Amy Coney Barrett was in a religious cult

NJPSU

May 29, 2001
Kudos to Marbles for finding this but it deserves its own thread.

www.theguardian.com

Legal claims shed light on founder of faith group tied to Amy Coney Barrett

Examination of People of Praise comes as supreme court seems poised to reverse Roe v Wade
www.theguardian.com
www.theguardian.com
New Details On Amy Coney Barrett's Deranged Cult That Sound Like They're Taken From A Horror Movie
deltopia

GettyImages-1232480745.jpg

Some of this has been known for awhile but I hadn’t seen all of these horrifying detailsuntil now. It’s truly disturbing but actually not that surprising when you look at the things this Supreme Court are doing, the Epstein associate who put her on the court, The horror show that is conservative Christianity in general, and the truly creepy kinds of people that support them. Frankly, this all sounds far worse than something you’d hear from an Iranian cleric’s background.

Barrett, 50, lived with Dorothy and Kevin Ranaghan in their nine-bedroom South Bend, Indiana… later married her husband, Jesse Barrett, who also appears to have lived in the Ranaghan household

Humphrey also wrote in her statement: “When I was part of the People of Praise I was in full life submission to Kevin Ranaghan... For example, we were ‘in common’ financially, which meant that I had to hand over my paycheck to Kevin Ranaghan and he would decide on how that paycheck would be used. Kevin Ranaghan controlled my dating relationships, deciding who and when I should date.”
Cynthia Carnick stated in the documents that she had witnessed Dorothy Ranaghan tie the arms and legs of two of the Ranaghans’ daughters – who were three and five at the time the incidents were allegedly witnessed – to their crib with a necktie. She also said that the Ranaghans allegedly practiced “sexual displays” in front of their children and other adults, such as Dorothy Ranaghan lying with her clothes on and “rocking” on top of Kevin Ranaghan in their TV room.

Kevin Ranaghan sometimes showered with two of his daughters, who were 10 or 11 at the time.

the group had hired a law firm to conduct an “independent” investigation into decades-old claims of sexual abuse against minors by some members of the Christian faith group… its findings would not be released to alleged victims or to the public… at least some of the individuals who had been interviewed about the allegations “didn’t recall the details” and that it had been “difficult” to get information.
Barrett served as a “handmaid”, a female adviser to other female members.

During Barrett’s confirmation Ranaghan was asked to comment on her and this very very creepy reply was what the press got:

Let’s just say it was one of the better experiences of our life… But I don’t feel comfortable talking right now.
Uh.

Yuck.

And. WTF?!?!

And. This is terrifying.

There’s no way this
thing should be serving on the Supreme Court. What the hell is going on in this country

NJPSU

May 29, 2001
This mental disorder should immediately disqualify her from the court.

m.knox

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2003
I love that she was confirmed to the Supreme Court of the United States of America just to watch NJ and Mumbles get triggered............

Reactions: JR4PSU and Hotshoe

bdgan

May 29, 2008

www.theguardian.com

Examination of People of Praise comes as supreme court seems poised to reverse Roe v Wade
www.theguardian.com
www.theguardian.com
New Details On Amy Coney Barrett's Deranged Cult That Sound Like They're Taken From A Horror Movie
deltopia

Some of this has been known for awhile but I hadn’t seen all of these horrifying detailsuntil now. It’s truly disturbing but actually not that surprising when you look at the things this Supreme Court are doing, the Epstein associate who put her on the court, The horror show that is conservative Christianity in general, and the truly creepy kinds of people that support them. Frankly, this all sounds far worse than something you’d hear from an Iranian cleric’s background.

Barrett, 50, lived with Dorothy and Kevin Ranaghan in their nine-bedroom South Bend, Indiana… later married her husband, Jesse Barrett, who also appears to have lived in the Ranaghan household

Humphrey also wrote in her statement: “When I was part of the People of Praise I was in full life submission to Kevin Ranaghan... For example, we were ‘in common’ financially, which meant that I had to hand over my paycheck to Kevin Ranaghan and he would decide on how that paycheck would be used. Kevin Ranaghan controlled my dating relationships, deciding who and when I should date.”
Cynthia Carnick stated in the documents that she had witnessed Dorothy Ranaghan tie the arms and legs of two of the Ranaghans’ daughters – who were three and five at the time the incidents were allegedly witnessed – to their crib with a necktie. She also said that the Ranaghans allegedly practiced “sexual displays” in front of their children and other adults, such as Dorothy Ranaghan lying with her clothes on and “rocking” on top of Kevin Ranaghan in their TV room.

Kevin Ranaghan sometimes showered with two of his daughters, who were 10 or 11 at the time.

the group had hired a law firm to conduct an “independent” investigation into decades-old claims of sexual abuse against minors by some members of the Christian faith group… its findings would not be released to alleged victims or to the public… at least some of the individuals who had been interviewed about the allegations “didn’t recall the details” and that it had been “difficult” to get information.

During Barrett’s confirmation Ranaghan was asked to comment on her and this very very creepy reply was what the press got:

Uh.

Yuck.

And. WTF?!?!

And. This is terrifying.

There’s no way this
thing should be serving on the Supreme Court. What the hell is going on in this country
Proof that you'll reach for anything.

BTW, BOOM, the DOW was up 30 today.

Reactions: Hotshoe and m.knox

NJPSU

May 29, 2001
Proof that you'll reach for anything.

BTW, BOOM, the DOW was up 30 today.
So what do you think about her being in this religious cult and what does it say about her mental state and her judgement?

bdgan

May 29, 2008
So what do you think about her being in this religious cult and what does it say about her mental state and her judgement?
You say she was in a religious cult. Actually you act as though anybody of faith is part of a cult.

Fact is you don't have any idea what she did or what she knew about what others did. The author capitalizes on the title "handmaid" without even knowing what it means. He assumes that it means women are subservient to men which is false. It means she was a servant of the lord. These days the title has been changed to "women leaders" but perhaps you have a problem with calling her a woman.

Barrett then attended the Notre Dame Law School on a full-tuition scholarship. She was an executive editor of the Notre Dame Law Review and graduated in 1997 ranked first in her class with a Juris Doctor summa cum laude. Unlike Biden she didn't lie about her education. She's been practicing law with distinction for 25 years so no, I have no reason to question her judgement based on this hit piece.

NJPSU

May 29, 2001
Heard that Coney Barrett aced the "define the word woman" question, though.
This is her definition of a woman.

Someone who lives….”in full life submission to Kevin Ranaghan... For example, we were ‘in common’ financially, which meant that I had to hand over my paycheck to Kevin Ranaghan and he would decide on how that paycheck would be used. Kevin Ranaghan controlled my dating relationships, deciding who and when I should date.”

LionDeNittany

May 29, 2001
DFW, TX

Someone who lives….”in full life submission to Kevin Ranaghan... For example, we were ‘in common’ financially, which meant that I had to hand over my paycheck to Kevin Ranaghan and he would decide on how that paycheck would be used. Kevin Ranaghan controlled my dating relationships, deciding who and when I should date.”

Dude you need to stop with the gay fantasies.

LdN

Reactions: psuted and Hotshoe

SheldonJoe2215

Oct 3, 2015
Portland, OR

Why do you hate women? I guess the Oedipus complex is strong in you.

Reactions: Hotshoe

Hotshoe

Gold Member
Feb 15, 2012
This mental disorder should immediately disqualify her from the court.
What a moron you are. You actually think that could happen. Go crawl back under your rock.

bdgan

May 29, 2008
NJ trusts the judgement of this type of "woman".

PaoliLion

Nov 2, 2003

www.theguardian.com

www.theguardian.com
www.theguardian.com
deltopia

Uh.

Yuck.

And. WTF?!?!

And. This is terrifying.

There’s no way this

Most people think Christianity is about getting up on Christmas and opening presents. The Christian core are the equivalent of the American Taliban and it was well known that ACB was a member. This is exactly why she was put on the Supreme Court.

Hotshoe

Gold Member
Feb 15, 2012
Most people think Christianity is about getting up on Christmas and opening presents. The Christian core are the equivalent of the American Taliban and it was well known that ACB was a member. This is exactly why she was put on the Supreme Court.
This is the dumbest thing ever posted on this board. Idiots like you are why Dems will get their asses handed to them in November. CEO. sure you are. If your hate ever found its way to your company, you'd be gone in an hour. No CEO would ever say the nonsense you do.

psuted

Gold Member
Nov 26, 2010

www.theguardian.com

www.theguardian.com
www.theguardian.com
deltopia

Uh.

Yuck.

And. WTF?!?!

And. This is terrifying.

There’s no way this

Any Barrett rules! She is much smarter, much more accomplished, much more qualified than Sonia Sotomayor and Elena Kagan. And radical liberals like you NJ who can’t define the difference between and man and a women just can’t deal with it.

PaoliLion

Nov 2, 2003
This is the dumbest thing ever posted on this board. Idiots like you are why Dems will get their asses handed to them in November. CEO. sure you are. If your hate ever found its way to your company, you'd be gone in an hour. No CEO would ever say the nonsense you do.

You think comparing one set of religious zealots to another is “hate” - you’re beyond stupid.

• Haha
Reactions: psuted and NJPSU

Lion8286

Sep 1, 2008

He's not a CEO. It's laughable to even imagine that. He's a buffoon.

bdgan

May 29, 2008
Catholics are like the Taliban? WTF is wrong with you people?

psuted

Gold Member
Nov 26, 2010

🤡🤡🤡🎪🎪🎪

PaoliLion

Nov 2, 2003

www.theguardian.com

www.theguardian.com
www.theguardian.com
deltopia

Uh.

Yuck.

And. WTF?!?!

And. This is terrifying.

There’s no way this

jjw165

Jan 18, 2005
🤪 You’re confused 🫤. This administration does ‘business’ with the Tallybon. It gave away military equipment and weapons to them, but the 2nd amendment isn’t absolute for Americans.
Reports further quantified 208 aircraft and helicopters; 75,000 war vehicles – including 22 Humvees, 50,000 tactical vehicles and nearly 1,000 mine resistant vehicles; and 600,000 weapons – including 350,000 M4 and M16 rifles, 60,000 machine guns, and 25,000 grenade launchers.

Reactions: Hotshoe and psuted

PaoliLion

Nov 2, 2003
🤪 You’re confused 🫤. This administration does ‘business’ with the Tallybon. It gave away military equipment and weapons to them, but the 2nd amendment isn’t absolute for Americans.
Reports further quantified 208 aircraft and helicopters; 75,000 war vehicles – including 22 Humvees, 50,000 tactical vehicles and nearly 1,000 mine resistant vehicles; and 600,000 weapons – including 350,000 M4 and M16 rifles, 60,000 machine guns, and 25,000 grenade launchers.

The American Taliban are equally well armed.

• Haha
Reactions: psuted

Petch

Mar 28, 2012

www.theguardian.com

www.theguardian.com
www.theguardian.com
deltopia

Uh.

Yuck.

And. WTF?!?!

And. This is terrifying.

There’s no way this
Are you disappointed that she’s not a Satan worshipper, like half of the Democrats in Washington?

Reactions: JR4PSU and psuted

Latest posts