ADVERTISEMENT

FB Season tickets and parking passes.

psu1969a

May 19, 2013
As of 10:30, ticket office was filling envelopes with tickets and parking passes to be send overnight via one of the 3 delivery companies.

Somehow I believe that as well as the infamous: “the check is in the mail.”

I don't have mine either! this is not an accident by any means. Just incompetence by Athletic Department, Ticket Printing Vendor and others..

As of 10:30, ticket office was filling envelopes with tickets and parking passes to be send overnight via one of the 3 delivery companies.

I don't have mine either! this is not an accident by any means. Just incompetence by Athletic Department, Ticket Printing Vendor and others..
They are demonstrating the need to hire another assistant athletic director, and an assistant to that assistant and a appropriately bloated support staff of secretaries and gofers and vehicles to handle this brand new, never before seen problem. Who knew sending out tickets and parking passes could be so difficult. This is worse than health care.

Reactions: psu1969a
I got an e-mail proactively from ticket office on Tuesday saying mine were mailed.

I got an e-mail proactively from ticket office on Tuesday saying mine were mailed.
Eh, it was worse trying to get Rose Bowl and Big Ten Champioship gear to me on time--ordered a day or two after the game in Indy--some stuff wasn't shipped until after Christmas. Not ICA or PSU bookstore either but local shops.

No contact telling me it would be late, no answering of phones, nothing. Was frustrating as some family members got stuff late and I had to send multiple packages.

Here is my story:

1. Tuesday of this week called NLC to get my login troubles resolved and asked how the tickets were being delivered and was informed they would be arriving via USPS.
2. An hour later I receive an email from the tickets folks indicating that my tickets are in the process of being shipped via UPS.
3. Wednesday receive an email from UPS indicating an expected delivery date of Thursday. It provided a tracking number and link to check the progress of the package. The verbiage beneath the expected delivery date says the package may not have been tendered to UPS yet.
4. Wednesday received an email from the ticket folks indicating my tickets were shipped (in big letters) and also provided the same tracking number.
5. Used the link yesterday and today and the package has not been delivered to UPS yet.

Appears the label printing kicked off the #3 and 4 emails.

Unbelievable how poorly this is being managed (if they are manually stuffing the packages today). Bet they foul up more than one order - hopefully not mine

Last edited:
Eh, it was worse trying to get Rose Bowl and Big Ten Champioship gear to me on time--ordered a day or two after the game in Indy--some stuff wasn't shipped until after Christmas. Not ICA or PSU bookstore either but local shops.

No contact telling me it would be late, no answering of phones, nothing. Was frustrating as some family members got stuff late and I had to send multiple packages.
I hear ya. I had trouble getting my hands on B10 champ shirt locally.

Here is my story:

1. Tuesday of this week called NLC to get my login troubles resolved and asked how the tickets were being delivered and was informed they would be arriving via USPS.
2. An hour later I receive an email from the tickets folks indicating that my tickets are in the process of being shipped via UPS.
3. Wednesday receive an email from UPS indicating an expected delivery date of Thursday. It provided a tracking number and link to check the progress of the package. The verbiage beneath the expected delivery date says the package may not have been tendered to UPS yet.
4. Wednesday received an email from the ticket folks indicating my tickets were shipped (in big letters) and also provided the same tracking number.
5. Used the link yesterday and today and the package has not been delivered to UPS yet.

Appears the label printing kicked off the #3 and 4 emails.

Unbelievable how poorly this is being managed (if they are manually stuffing the packages today). Bet they foul up more than one order - hopefully not mine

I just called them about my tickets and they said that they were mailed and I should be receiving them within the next day or 2. They said they sent me an email with this information and that I opened the email
I told them that I did receive and read the email but it said that they were in the process of sending the tickets and not that they were sent.
She then changed her story and said they would be sent within the next day or so and I would receive an email with the UPS tracking number. I said I needed the tickets as I had to get them to my brother as he is going the 1st game. She said you can always print them from your account,
When I inquired about the parking passes she said they were working on an backup plan in case all the packages don't arrive in time.

They sure screwed things up this year.

Maybe next year I will use the same process when paying for the tickets.

Reactions: BBrown

Saw the envelopes with passes in them in the ticket office. Progress!

Last edited:

Got an email yesterday saying mine would be delivered today. Today I received an email saying it would be delivered tomorrow. Someone should be fired......

We really need an Assistant Athletic Director to be in charge of ticket mailing.

Guessing they were still so busy up until a week ago depositing all the season ticket & parking pass payments that were due last winter?

Speaking of incompetence...anyone remember the debacle at the entry gates last year? Now most competent organizations would do some form of "after action" immediately after the fact and develop solutions to eliminate the problem. Not so here. So, what are the odds that our astute Athletic Department - which had a year to implement new procedures - experiences the same delays and backups at entry gates this year? They haven't been able to come up with a consistent enforcement of bag policies for three years. One week a bag is Ok, the very next week you're told that the same bag doesn't meet specifications. Go figure.

I just rechecked the email that I received from the ticket office on Tuesday, 8/22 at 4:01, and it clearly says my tickets were mailed today. I didn't get them yesterday, Thursday, nor have I received my shipping notification from UPS, FedEx or otherwise, that a shipment is in transit.

I remember when the tickets would arrive in the first or second week of August, and there were many gates to get into the stadium at your leisure. That was when Tim Curley was athletic director and there was not a bloated bureaucracy like there is now under Sandy. But everything is better now. Right?

I remember when the tickets would arrive in the first or second week of August, and there were many gates to get into the stadium at your leisure. That was when Tim Curley was athletic director and there was not a bloated bureaucracy like there is now under Sandy. But everything is better now. Right?

I don't think anyone thinks it is better. It just makes them more money and made some people feel "safer" after 9/11. Now we queue in lines of 10,000 people in 5 spots are hunched together. Tell me how that's any safer.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT