, which rested its case today after only two days of testimony, seemed to be playing up the drama in the absence of hard factual evidence against Spanier.

Deputy Attorney General Laura Ditka, Iron Mike's niece, got Powers to tell the jury how Spanier insisted on posting statements from lawyers defending both Curley and Schultz on the university's website after the sex scandal broke.

Then Ditka got Powers to admit that while the university was posting those defenses of Curley and Schultz, it didn't run a statement expressing sympathy for Sandusky's alleged victims.

Ditka also managed to give a speech, in the form of a question, asking Powers if Spanier told her "they did nothing to locate that child that was in that shower with Jerry Sandusky."

To hammer home the plight of the alleged victims in the scandal, the prosecution put "John Doe" on the stand, a 28-year-old known previously at the Sandusky trial as "Victim No. 5."

Judge John Boccabella seemed to cooperate with the theatrics. John Doe was sworn in as a witness in the judge's chambers. And when he came out to testify, the judge had extra deputies posted around the courtroom, to make sure that no spectator used their cellphone to take photos or video of the celebrity witness.

Conditions during the short Spanier trial have bordered on the draconian. The judge typically wants spectators seated in his courtroom by 8:30 a.m. Anybody who shows up late can't get in. Anybody who leaves the courtroom can't come back. Nobody can talk. And anybody caught using a cell phone not only in the courtroom, but anywhere on the fifth floor of the courthouse, faces a contempt of court rap that carries a penalty of six months in jail.

John Doe told the jury how he had begun attending Second Mile activities when he was 9 or 10, at the suggestion of a teacher, who thought it would improve his English.

The prosecution introduced photos of the boy.

"That was taken in Jerry and Dottie's house," John Doe told the jury about one shot of him posing with Jerry.

The whole point of John Doe's trip to the witness stand was to tell the jury that John Doe was sexually abused in the Penn State showers later in the same year that McQueary made his famous visit there.

The prosecution's final witness was Gary Schultz. He dutifully told the jury about how he had just pleaded guilty to one misdemeanor count of endangering the welfare of a child, because he prevented or interfered with the reporting of a possible sex crime against a minor.

Once again, Schultz was referring to the boy Mike McQueary saw in the showers with Jerry Sandusky.

Schultz, the university's former vice president for finance and business, had a better memory than Curley. He recalled how he gave Spanier three updates about the 1998 accusation against Sandusky, made by the mother of an 11-year-old, who had objected to Sandusky giving her son a bear hug in the shower.

When McQueary came forward in 2001 to make his accusations, Schultz said his mind immediately flashed back to 1998. And he "wanted Jerry to get professional help."

Schultz outlined the original plan for coping with the McQueary allegations about the shower incident with Sandusky. The PSU administrators, Curley, Schultz and Spanier, wanted to confront Sandusky, and tell him he wasn't allowed to bring children into Penn State facilities any more. They also wanted to revoke his key to all of Penn State's athletic facilities.

The PSU administrators planed to inform the president of Sandusky's charity, the Second Mile, about what had happened in the showers. And then they were going to report the incident to the Department of Public Welfare.

But Curley had second thoughts, thinking it was more "humane" to confront Sandusky first, and then inform the Second Mile, and finally, DPW.

Schultz told the jury how he reluctantly went along with Curley's change of heart. The PSU administrators did confront Sandusky. And they did inform a child psychologist who was the head of the Second Mile charity. But the PSU administrators never reported the shower incident to DPW.

"We should have reported it," Schultz told the jury. "We should have followed the original plan."

The prosecutor asked if PSU had made that report to DPW, would it have spared future victims?

"Who knows," Schultz said. "But it would have been the right thing to do."

On cross-examination, Silver, Spanier's lawyer, pointed out that today on the witness stand, Schultz had described McQueary's description of the shower incident as Sandusky standing behind the boy, with his arms around him.

"That's the first time we've heard that version," Silver said, pointing out to the jury that only after he became a coopering witness did Schultz start singing the prosecution's tune.

As he did with Curley, Silver asked Schultz who he had prevented from filing a report of possible child sexual abuse.

As Curley had done, Schultz blamed himself.

"I had been deficient in not reporting it myself," Schultz said. "I really thought we should report it to DPW."

After the prosecution rested, Spanier's supporters looked happy as they filed out of the courtroom.

"The case wasn't strong," Franco Harris said. He wondered why the prosecution had brought it in the first place.

Tomorrow, when the court reconvenes at 8:30 a.m., the defense plans to call up to four witnesses, which may or may not include Graham Spanier. The expectation is that the jury will have the case by the end of the day.

etc
etc

What proof do you have that all the OAG is corrupt?
  • In 2019, the disciplinary board of the state Supreme Court recommended a suspension of Fina's law license for a year and a day for "reprehensible" and "inexcusable" conduct. That suspension was approved on Feb. 19, 2020 by a 5-1 vote by the justices on the state's highest court.
  • "As a prosecutor [Fina] served as a 'minister of justice,' whose 'duty to seek justice' trumps his role as an advocate to win cases," the disciplinary board wrote in a document signed by James C. Haggerty, the board's vice-chair. The disciplinary board cited case law that said that "lawyers who commit misconduct while in a public position bring disrepute upon the bar . . . [Fina] betrayed the faith and trust of the public by engaging in misconduct in his official capacity."
  • The Disciplinary Board of the Supreme Court’s opinion grew out of a complaint that in his inquiry into Spanier, Curley, and Schultz, Fina improperly gathered testimony from the university’s then-general counsel, Cynthia Baldwin. Because Baldwin had represented the university in the early stages of the inquiry, the board found that Fina violated an ethical rule barring prosecutors from turning defense witness lawyers into witnesses against former clients. In March, the Disciplinary Board recommended that Baldwin, who served on the state’s highest court, be publicly censured for providing the testimony. During such proceedings, attorneys appear before the state Supreme Court and are publicly rebuked. The high court has not yet weighed in on Baldwin’s case.
  • According to McChesney's diary, the A.G.'s office also conveniently supplied Freeh with a copy of Schreffer's confidential police report, a document that Freeh was not entitled to see. But it always helps to have a friend in the A.G.'s office.
  • "I know that a lot of this stuff is incorrect and it is hard not to respond," Eshbach emailed McQueary. "But you can't."

• In 2019, the disciplinary board of the state Supreme Court recommended a suspension of Fina's law license for a year and a day for "reprehensible" and "inexcusable" conduct. That suspension was approved on Feb. 19, 2020 by a 5-1 vote by the justices on the state's highest court.
  • "As a prosecutor [Fina] served as a 'minister of justice,' whose 'duty to seek justice' trumps his role as an advocate to win cases," the disciplinary board wrote in a document signed by James C. Haggerty, the board's vice-chair. The disciplinary board cited case law that said that "lawyers who commit misconduct while in a public position bring disrepute upon the bar . . . [Fina] betrayed the faith and trust of the public by engaging in misconduct in his official capacity."
  • The Disciplinary Board of the Supreme Court’s opinion grew out of a complaint that in his inquiry into Spanier, Curley, and Schultz, Fina improperly gathered testimony from the university’s then-general counsel, Cynthia Baldwin. Because Baldwin had represented the university in the early stages of the inquiry, the board found that Fina violated an ethical rule barring prosecutors from turning defense witness lawyers into witnesses against former clients. In March, the Disciplinary Board recommended that Baldwin, who served on the state’s highest court, be publicly censured for providing the testimony. During such proceedings, attorneys appear before the state Supreme Court and are publicly rebuked. The high court has not yet weighed in on Baldwin’s case.
  • According to McChesney's diary, the A.G.'s office also conveniently supplied Freeh with a copy of Schreffer's confidential police report, a document that Freeh was not entitled to see. But it always helps to have a friend in the A.G.'s office.
  • "I know that a lot of this stuff is incorrect and it is hard not to respond," Eshbach emailed McQueary. "But you can't."

Freeh was a piece of work.

Lawyers for Jerry Sandusky have filed a motion for a new trial based on newly discovered evidence that documents rampant collusion between the criminal investigation of the Penn State sex scandal conducted by the state attorney general's office and the supposedly independent $8 million civil investigation of PSU presided over by former FBI Director Louis Freeh.

Throughout the Freeh investigation, which was the legal basis for the NCAA's unprecedented sanctions imposed against Penn State that included a record $60 million fine, there were "substantial communications" between the AG's office and Freeh's investigators, the motion states. Those communications included a steady stream of leaks to Freeh's investigators emanating from the supposedly secret grand jury probe overseen by former Deputy Attorney General Frank Fina, a noted bad actor in this case.

The collusion and leaks between the AG's office and the Freeh Group are documented in three sets of confidential records filed under seal by Sandusky's lawyers; all those records, however, were previously disclosed on Big Trial. The records include a private 79-page diary kept by former FBI Special Agent Kathleen McChesney, the co-leader of the Freeh investigation, in 2011 and 2012; a seven-page "Executive Summary of Findings" of a 2017 confidential review of the Freeh Report conducted by seven Penn State trustees; and a 25-page synopsis of the evidence gleaned by the trustees in 2017 after a review of the so-called "source materials" for the Freeh Report still under judicial seal.

In documents filed Saturday in state Superior Court, Sandusky's lawyers argued in their motion for a new trial that the collusion that existed between the AG and Freeh amounted to a "de facto joint investigation" that not only violated state law regarding grand jury secrecy, but also tainted one of the jurors who convicted Sandusky.

Juror 0990

According to the motion for a new trial, "Juror 0990" was a Penn State faculty member who was interviewed by Freeh's investigators before she was sworn in as a juror at the Sandusky trial.

"At no time during this colloquy, or any other time, did the prosecution disclose that it was working in collaboration with the Freeh Group which interviewed the witness," lawyers Philip Lauer and Alexander Lindsay Jr. argue in the 31-page motion filed on Sandusky's behalf.

At jury selection, Joseph Amendola, Sandusky's trial lawyer, had no knowledge "about the degree of collaboration" ongoing between the AG's office and Freeh investigators, Sandusky's appeal lawyers wrote. Had he known, Amendola stated in an affidavit quoted in the motion for a new trial, Amendola would have "very likely stricken her for cause, or at a minimum, used one of my preemptory strikes to remove her as a potential juror."

Had he known the AG and Freeh Group were working in tandem, Amendola stated in an affidavit, he would have also quizzed all other potential jurors about any interaction with investigators from the Freeh Group. And he "would have sought discovery of all materials and statements obtained by the Freeh Group regarding the Penn State/Sandusky investigation."

Coercive Tactics By Freeh's Investigators

In their motion for a new trial, Sandusky's lawyers describe the hardball tactics employed by Freeh's investigators as detailed in a seven-page June 29, 2018 report from the Penn State trustees who investigated the so-called source materials for the Freeh Report. In their report, seven trustees state that "multiple individuals have approached us privately to tell us they were subjected to coercive tactics when interviewed by Freeh's investigators."

"Investigators shouted, were insulting, and demanded that interviewees give them specific information," the seven trustees wrote, such as, "Tell me that Joe Paterno knew Sandusky was abusing kids!"

"Some interviewees were told they could not leave until they provided what the interviewers wanted, even when interviewees protested that this would require them to lie," the trustees wrote. Some individuals were called back by Freeh's investigators for multiple interviews, where the same questions were repeated, and the interviewees were told they were being "uncooperative for refusing to untruthfully agree with interviewers' statements."

"Those employed by university were told their cooperation was a requirement for keeping their jobs," the trustees wrote. And that being labeled "uncooperative" by Freeh's investigators was "perceived as a threat against their employment."

Indeed, the trustees wrote, "one individual indicated that he was fired for failing to tell the interviewers what they wanted to hear."

"Coaches are scared of their jobs," the trustees quoted another interviewee as saying.

"Presumably," Sandusky's lawyers wrote, as a Penn State employee, "Juror number 0990 was subject to this type of coercion."

Sandusky's Lawyers Seek To Depose Freeh, Fina

In their motion for a new trial, Sandusky's lawyers ask the Superior Court for permission to conduct an evidentiary hearing so that Sandusky's lawyers could learn the depth of the collaboration that existed between the AG's office and Freeh's investigators.

At that evidentiary hearing, Sandusky's lawyers wrote, they would seek to depose Freeh, McChesney, and other Freeh investigators that include Gregory Paw and Omar McNeill. Sandusky's lawyers also seek to interview former deputy attorney generals Frank Fina, Jonelle Eshbach and Joseph McGettigan, as well as former AG agents Anthony Sassano and Randy Feathers.

According to the motion, the communications on the part of the AG's office "appear to have included information, and even testimony, from the special investigating grand jury then in session, which communications would be in direct violation of grand jury secrecy rules, and would subject the participants in the Attorney General's office to sanctions."

Sandusky's lawyers are also seeking disclosure of all of the so-called source materials for the Freeh Report. Those records, as previously mentioned, are still under seal in the ongoing cover-up of the scandal behind the Penn State scandal, as led by the stonewalling majority on the Penn State board of trustees.

Sandusky, 76, was re-sentenced on appeal last November to serve 30 to 60 years in prison for sexually abusing ten boys, the same sentence he originally got after he was convicted in 2012 on 45 counts of sex abuse.

According to a Dec. 2, 2011, letter of engagement, Freeh was formally hired by Penn State to "perform an independent, full and complete investigation of the recently publicized allegation of sexual abuse."

But instead of an independent investigation, the confidential documents show that Freeh's investigators were hopelessly intertwined with the AG's criminal investigation, tainting both probes. According to the confidential documents, the AG's office was supplying secret grand jury transcripts and information to Freeh's investigators; both sets of investigators were also trading information on common witnesses and collaborating on strategy.

The records show that former deputy Attorney General Fina was in effect directing the Freeh Group's investigation by telling Freeh's investigators which witnesses they could interview, and when. In return, Freeh's investigators shared what they were learning during their investigation with Fina. And when they were done, Freeh's investigators showed the deputy AG their report before it was made public.

The Pennsylvania Railroad

In their motion for a new trial, Sandusky's lawyers argue that their client's constitutional rights were trampled under the mad rush to save Penn State's storied football program from the NCAA's threat to impose the "death penalty" on the Nittany Lions.

To save Penn State football, the NCAA and Penn State's trustees had worked out a consent decree with voluntary sanctions. The consent decree, which called for the university's unconditional surrender, required that two things happen by the opening of the 2012 college football season to save Penn State football: Jerry Sandusky had to be convicted and the Freeh Report had to be published.

Sandusky was indicted by a grand jury on Nov. 5, 2011, the details of which were leaked to reporter Sara Ganim of the Patriot-News of Harrisburg.

On Nov. 21, 2011, Penn Stated agreed to hire Freeh.

The railroad was running right on schedule. And Judge John Cleland, who presided over Sandusky's trial, demonstrated time and time again that he was willing to sacrifice Sandusky's constitutional rights to keep the trains running on time.

On Dec. 12, 2011, an off-the-record meeting was held at the Hilton Garden Inn at State College, attended by the trial judge, John Cleland, the prosecutors, the defense lawyers, and a district magistrate judge. At the off-the-record hotel meeting, Sandusky's lawyers agreed to waive a preliminary hearing where they would have had their only pre-trial chance to question the eight alleged victims who would testify at trial against Sandusky.

For any defense lawyer, this unusual conference led to a decision that was akin to slitting your own throat. But Sandusky's defense lawyers were completely overwhelmed by the task of defending their client against ten different accusers -- two of whom were imaginary boys in the shower -- while confined to a blitzkrieg trial schedule.

On Feb. 29, 2012, Amendola sought a two-month delay for the trial that was denied by Judge Cleland.

On the eve of the Sandusky trial, Amendola and his co-counsel, Karl Rominger, made a motion to withdraw as Sandusky's defense lawyers because, as Amendola told the judge, "We are not prepared to go to trial at this time."

The motion was denied.

In an affidavit, Amendola stated that "no attorney could have effectively represented Mr. Sandusky" given the "time constraints" imposed by Judge Cleland. Amendola stated that in the days and weeks before the Sandusky trial, he was hit with "more than 12,000 pages of discovery."

Those time constraints, Amendola stated, kept two expert forensic psychologists from participating in Sandusky's defense, which would have included reviewing the discovery in the case.

But under Judge Cleland, the Pennsylvania Railroad that Jerry Sandusky was riding on had to stay on schedule. And everybody knew it, including the prosecutors in the AG's office, as well as Freeh's investigators.

In the McChesney diary, on May 10, 2012, she noted in a conference call with Gregory Paw and Omar McNeil, two of Freeh's investigators, that Paw is going to talk to Fina, and that the "judge [is] holding firm on date of trial."

In his affidavit, Amendola, Sandusky's trial lawyer, states that McChesney didn't receive this information from him.

"An obvious question arises as to whether or not the trial judge was communicating with a member of the Freeh Group, attorneys for the attorney general's office, or anyone else concerning the trial date," Sandusky's appeal lawyers wrote.

In their motion for a new trial, Sandusky's lawyers seek to question Judge Cleland at an evidentiary hearing "to determine whether, and to what extent, collusion between the office of the attorney general, the Freeh investigation and the NCAA had an impact on the trial."

And "whether, as a result, defendant's right to a fair trial, and the effective assistance of his counsel, were negatively affected or compromised."

They were. Meanwhile, the trains were running on time.
On June 22, 2012, Sandusky was found guilty.

On July 12, 2012, the Freeh report was issued.

On July 23, 2012, NCAA President Mark Emmert and PSU President Rodney Erickson signed a consent decree that imposed sanctions on PSU football program.

Less than two weeks later, on Aug. 6, 2012, the Penn State football team, under new coach Bill O'Brien, gathered at the practice field at University Park for the official start of training camp.

On Sept. 1, l2012, the Nittany Lions played Ohio University at Beaver Stadium in the season opener, lost 24-14, en route to a 8-4 season.

So Penn State football was saved at the expense of Jerry Sandusky's constitutional rights.

Frank Fina: Leaker, Bad Actor

In their motion for a new trial, Sandusky's lawyers cite a history of leaks on grand jury investigations that deputy attorney general Frank Fina was the lead prosecutor on.

It began with a partial grand jury transcript in the bonus gate investigation that was leaked to the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette in 2009.

Next, the indictment of Sandusky was leaked to Sara Ganim in 2011, who was functioning as the press secretary for the AG's office.

Finally, the names of four state legislators who allegedly took bribes from Tyron Ali during an undercover operation -- and the amount of money and gifts that they took -- was leaked to The Philadelphia Inquirer in 2014.

According to Sandusky's lawyers, "this form of prosecutorial misconduct" -- leaking -- had become "entrenched and flagrant" in the AG's office. Especially when Frank Fina was in charge of a grand jury investigation.

Fina has previously been disciplined for his overzealous and unprincipled actions in the Penn State investigation.

In February, the state Supreme Court in a
5-1 decision suspended Fina's law license for a year and a day after the state's office of disciplinary counsel found that Fina had improperly obtained grand jury testimony against three former Penn State officials from their own lawyer.

Fina had threatened to indict former Penn State General Counsel Cynthia Baldwin, unless she became a cooperator in the grand jury against her own clients. To pull that off, the disciplinary board found, Fina had to deceive a grand jury judge about his true intentions when he interviewed Baldwin before the grand jury. And he had to browbeat Baldwin to the point where she was willing to betray the attorney-client privilege by testifying against her clients.

For her misconduct in the grand jury investigation of Penn State, the state Supreme Court gave Baldwin, a former state Supreme Court justice, a public reprimand.

McChesney's Diary

McChesney's diary is replete with constant, ongoing communication between Freeh's investigators and the AG's office while both investigations were up and running.

For example, in her diary McChesney makes reference to a 1998 police report that the Freeh team should not have had access to. The report was an investigation into the first incident involving Sandusky showering with a child, but the investigation had cleared Sandusky of any wrongdoing.

In her diary, McChesney doesn't mention how the Freeh Group obtained that police report, but three lines later, McChesney wrote: "Records - IT: Team working with Atty general, will receive in stages."

McChesney's diary portrayed Fina as not only leaking grand jury secrets to the Freeh Group, but also being actively involved in directing the Freeh Group's investigation, to the point of saying if and when they could interview certain witnesses.

McChesney recorded that the Freeh Group was going to notify Fina that they wanted to interview Ronald Schreffler, the investigator from Penn State Police who probed the 1998 shower incident. After he was notified, McChesney wrote, "Fina approved interview with Schreffler."

According to McChesney, members of the Freeh Group "don't want to interfere with their investigations," and that she and her colleagues were being "extremely cautious & running certain interviews by them."

McChesney wrote that the Freeh Group even "asked [Deputy Attorney General] Fina to authorize some interviews." And that the AG's office "asked us to stay away from some people, ex janitors, but can interview" people from the Second Mile, Sandusky's charity for youths.
In her diary, McChesney speculated about the need to have somebody "handle, organize, channel data" from the attorney general's office. GP, she wrote, presumably, Greg Paw, discussed "Piggyback on AG investigation re: docs."

In her diary, McChesney is also extremely knowledgable about what the AG was up to during its supposedly secret grand jury investigation of Penn State. She described the "AG's strategies: may go to new coach to read riot act to [Penn State Associate Athletic Director Fran] Ganter et al."

On March 7, 2012, McChesney wrote that the Freeh Group continued to be in "close communications with AG and USA," as in the U. S. Attorney.

On March 30, 2012, Greg Paw related to McChesney what he learned during a call with Frank Fina. Fina, according to Paw, was "relooking at [Penn State President Graham] Spanier," and that Fina was "not happy with University & cooperation but happy to have 2001 email."

She also knew that the grand jury judge was "not happy with" Penn State Counsel Cynthia Baldwin," specifically "what she [Baldwin] said about representing the university."

In the grand jury proceedings, Baldwin asserted that she had represented the university, and not Penn State President Graham Spanier, Athletic Director Tim Curley, and Penn State Vice-President Gary Schultz. Apparently, the grand jury judge had a problem with that, McChesney wrote.

Freeh's investigators also interviewed Baldwin on several occasions.

Baldwin's grand jury testimony was described by McChesney in her diary as "inconsistent statements." McChesney also noted that "we are getting" copies "of the transcripts."

And the grand jury transcripts on Baldwin weren't the only documents the AG's office was sharing with Freeh's investigators. On April 2, 2012, McChesney recorded being notified by fellow investigator McNeill that "AG documents received re: Curley and Schultz."

In her diary, McChesney continued to log grand jury secrets that not even the defendants in the Penn State case were aware of.

On April 16, 2012, McChesney recorded "next week more grand jury," and that Spanier would be charged. She added that Spanier's lawyer didn't "seem to suspect" that Spanier was going to be arrested. She also recorded that Spanier's lawyer "wants access to his emails," but that Fina did not want Spanier "to see 2001 email chain," where Penn State administrators talked about how to handle Sandusky and his habit of showering with children.
McChesney wrote that the grand jury was meeting on April 25th, and that an indictment of Spanier might come as soon as two days later. She also recorded that Fina "wants to question [people]; then it turns into perjury," which McChesney noted was "not fair to the witness."

More Frank Fina Leaks

On April 19, 2012, Paw "spoke with Fina," and was advised that the deputy attorney general "does not want Spanier or other [defendants] to see documents; next 24 hours are important for case & offered to re-visit over weekend re: sharing documents."

McChesney further recorded that "attys and AG's office staffs are talking & still looking to charge Spanier." Paw, she wrote, was scheduled to meet with Spanier's lawyer tomorrow, and that "Fina said the 4 of them [including Wendell Courtney] are really in the mix." McChesney was presumably referring to Spanier, Curley, Schultz and Courtney, then a Penn State counsel.

The emails from the trio of Penn State administrators, McChesney wrote, would be "released in a [grand jury] presentment and charging documents."

The night before Spanier was arrested, Paw sent an email to his colleagues at the Freeh Group, advising them of the imminent arrest.

The subject of Paw's email: "CLOSE HOLD -- Important."
"PLEASE HOLD VERY CLOSE," Paw wrote his colleagues at the Freeh Group. "[Deputy Attorney General Frank] Fina called tonight to tell me that Spanier is to be arrested tomorrow, and Curley and Schultz re-arrested, on charges of obstruction of justice and related charges . . . Spanier does not know this information yet, and his lawyers will be advised about an hour before the charges are announced tomorrow."
Other members of the state attorney general's office were helpful to Freeh's investigators. McChesney wrote that investigator Sasssano divulged that he brought in the son of Penn State trustee Steve Garban because "he had info re [Jerry Sandusky] in shower." The AG's office also interviewed interim Penn State football coach Tom Bradley about his predecessor, Joe Paterno, and the 1998 shower incident.

"Bradley was more open & closer to the truth," McChesney wrote, "but still holding back."

On April 26, 2012, McChesney noted in her diary that "police investigators have interviewed 44 janitors, 200+ victims." On May 1, 2012, she wrote that Fina told them that "Spanier brings everyone in on Saturday." Fina also told the Freeh Group that he found out from Joan Coble, Schultz's administrative assistant, and her successor, Kim Belcher, that "there was a Sandusky file," and that it supposedly "was sacrosanct and secret."

McChesney recorded that Fina told the Freeh Group that one of Schultz's administrative assistants "got a call on her way to work on Monday from Schultz." She was told she had to surrender keys, presumably to the locked file. "She's emotional," McChesney wrote. " She may have been sleeping w Schultz."

Both Coyle and Belcher got immunity to testify against Schultz. Meanwhile, there were several leakers on Schultz's supposedly secret file that he was keeping on Sandusky. As McChesney recorded in her diary, "Fina got papers from two different sources."

The cooperation between the attorney general's office and Freeh's investigators went both ways.
When Freeh's investigators, including McChesney, interviewed Penn State counsel Baldwin and learned somebody else in the attorney general's office was leaking her information, they knew they had to tell Fina.

"Paw: didn't tell Fina that Baldwin heard @ the charges before they happened, but will tell him that," McChesney wrote. Baldwin, McChesney added, told Freeh's investigators that "a colleague in the AG's office leaked that Curly, Schultz and Sandusky would be charged," and that Spanier "was stunned."

Emails From The Source Materials

From the get-go, the prospect of Freeh's investigators working in tandem with the AG's office was laid out in emails circulated among Freeh's investigators.
"If we haven't, we should make certain that we determine the utility of looking into all the same areas of interest raised by the AG in the subpoenas, to ensure that we do not get 'scooped' [borrowing Louie's term used in connection with the recent federal subpoena]," Omar McNeill, a senior investigator for the Freeh Group, wrote his colleagues on Feb. 8, 2012.

"I think that we are delving into most of the same areas, but I am not sure at all," McNeill wrote.

"I want to make sure that we are comfortable that we have an understanding of all the areas the AG has inquired about in subpoenas [or otherwise if our contacts at the AG have provided us other insights] that we can state when asked -- as we certainly will be -- that we made a conscious, strategic decision as to whether to pursue those same lines of inquiry in some form," McNeill wrote.

Another term for those grand jury "insights" gleaned from our "contacts at the AG" -- leaks.
In a June 6, 2012 email, written a month before Freeh released his report on Penn State, Paw informed the other members of the Freeh Group about the feedback that Fina was getting from the grand jury.

"He [Fina] said that the feedback he received from jurors was that they wanted someone to take a 'fire hose' to Penn State and rinse away the bad that happened there. He [Fina] said that he still looked forward to a day when Baldwin would be ‘led away in cuffs,’ and he said that day was going to be near for Spanier.”

The cooperation between the Freeh Group and the AG's office continued to go both ways. On June 26, 2012, Gregory Paw told Fina that the Louie Freeh report would be out by the week of July 13th.

They do not.
You merely saying they do not, does not make it so.
But your narrative is not based on facts. It is speculation.
See above.
It is not.
See above.
You can't have sanctions without infractions
And yet we did. See the database. See the "special web page just for PSU" that you apparently jerk off to every night. No mention of major infractions in either place.

Thanks. Well stated and sourced.

Anyone who claims the OAG isn't corrupt is either somehow associated with the OAG or is so biased in this case they cannot accept anything that does not support their world view.

False. The 60 million was paid and not returned. Other sanctions were relieved based on the cooperation of PSU with George Mitchell who recommended so. They were not rescinded. They are still there.
You don't know the meaning of the word "rescind". Let me help you.

re·scind
/rəˈsind/
Learn to pronounce

verb

1. revoke, cancel, or repeal (a law, order, or agreement).

Read Mark Emmert's letter.
I have. Zero mention of major infractions. Zero.

You are neither a hero nor a scientist. It is a lie.
I may not be a hero (not for me to say) but I am definitely a scientist. Happy to prove it, just tell me how.
That too is a lie. When I asked for prove you reported me to the mods. You've offered no proof that cannot be independently verified.
I have never reported you to the mods. Maybe someone else did.

As I have previously mentioned, there is nothing I can provide to you via the internet that you will consider "independently verifiable". You will just claim I photoshopped it. You've used that excuse before.

You are wrong. Just admit it. I am exactly who I say I am.

The question was: "What proof do you have that all the OAG is corrupt? That's one person, who did not prosecute CSS. You fail.
ALL the OAG. That's one person still fail
See above
Who says Freeh was not entitled to see it? Cipriano the hack? Freeh said when he started that he would cooperate with LE. Fail again
Was Eschbach disciplined like Fina or even charged with a crime? No, so you fail yet again.

You don't know the meaning of the word "rescind". Let me help you.

re·scind
/rəˈsind/
Learn to pronounce

verb

1. revoke, cancel, or repeal (a law, order, or agreement).
Did PSU get their 60 million back? 😂

I have. Zero mention of major infractions. Zero.
You are jerking off to a word. Read the letter and the references he makes to the NCAA Constitution and their Bylaws. Covering up for a pedophile on your athletic staff is an infraction whether that word is used of not. Furthermore, PSU accepted those sanctions and commissioned an investigation that they also accepted and showed unethical conduct by athletic staff.

Last edited:
I may not be a hero (not for me to say) but I am definitely a scientist. Happy to prove it, just tell me how.
Already have.
I have never reported you to the mods. Maybe someone else did.
Liar
As I have previously mentioned, there is nothing I can provide to you via the internet that you will consider "independently verifiable". You will just claim I photoshopped it. You've used that excuse before.
You must know that showing a document mostly blanked out with photoshop is not proof of anything. You make the claims and remain anonymous and you are a liar.
You are wrong. Just admit it. I am exactly who I say I am.
You are both a liar and a coward. You know how to prove it but you won't so that proves my point.

Thanks. Well stated and sourced.

Anyone who claims the OAG isn't corrupt is either somehow associated with the OAG or is so biased in this case they cannot accept anything that does not support their world view.
False. That's ONE person in that office. Saying the entire OAG is corrupt because of ONE member is illogical and wrong.

Sure I can. You claim I am not a PSU person (I haven't said one way or the other) therefore the burden is on you to prove it. Then you claim to be a scientist (burden of proof on you) and when asked for proof will not provide it. So again the burden is on you. I call you a liar because you won't prove who you are. I didn't say one way or the other about my background. You can't keep from talking about your made up one.
This is absurd logic. That's like me stating that you are human being but because you haven't stated one way or another the burden is on me to prove you are a human being.
Liar

The gamer is you. No one else uses that handle either on Twitter or the internet writ large. That picture is funny too. Why blackface? Are you racist?
Not a gamer and never worn blackface. Can't say it any more plainly than that.
You are a liar, I did and you refused then reported me to the mods.
I am not and have never reported you to the mods for asking for PII.
Not necessarily and I could verify that.
How could you verify it? If you can verify it, then verify what I sent you before.
I like watching you dance
You are an idiot.
The truth is out already but it interferes with your religion.
I agree that the truth is out there, but most people aren't aware of it. You refuse to admit that you were wrong about anything (including my identify) even when presented with evidence that you are wrong.
Except when all you've done is menial stuff and lived in mommies basement you won't have a CV. It does apply to you.
None of that is applicable to me.
I won't bet with a liar
Because you know you are wrong and would lose the bet.
😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂 Yeah, I'm SURE you would travel just to see little old me. LOL
I'm just trying to determine a scenario that you will believe what I show you. I've got a document to share that I think should solve the problem but I'm sure you will just claim it is photoshopped. You cannot photoshop a face to face visit which is why I suggest it.
You've been told but refused
I've got something for you. Standby.
No because it is photo shopped.
LOL. My PII is blurred out. That's it.
The facts were presented at trial. Jury confirmed them.
What facts? Only testimony. No physical evidence.
That statement is ridiculous. You have no proof they are lying or as I said THEY would be in jail.
There is proof but no one is willing to pursue it because of political correctness. You think all liars are in jail?
Being groped by a slut in a bar has zero relation to this case. I think you're crying for help.
It has more relation to this case than anything you have ever experienced.
I think that is a lie
You are incorrect. I thought we weren't allowed to question victims??????
Incorrect. If your story is true (and I am beginning to doubt it) you were an adult and it was a brief one time thing. It has no relation whatsoever to what happened to those boys. What is interesting is that you (inadvertently) support them because you claim you didn't report it because you thought no one would believe you yet you hypocritically criticize CHILDREN for not reporting it because THEY believed as you did.
Having Sandusky put his hand on your knee in a car is less severe than having your genitals grabbed repeatedly. But keep diminishing my assault, asshole.
It is not relevant to the case. You are just making stuff up for argumentation.
Far more relevant than anything you've experienced.
Yes you are lawless
Incorrect.
No it is immoral in that you can do anything you wish and rationalize it since your "morals" are made up to suit you. People like you are dangerous like that kid who shot up the grocery store recently.
You really don't understand how morality works. Someone can have morals that state that murder is OK. That doesn't mean they are immoral; it means they have different morals than you do.

Again, who told you what morals to have? Try thinking for yourself.
😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂 What a delusion.
Happy to prove that too if you like.
You hold a Pedophile and his enablers in highest esteem.
Nope.
I thought a court of law decided this. But you claim all narratives comes from ESPN? 😂
ESPN came up with the narrative first. The OAG just ran with it.
You cannot accept that your idols failed. Are these idols your substitution for a some personal void?
Not my idols. And no one failed except the justice system.
Well, it won't happen here because all concerned are guilty.
I disagree. He is guilty
False.
You brought it up first.
False.
Mopping floors I think.
I think you are projecting.
Why didn't you post it?
Stay tuned. I've got something even better.
No, I'm not. You offered to compare and show it so I said fine, show it.
You won't show yours, so why would I do that?
You won't do it because it is a lie and you don't have one.
False.
No, I've told you what to do. You refuse to do it saying you won't doxx yourself. Liar and coward.
I've got a document that will prove I am who I say I am. Stay tuned. But it won't doxx me (you still won't know my name). I'm very cognizant of this because you are already accusing me of horrible/false things (blackface) so there is zero chance you will ever know my real name.
😂😂😂😂 Right right, I'm going to spend money to travel to see a psychotic, pathological liar who won't be there? Man, I know you I make you mad but I ain't that stupid. LOL
You won't accept anything electronic so I'm not sure what the other alternative is. Or you could just STFU about it.

You are jerking off to a word. Read the letter and the references he makes to the NCAA Constitution and their Bylaws. Covering up for a pedophile on your athletic staff is an infraction whether that word is used of not.
Zero. Infractions. Mentioned.

Reactions: AvgUser
Neither does your saying so make it so.
Agreed. That's why I always (unlike you) post facts to back up my hypotheses.
Can't have sanctions without infractions.
Then please show me in the database where the infractions are listed. Please tell me which infractions they were found to have committed. You cannot do this because the infractions don't exist.

The question was: "What proof do you have that all the OAG is corrupt? That's one person, who did not prosecute CSS. You fail.
You are moving the goalposts. At least two people in the OAG office who were active in these cases were corrupt. Probably more.

This is absurd logic. That's like me stating that you are human being but because you haven't stated one way or another the burden is on me to prove you are a human being.
You are poor at logic
Not a gamer and never worn blackface. Can't say it any more plainly than that.
Liar
I am not and have never reported you to the mods for asking for PII.
Liar
How could you verify it? If you can verify it, then verify what I sent you before.
Can't verify photoshopped stuff.
You are an idiot.
Right back at you Super Chief! 😂
I agree that the truth is out there, but most people aren't aware of it.
Yes they are aware of it.
You refuse to admit that you were wrong about anything
Right back at you Super Chief! 😂
(including my identify)
You are anonymous
even when presented with evidence that you are wrong.
Faked
None of that is applicable to me.
All of it is
Because you know you are wrong and would lose the bet.
Because you are a liar and would never pay.
I'm just trying to determine a scenario that you will believe what I show you. I've got a document to share that I think should solve the problem but I'm sure you will just claim it is photoshopped. You cannot photoshop a face to face visit which is why I suggest it.
Yes you can. Remember Forest Gump?
I've got something for you. Standby.

LOL. My PII is blurred out. That's it.
Which is key to determining authenticity.
What facts? Only testimony. No physical evidence.
Don't need physical evidence and often cases don't have it.
There is proof but no one is willing to pursue it because of political correctness.
Ridiculous. If there was proof that all these conspiracies y0u suggest were true the media would be all over it. they are delusional so the media avoids it.
You think all liars are in jail?
Well, apparently you aren't 😂
It has more relation to this case than anything you have ever experienced.
BS
You are incorrect. I thought we weren't allowed to question victims??????
I believed you at first but then subsequent posts show you to be a liar.
Having Sandusky put his hand on your knee in a car is less severe than having your genitals grabbed repeatedly. But keep diminishing my assault, asshole.
Sandusky did far far more than put his hand on some kids knee. I think your assault is made up.
Far more relevant than anything you've experienced.
Again BS
Incorrect.
Correct
You really don't understand how morality works. Someone can have morals that state that murder is OK. That doesn't mean they are immoral; it means they have different morals than you do.
You make my point. Such a person is immoral. That is you.
Again, who told you what morals to have?
I don't make it up as I go along.
Try thinking for yourself.
Thinking and morality are two different things
Happy to prove that too if you like.
Go ahead
Yep
ESPN came up with the narrative first. The OAG just ran with it.
Proof?
Not my idols.
Yes they are and you worship them
And no one failed except the justice system.
Opinion not fact
True
True
I think you are projecting.
Just telling it like it is
Stay tuned. I've got something even better.
Oh Boy!
You won't show yours, so why would I do that?
Because you said you wanted to
True
I've got a document that will prove I am who I say I am. Stay tuned. But it won't doxx me (you still won't know my name). I'm very cognizant of this because you are already accusing me of horrible/false things (blackface) so there is zero chance you will ever know my real name.
😂😂😂😂😂😂
You won't accept anything electronic so I'm not sure what the other alternative is.
Oh I would accept what I can independently verify.
Or you could just STFU about it.
Nope

Already have.

Liar

You must know that showing a document mostly blanked out with photoshop is not proof of anything. You make the claims and remain anonymous and you are a liar.

You are both a liar and a coward. You know how to prove it but you won't so that proves my point.
I truly hope this shuts you up.

Here is my most recent SF50 form.

I assume you know what that is, but if you don't you can google it. I have obviously whited out my name, SSN and DOB, as well as some other info that you could potentially use to track down my name (you are never getting that).

Please note several things:

1) Please note that the first letter of my name has been left intact. This matches up with the other documents I shared previously.

2) Please note (box 15) that I am a scientist.

3) Please note that my salary is commensurate with being a high level scientist.

Please admit that you are wrong. Thanks for playing. Loser.

I truly hope this shuts you up.

Here is my most recent SF50 form.

I assume you know what that is, but if you don't you can google it. I have obviously whited out my name, SSN and DOB, as well as some other info that you could potentially use to track down my name (you are never getting that).
This is hilarious.
Please note several things:

1) Please note that the first letter of my name has been left intact. This matches up with the other documents I shared previously.
Actually it doesn't. Those letters were D and L. Liars need good memories! 😂
2) Please note (box 15) that I am a scientist.
You know this can be typed up on a form generator? 😂😂😂😂😂😂 You forgot I have some gubmint experience too.
3) Please note that my salary is commensurate with being a high level scientist.
Wow, you don't make that much! My dividends do better than that quarterly.
Please admit that you are wrong. Thanks for playing. Loser.
Is this it? OMG LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL. Just like Ziegler you promise bombshells and get me excited then fizzle out. Darn!

So you think the only metric of corruption is getting caught???????? LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL.
What she said is out in the open. So, her bosses and the Bar association know about it. so why no discipline? I mean corruption is against the law right? You idiot 😝

You are poor at logic
Incorrect.
Liar

Liar
Please see latest proof of who I am.
Can't verify photoshopped stuff.
You can't verify anything I provide electronically. That's why I offered to meet because that's the only thing that cannot be faked.
Yes they are aware of it.
Agreed that some are aware of it. But many (like you) refuse to accept it.
You are anonymous
So are you. Welcome to the internet. But to your point it is possible to be an anonymous scientist (or lawyer or candlemaker or whatever). Being anonymous in know way affects my truthfulness.
Faked

All of it is
See latest evidence.
Because you are a liar and would never pay.
I'm not wrong, so I wouldn't have to pay.
Yes you can. Remember Forest Gump?
You are suggesting that I could do a "deep fake" in real life? Not the movies? No wonder you are obsessed with Area 51...that is some wacky stuff there, Boots.
Which is key to determining authenticity.
Well, you are never getting my PII, so no point in going down that road.
Don't need physical evidence and often cases don't have it.
So your "facts" are the made up words of some white trash kids?
Ridiculous. If there was proof that all these conspiracies y0u suggest were true the media would be all over it. they are delusional so the media avoids it.
The media avoids it for two reasons:
1) The media never likes to admit being wrong (please show a recent example of the media saying "Wow, we got that story totally wrong. Our bad.")
2) It is not a politically correct or popular stance to take.
I believed you at first but then subsequent posts show you to be a liar.
What about my posts? I haven't lied about a thing ( about that incident or anything else about myself)
Sandusky did far far more than put his hand on some kids knee.
That was what he did to one of his victims.
I think your assault is made up.
So now you are doubting victims? Based on what?
You make my point. Such a person is immoral. That is you.
You truly don't know what morality is and cannot accept that anyone could have different morals than you.
I don't make it up as I go along.
Nor do it. But I also don't let anyone else tell me what my morals should be.
Thinking and morality are two different things
Morality should be based in carefully considered philosophical thoughts/arguments. That's thinking.
Proof that the ESPN narrative preceded the trial? C'mon, you have to do better than that.
Oh I would accept what I can independently verify.
Then tell me: without PII what can you independently verify? Happy to prove you wrong but I'm not doxxing myself.

What she said is out in the open. So, her bosses and the Bar association know about it. so why no discipline? I mean corruption is against the law right? You idiot 😝
It wasn't out in the open. It was in a private email that later became known.

This is hilarious.
How so?
Actually it doesn't. Those letters were D and L. Liars need good memories! 😂
D is the first letter of my first name and L is the last letter of my last name. Only the D is showing here. I'm not a liar so I don't have to keep track of any lies.
You know this can be typed up on a form generator? 😂😂😂😂😂😂 You forgot I have some gubmint experience too.
It probably could be it wasn't. This is also a super weird form to try to fake. And I didn't forget that you used to push papers for the federal government -- that's why I picked this form because I knew you'd know what it is.
Wow, you don't make that much!
I'm in 95th percentile of salary in the US. If you think that isn't a lot, you are clueless.
My dividends do better than that quarterly.
Liar. Prove it.
Is this it? OMG LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL. Just like Ziegler you promise bombshells and get me excited then fizzle out. Darn!
Again, tell me what you want to see that doesn't include my PII that you will accept and I will happily show it to you.

Last edited:
One more for you.

Here is my PSU transcript (PII removed). I also removed a lot of the coursework just so you don't try to Perry Mason who I am, but I left enough that you can see the PSU seal to know that this is a real transcript.

I'll call you attention to a few things:

1) The "D" and the "L" are there to confirm this is me.

2) Look at the bottom left. It confirms that my degree from PSU is in science and that I graduated with highest distinction.

You are the liar. Everything I say about myself is true.

Incorrect.
Correct and demonstrable
Please see latest proof of who I am.
Faked
You can't verify anything I provide electronically. That's why I offered to meet because that's the only thing that cannot be faked.
Like your “bets” you would never show up. Plus it’s weird you want to “meet” me. Could this be love?
Agreed that some are aware of it. But many (like you) refuse to accept it.
No, most all of us are aware of it. We just don’t believe your conspiracy theories.
So are you. Welcome to the internet. But to your point it is possible to be an anonymous scientist (or lawyer or candlemaker or whatever). Being anonymous in know way affects my truthfulness.
I don’t make any claims about myself as you do. If you make them you should be prepared to not remain anonymous if called out. Otherwise you are a liar.
See latest evidence.
Hilarious
I'm not wrong, so I wouldn't have to pay.
You are a liar so you wouldn’t pay.
You are suggesting that I could do a "deep fake" in real life? Not the movies? No wonder you are obsessed with Area 51...that is some wacky stuff there, Boots.
Not really that deep Super Chief. Pretty amateurish actually.
Well, you are never getting my PII, so no point in going down that road.
Then a liar you shall be
So your "facts" are the made up words of some white trash kids?
Not made up. I think you might be white trash.
The media avoids it for two reasons:
1) The media never likes to admit being wrong (please show a recent example of the media saying "Wow, we got that story totally wrong. Our bad.")
You’ve mentioned them before for me to look at! You are a doofus.
2) It is not a politically correct or popular stance to take.
BS speculation and not true.
What about my posts? I haven't lied about a thing ( about that incident or anything else about myself)
You made it up for argument’s sake.
That was what he did to one of his victims.
And much more to others
So now you are doubting victims? Based on what?
I’m doubting you cause you are a liar.
You truly don't know what morality is and cannot accept that anyone could have different morals than you.
You truly don’t know what morality is because you have no morals.
Nor do it. But I also don't let anyone else tell me what my morals should be.
You do
Morality should be based in carefully considered philosophical thoughts/arguments. That's thinking.
That’s rationalization
Proof that the ESPN narrative preceded the trial? C'mon, you have to do better than that.
Proof that was what they based their case on. ESPN just followed the evidence.
Then tell me: without PII what can you independently verify? Happy to prove you wrong but I'm not doxxing myself.
The price of my belief is steep.

One more for you.

Here is my PSU transcript (PII removed). I also removed a lot of the coursework just so you don't try to Perry Mason who I am, but I left enough that you can see the PSU seal to know that this is a real transcript.

I'll call you attention to a few things:

1) The "D" and the "L" are there to confirm this is me.

2) Look at the bottom left. It confirms that my degree from PSU is in science and that I graduated with highest distinction.
You are decent with photoshop
You are the liar. Everything I say about myself is true.
You are a liar and a coward

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT