ADVERTISEMENT

Fargo, Season #3 - I'm out

Elwood Blues

Aug 7, 2002
I thought Season 1 was brilliant - particularly Billy Bob. Season 2 was pretty good - although the unexplained random alien thing was very weird. As for Season 3 ... they almost lost me with the LA trip and the sad robot (what the hell was that?) ... I hung through the Peter & the Wolf episode ... but forced drinking of piss was it for me.

The few reviews I've read were actually pretty positive so, what do I know?

Reactions: BBrown
I thought Season 1 was brilliant - particularly Billy Bob. Season 2 was pretty good - although the unexplained random alien thing was very weird. As for Season 3 ... they almost lost me with the LA trip and the sad robot (what the hell was that?) ... I hung through the Peter & the Wolf episode ... but forced drinking of piss was it for me.

Yea I'm kind of at the same place you are. I think Ewan M. has been really good but just don't like the story. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Reactions: bytir
Yea I'm kind of at the same place you are. I think Ewan M. has been really good but just don't like the story. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
agree. i'll probably finish since i'm in to it too far to quit, but don't find it nearly as compelling as the other two.

Reactions: BBrown

It's my least favorite (so far) of the Fargo series, but I still find it to be really, really good television. The cast is great and we finally had our watershed moment last episode (with you know what) and with Nikki's beating the previous episode. Different this year has been less focus on the police work, though that is picking up a good bit (and Carrie Coon is great). I will say the 'gross' factor is a bit gratuitous - I don't mind grisly deaths, but the constant focus on just how nasty and vulgar VM Varga is with his bulimia and bloody rotten teeth, and finally the forced piss drinking - well, I could definitely do with out that. But, I do like the themes this year (and loved the one off episode set in LA) of perception/reality and technology, and McGregor has been hilarious. I do have some issue with how easily his wife bought that he cheated on her (given he has a twin brother who's out to get him and all and given he seems like the nicest, most genuine guy you could meet) but it was necessary to move things forward I think.

Hope things get better and will chalk this up to Hawley having to run two fantastic shows this season (Fargo, Legion). Still, critics love it and it's at 9/10 on IMDB and 97% on Rotten Tomatoes.

If you're looking for something else to occupy your time I'd highly recommend American Gods on STARZ. It's fantastic!

The few reviews I've read were actually pretty positive so, what do I know?[/QUOTE
Agree on the first two seasons, but I only got as far as the first two episodes in the current season. Sounds like I made a good choice.

Agree. I'm a big Fargo fan, but this season seems a bit drawn out. This will probably be the last season.

Also - the alien/UFO thing in S2 is a nod to an actual reported sighting in that area at that time.

Agree. I'm a big Fargo fan, but this season seems a bit drawn out. This will probably be the last season.

FX is a great network - they will give the show runners/creators the time they need or want to tell their story. And as long as it's doing reasonably well (and winning awards) I don't see it being cancelled outright.

Varga is the best villain thus far on Fargo. He is one twisted MFer. Last week with Ray dying throws a whole new twist into things.

Also agree with Midnighter, watch American Gods. Fascinating. Gillian Anderson has already played Lucy, DAVID Bowie, & Marilyn Monroe. Crispin Glover as Mr World is going to be a hoot too.

Reactions: anon_xdc8rmuek44eq
Interesting - didn't know that. I wonder if there were sad robot sightings in LA as well.

The child robot was from the science fiction novel written by Ennis Stussy - but I think you knew that...;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Varga is the best villain thus far on Fargo. He is one twisted MFer. Last week with Ray dying throws a whole new twist into things.

Also agree with Midnighter, watch American Gods. Fascinating. Gillian Anderson has already played Lucy, DAVID Bowie, & Marilyn Monroe. Crispin Glover as Mr World is going to be a hoot too.

That show gets better and better each week.
I love the intros inspired by religions from various cultures. And McShane is awesome. Hear there is a great Mad Sweeney focused episode soon too - can't wait!

Thanks for he American Gods suggestion - read the wiki page...wacky premise. McShane is good in everything.

Peaky Blinders is a solid show I stumbled across on Netflix. It's a BBC series about post WWI gangsters in gritty Birmingham. Highly recommend it.

Reactions: anon_xdc8rmuek44eq
Thanks for he American Gods suggestion - read the wiki page...wacky premise. McShane is good in everything.

Peaky Blinders is a solid show I stumbled across on Netflix. It's a BBC series about post WWI gangsters in gritty Birmingham. Highly recommend it.

Oh, PB is fantastic! Hardy and Murphy are fookin' brilliant mate!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT