ADVERTISEMENT

F#ck Those Refs. F#ck This Conference. WE WON ANYWAY!

Odd, but according to the NCAA Rulebook, a call on the field can only be overturned with "irrefutable video evidence". But somehow they're saying the overturned a call without definitive video evidence and purely on a subjective "judgement". How typical of this POS bushleague conference.

Bad call but we won. We're 6-0 and other top 10 teams are slowly starting to fall. The longer we can stay under the radar the better. If we win next week the CFP talk will really heat up.

Reactions: Connorpozlee
So many crazy calls - how about the ridiculous 1st Down they gave Iowa on their last drive on 3rd-&-1 QB Sneak where Stanley fumbled ball backwards!!! An Iowa OL recovered ball on ground which had squirted out and rolled backwards between Stanley's legs who had dove forward into pile (i.e., ball was instantaneously down as OL was on ground). The ball where it was recovered was 2 yards short of 1st Down Mark and should have been 4th-&-2, but the cheaters gave Iowa a complete phantom mark and 1st Down and didn't review the play despite it being beyond obviously a bad spot - insanely bad spot.

Odd, but according to the NCAA Rulebook, a call on the field can only be overturned with "irrefutable video evidence". But somehow they're saying the overturned a call without definitive video evidence and purely on a subjective "judgement". How typical of this POS bushleague conference.
Friggin’ mouth breathing shizholians,the B1G officials, I tell ya! :mad:

Reactions: NovaPSULuvr
It's a joke. My wife, who missed the play, said after 25 years of watching this why does it make you so angry.

"Because you root for kids who fight their tails off get railroaded by a corrupt system. Whether it is their disdain that we came in and made it a 3 team league or the Sandusky crap, you give those boys on that field a level chance at winning."

If my other kids weren't in the room the R version would have come out of my mouth.

Call the game right. We can live with not being the better team on a given day. But Friermuths overturn, Reid's PI call deep in their territory, the non review of the 3rd down late fumble and the next play, clear as day shoulder push off for a TD, 4 blatant calls that should/could have cost us the game.

Franklin will bite his tongue, but if he's here another 10 years he will eventually have his Joe moment(running into the tunnel after those officials ironically against Iowa in 2002).

So many crazy calls - how about the ridiculous 1st Down they gave Iowa on their last drive on 3rd-&-1 QB Sneak where Stanley gumbled ball backwards!!! An Iowa OL recovered ball on ground which had squirted out and rolled backwards between Stanley's legs who had dove forward into pile (i.e., ball was instantaneously down as OL was on ground). The ball where it was recovered was 2 yards short of 1st Down Mark and should have been 4th-&-2, but the cheaters gave Iowa a complete phantom mark and 1st Down and didn't review the play despite it being beyond obviously a bad spot - insanely bad spot.
Yup - everyone ignored it. Completely criminal - easy to screw us because we didn’t have a challenge left

Franklin post game: "one of the interesting things,..... we are one of the least penalized teams, come in here and..... 80 yards of penalties and they have 5.......

I'm sure he didn't want reprimanded by the B10 Bozo's but he he would have liked to spell it out just like we have here.............

"I'd love to have a lengthy conversation about this" (the over-rule of the Freiermuth TD).... "and our fans would like that"......

Last edited:
Franklin post game: "one of the interesting things,..... we are one of the least penalized team, come in here and..... 80 yards of penalties and they have 5.......

I'm sure he didn't want reprimanded by the B10 Bozo's but he he would have liked to spell it out just like we have here.............

"I'd love to have a lengthy conversation about this" (the over-rule of the Freiermuth TD).... "and our fans would like that"......

Watching BTN of his post game presser, and the B1G (BTN) bleeped out what CJF said after that.

Corrupt conference to the end. I'm hoping to post video of it later. Also hoping that GoPSUSports has the full unedited version of the presser, but not holding my breath on that.

It's a joke. My wife, who missed the play, said after 25 years of watching this why does it make you so angry.

"Because you root for kids who fight their tails off get railroaded by a corrupt system. Whether it is their disdain that we came in and made it a 3 team league or the Sandusky crap, you give those boys on that field a level chance at winning."

If my other kids weren't in the room the R version would have come out of my mouth.

Call the game right. We can live with not being the better team on a given day. But Friermuths overturn, Reid's PI call deep in their territory, the non review of the 3rd down late fumble and the next play, clear as day shoulder push off for a TD, 4 blatant calls that should/could have cost us the game.

Franklin will bite his tongue, but if he's here another 10 years he will eventually have his Joe moment(running into the tunnel after those officials ironically against Iowa in 2002).

This horseshit is going on long before Sandusky. Been this way back to when we joined this conference.

Being a PSU football fan and Indiana basketball fan since 70's Bob Knight didnt take the Big 10 refs shit but not sure it did much good. Making them mad when they have the power only does so much. In todays world taking the high road with a few light jabs may be better

72469788_10219199105195955_1684291336594784256_n.jpg

Reactions: Judge Smails
If you travel around the rest of the conference, most of the lower level teams think that the traditional powers UM, PSU, osu, and even to a degree Wisconsin get all of the calls as an attempt to keep as many marque teams ranked high and showcase their big games nationally. There's always griping on every board after bad calls. That said, that was a bad call that reversed the TD. It was close but shouldn't have been overturned and most of the other B1G boards agree with PSU getting robbed. PSU should have been able to punch it in though. On the other side, I thought PSU got a break on an obvious targeting call that wasn't called. Win some, lose some.

Exactly right. It is such an injustice to what should be fair play and a reasonably level playing field. They don’t even pretend that this will be the case. Seriously makes you consider if you want to invest the time and $ going forward.

Reactions: odshowtime
If you travel around the rest of the conference, most of the lower level teams think that the traditional powers UM, PSU, osu, and even to a degree Wisconsin get all of the calls as an attempt to keep as many marque teams ranked high and showcase their big games nationally. There's always griping on every board after bad calls. That said, that was a bad call that reversed the TD. It was close but shouldn't have been overturned and most of the other B1G boards agree with PSU getting robbed. PSU should have been able to punch it in though. On the other side, I thought PSU got a break on an obvious targeting call that wasn't called. Win some, lose some.
What a joke. That targeting call had zero bearing on the result of the game. There was a game full of calls that did and prevented a comfortable PSU win. Next time, against a better team, PSU will not be so fortunate.

Reactions: Chickenman Testa
What a joke. That targeting call had zero bearing on the result of the game. There was a game full of calls that did and prevented a comfortable PSU win. Next time, against a better team, PSU will not be so fortunate.
Exactly - the targeting call doesn't even shit out.

I’m still pissed about the sneak fumble that was called a first down. They went backwards on the play

With this league - win the inconsequential, immaterial; lose the crucial and consequential. That’s the essence of the problem.

Horrible call.

It does not even things out, or even come close, but they handed us a first down in the 1st half that I thought was extremely questionable.

Cain got stopped at the LOS, and had a little bit of forward progress after that but it was not at all clear how far he got. Then he got pushed back. They gave us a 1st down no questions asked. No measurement.

I think that crew is just awful.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT