ADVERTISEMENT

F$ck O'Neill and his crew!

Don't really like to go at officials, but that SOB's crew kept them in the game! Don't get me wrong, give Iowa credit. But holy $hit!
Isn't this the crew that told McGloin that we were "lucky to be playing"?

They were horrible tonight.

Why was there no review of the McSorley "fumble" (his arm was pretty clearly going forward)?

There was one PI against Campbell that was total BS.

They missed multiple holds against Iowa and called a couple of marginal holds against PSU WR (call it both ways!!!)

I'm still not sure there was enough video evidence to overturn the Haley INT.

On our side, they missed Barkley's knee hitting ground on long run. Big play.

Reactions: demlion
Don't really like to go at officials, but that SOB's crew kept them in the game! Don't get me wrong, give Iowa credit. But holy $hit!

Don't forget, 'ole John O'Neil is the guy who told McGloin to shut up when he was complaining about a clear penalty that wasn't called, telling McGloin, "You're lucky to even be playing football". This is the type of "b1g unbiased" @sshole they send to ref our games. BTW, O'Neil was also the Referee in the 2014 PSU - duhO$U game, where the cheating b1g officials robbed PSU of that game!

Iowa is probably saying the same thing about the refs... there were a number of questionable spots that went in our favor, and a couple of non calls. I remember thinking we didn't get that generosity from the refs in recent years.

Don't forget, 'ole John O'Neil is the guy who told McGloin to shut up when he was complaining about a clear penalty that wasn't called, telling McGloin, "You're lucky to even be playing football". This is the type of "b1g unbiased" @sshole they send to ref our games. BTW, O'Neil was also the Referee in the 2014 PSU - duhO$U game, where the cheating b1g officials robbed PSU of that game!
Stop.

Reactions: Safety Blitz
OMG stop the crew blew balls fact
THEY blew balls on both sides fact
THEY flat out sucked fact
Penn State finished 1 drive and that is why they almost lost.

Reactions: Safety Blitz
I was surprised that they didn't review the McSorley fumble, but I think there wouldn't have been enough to overturn it. The angle from low and behind on the Haley pick showed the point of the ball hitting the ground before he got his hands totally underneath it, so that was the right call. The Campbell PI may have been an arm-bar that we didn't see enough of on the one replay they gave us. Irv's penalty on Trace's 20-yard run was just dumb and Mahon's cut block from the side was just dumb too. I thought that Iowa did get away with a few holds, including two on the big run that Wadley had in the 3rd quarter. I'm pretty hard on these idiots in the Big Ten but I had zero feeling that officiating had much bearing in this one.

I was surprised that they didn't review the McSorley fumble, but I think there wouldn't have been enough to overturn it. The angle from low and behind on the Haley pick showed the point of the ball hitting the ground before he got his hands totally underneath it, so that was the right call. The Campbell PI may have been an arm-bar that we didn't see enough of on the one replay they gave us. Irv's penalty on Trace's 20-yard run was just dumb and Mahon's cut block from the side was just dumb too. I thought that Iowa did get away with a few holds, including two on the big run that Wadley had in the 3rd quarter. I'm pretty hard on these idiots in the Big Ten but I had zero feeling that officiating had much bearing in this one.
Yes, because fumbles always go 8 yards forward.

I was sure that Haley's INT was good but the last angle they showed proved me wrong. McSorley's fumble looked like his arm went forward but replay said no (but they should have reviewed it). PSU/Barkley got a favorable spot on a 1st half first down. Was Barkley's knee down on that one breakaway run?

The one call that I thought was definitely bad was on a PI but later on Campbell grabbed the WRs jersey and it wasn't called.

Reactions: ILLINOISLION

Abso-freaking-lutely.

There was a string of significant and incorrect (one was even reviewed and OVERTURNED to incorrect!) calls there in the middle of the game that almost effected the outcome of the game. It was disgusting.

Yes, because fumbles always go 8 yards forward.

I really should put you on ignore because I get dumber every time I read one of your replies. Trace didn't have a firm grasp on the ball because he got hit before he started his arm coming forward. So because of losing the grip, his arm then coming forward propelled it. If you want to see another fumble going that far, take a look at Aaron Rodgers in 2013 vs. the Bears. Actually, let me help you....watch the video.

I really should put you on ignore because I get dumber every time I read one of your replies. Trace didn't have a firm grasp on the ball because he got hit before he started his arm coming forward. So because of losing the grip, his arm then coming forward propelled it. If you want to see another fumble going that far, take a look at Aaron Rodgers in 2013 vs. the Bears. Actually, let me help you....watch the video.

Please put me on ignore because my life will be so much better knowing that a moron like you is not paying attention to me.

You are correct. it was a fumble, albeit painful.

Everyone also ignores that we got some borderline questionable spots that resulted in first downs.

I would normally say the same thing, it just seems in college football that anytime it is close, the offense gets the benefit of the spot....

Reactions: WyomingLion
You are correct. it was a fumble, albeit painful.

I really don't think it was a fumble. His arm went forward, and it did not appear that the ball was moving when his arm started going forward. Not sure if there was enough to overturn, but considering all of the time that is spent on nonconsequental plays, the play should have been reviewed.

Please put me on ignore because my life will be so much better knowing that a moron like you is not paying attention to me.

I see you didn't have a rebuttal to what I said and resulted to name calling instead. Pretty much what I expected.

Iowa not getting called for one hold the entire night was the biggest crock of sh**.
How they missed the hold on Bowen at the point of attack is beyond me. My 19 yo was barely watching the game and during the replay said "Isn't that holding?" It was much worse then two ticky-tack ones against PSU. But give Iowa credit ... they are a difficult team to play at night in Kinnick.

Reactions: nits74 and Grass
Two turnovers inexplicably called the wrong way. That's all the evidence. Sandy needs to send Jim a tape of the crews "highlights " tonight

Reactions: Big Blue12
His knee did not hit the ground....keep saying it happened but that doesn't make it true.

Not going to keep saying it,but it sure looked that way on tv. Only one quick replay was shown. Bunch of rubber fill came up near his knee. Could be wrong.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT