ADVERTISEMENT

Fans can now pay recruits directly, apparently.

Fans have always been paying recruits.
It is now just approved by the NCAA
Shhhhhh...the naïve fans want to think it never happened here lol You are 100% right. The hundred dollar handshakes and no shows jobs have been going on for decades even in state college.

After the 1997 season, Curtis Enis was suspended because he accepted a suit to wear to an awards banquet. Now you have fans outright paying kids to play college football. It's amazing how far the pendulum has swung in a little over 25 years.

I still think that what's happening now is unsustainable and eventually will lead to the collapse of big time college football as we now know it. However, until that happens, I hope that PSU supporters engage in this madness as much as or more than fans of any other schools.

After the 1997 season, Curtis Enis was suspended because he accepted a suit to wear to an awards banquet. Now you have fans outright paying kids to play college football. It's amazing how far the pendulum has swung in a little over 25 years.

I still think that what's happening now is unsustainable and eventually will lead to the collapse of big time college football as we now know it. However, until that happens, I hope that PSU supporters engage in this madness as much as or more than fans of any other schools.
If you think Enis was just getting a suit I have a bridge to sell you. The suit was public because they were stupid and went out shopping with an agent in Harrisburg.

Reactions: LandoComando

The money won't die. Those spending it will always do so. Maybe in a few generations but not by the time I'm dead

If you think Enis was just getting a suit I have a bridge to sell you. The suit was public because they were stupid and went out shopping with an agent in Harrisburg.
But we did things the right way...no player ever accepted gifts or money

Shhhhhh...the naïve fans want to think it never happened here lol You are 100% right. The hundred dollar handshakes and no shows jobs have been going on for decades even in state college.
It's like a friend told me when I was younger and couldn't understand why he paid for hookers. I told him I'd never pay for sex! He said, what do you do on your dates? I explained that with my current girlfriend, who was in NYC at the time, we went for drinks and dinner a couple of times and a comedy show. He said, you just paid 3x times what I paid to get laid with strings attached. He explained he paid less and was guaranteed to get laid, I wasn't!! Yes, we all pay for it somehow ........

• Haha
Reactions: lazydave841
It's like a friend told me when I was younger and couldn't understand why he paid for hookers. I told him I'd never pay for sex! He said, what do you do on your dates? I explained that with my current girlfriend, who was in NYC at the time, we went for drinks and dinner a couple of times and a comedy show. He said, you just paid 3x times what I paid to get laid with strings attached. He explained he paid less and was guaranteed to get laid, I wasn't!! Yes, we all pay for it somehow ........
Ahhhhhhh, you stole that from "Risky Business".....😄

My interest in college football is at its lowest point ever, excluding the first year of the Sandusky beat down.

An education isn't enough? Screw 'em. Let the NFK raise a minor league and leave college football to amateurs.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT