ADVERTISEMENT

Example "A" - Iranian fighter pilots on how NOT to exit your plane. And the world wants to put faith in electronics huh?

Two Iranian fighter jet pilots are killed before take-off.​

Causes me to recall an incident @ a base where I was stationed back in the 80s. A maintenance Airman was working on a fighter jet and failed to properly "safe" the ejection seat. It activated while he was leaning over the cockpit, blew him into the air and fell back down on the tarmac, killing him. Sad day on our base.

Reactions: TheGLOV
Cant believe they still have F-5's that can fly weren't they first built in the 50's?

Cant believe they still have F-5's that can fly weren't they first built in the 50's?

Quite a few countries have F-5s still in service. The Iranians have even built their own variants.

This really needs video. I know we have rules about flags in other contexts - can we implement one here?

Reactions: Fac
video was just released:

giphy.gif

Causes me to recall an incident @ a base where I was stationed back in the 80s. A maintenance Airman was working on a fighter jet and failed to properly "safe" the ejection seat. It activated while he was leaning over the cockpit, blew him into the air and fell back down on the tarmac, killing him. Sad day on our base.

There was a similar incident at the naval air station I was stationed at in the 90’s. One airman was killed and the second was seriously injured.

Quite a few countries have F-5s still in service. The Iranians have even built their own variants.
The USN still utilizes F-5s. In fact, they recently got an ejection seat upgrade but don’t think it was related to the issue the Iranians experienced.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT