ADVERTISEMENT

Expectations for Pry and the Defense

I would like to see more interceptions from the secondary. Allen has none in 3 years! Apke has 1, Haley 3, and Campbell 2. That gives our starting secondary a total of 6 interceptions in their entire careers so far.

Coach Franklin is vastly upgrading the defensive backs, so improvement is imminent, but 6 interceptions from 4 players is a good reason for poor defensive stats.

I'd like to see more INTs from the safeties. Corners not quite as much .... when a corner is doing a great job they get fewer INT opportunities. I don't want the corners to gamble for INTs. I'd rather have them be 90% certain they can defend a pass than 60% certain they can intercept it.

I would like to see more interceptions from the secondary. Allen has none in 3 years! Apke has 1, Haley 3, and Campbell 2. That gives our starting secondary a total of 6 interceptions in their entire careers so far.

Coach Franklin is vastly upgrading the defensive backs, so improvement is imminent, but 6 interceptions from 4 players is a good reason for poor defensive stats.

BINGO!

Our safeties MUST DO MUCH MUCH BETTER in recognizing pass routes and owning the deep middle of the field. They have the same right to the ball as a receiver and actually have a better view of the play than the receiver as it develops in front of them. Way way way too often they've simply retreated and been content to make a tackle after an uncontested reception.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT