ADVERTISEMENT

F#ck Those Refs. F#ck This Conference. WE WON ANYWAY!

Being a PSU football fan and Indiana basketball fan since 70's Bob Knight didnt take the Big 10 refs shit but not sure it did much good. Making them mad when they have the power only does so much. In todays world taking the high road with a few light jabs may be better
It did plenty good. Every count Coach Knight’s National Championships? And still last undefeated team. No more Mr. Nice guy! What has that netted us? Last nights ongoing debacle!

I used to want us to leave the B1G. But after Maryland and Rutgers joined, and we started playing Pitt again, I don't see the purpose. Basically that is 1/4-1/3 of our schedule from the 1960s-80s, but we now play Michigan and Ohio State as well. It seems like we have retained part of the old Eastern schedule but created a superior schedule overall. That seems to me like it is about right.

Reactions: TheGLOV
I used to want us to leave the B1G. But after Maryland and Rutgers joined, and we started playing Pitt again, I don't see the purpose. Basically that is 1/4-1/3 of our schedule from the 1960s-80s, but we now play Michigan and Ohio State as well. It seems like we have retained part of the old Eastern schedule but created a superior schedule overall. That seems to me like it is about right.
Are you serious? We used to play Alabama, Notre Dame, Nebraska (at its peak) every year. The schedule has gotten worse! And I think we all see the officiating!!

Reactions: TheGLOV and KCLion
Are you serious? We used to play Alabama, Notre Dame, Nebraska (at its peak) every year. The schedule has gotten worse! And I think we all see the officiating!!

The schedule has not gotten worse and we never played those teams every year.

Here is our schedule from 1992:

Cincinnati
Temple
Eastern Mich.
Maryland
Rutgers
Miami
BC
WVU
BYU
Notre Dame
Pitt
Stanford

We've swapped Miami, ND, Stanford for OSU, Michigan, MSU, and more.

The schedule is equal or better. And we've reduced the number of tomato cans, IMO.

The schedule has not gotten worse and we never played those teams every year.
Check the schedules skippy. And we also played some other very good teams...most of which were better than everyone but OSU in this suck-a$$ conference. Heck we used to play Iowa regularly, West Virginia, Miami, Pitt at its peak. The schedule has gotten much, much worse. And the officiating makes the schedule look like the Magna Carta.

Check the schedules skippy. And we also played some other very good teams...most of which were better than everyone but OSU in this suck-a$$ conference. Heck we used to play Iowa regularly, West Virginia, Miami, Pitt at its peak. The schedule has gotten much, much worse. And the officiating makes the schedule look like the Magna Carta.

I just posted our schedule from the year before B1G play, and there is no Alabama or Nebraska. Hence we demonstrably did not play them "every year." Skippy.

Edit: In fact, I can only find three years ever where we had all three of AL, NE, and ND on the same schedule.

Reactions: TheGLOV
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT