ADVERTISEMENT

EveryDayShouldBeSaturday reviews the Big Ten East

Yeah, poor Rutgres..... :rolleyes:

I can say this because wifey and many good friends who are Rutgres grads and fans do not read this board. I am very proud of my decades-long, overall diplomacy when finding myself in a discussion with them about Rutgres athletics. The phrase 'a terrific school' creeps into my side of the conversation nearly every time. It's my eternal 'get out of Rutgres free' card.

The comments....I laughed. I cried...

The highways are jammed with broken Rutgers on a last minute stalled-out drive.
They’re down 78 to Michigan and there’s no place left to hide

These guys are the funniest college football dudes in broadcasting. That ESPNU hasn't yet given Spencer Hall a show is a crime against humanity.

Spencer.png

That was like a less professional Jones-Flounders podcast with a few f-bombs dropped in. I kept waiting for it to become listenable.
Agreed. Still waiting for it to be funny. And they predict PSU "is going to lose to Pitt of course, because you always lose to Pitt."

Two in a row (over16 years) = always.

No chance against OSU because last year's win was "slightly dumb".

Agreed. Still waiting for it to be funny. And they predict PSU "is going to lose to Pitt of course, because you always lose to Pitt."

Yea, not impressed with them or the podcast.
I'm not really a fan of hipster douche bags but thats just me.

Reactions: pandaczar12
Yea, not impressed with them or the podcast.
I'm not really a fan of hipster douche bags but thats just me.

They take shots at every team. You must miss the national college football insights of people like Beano Cook.

297.png

PSU is 7-3 in their last 10 meetings (soon to be 8-2) against ASWP, 16-8-1 over the last 25 meetings and 32-16-2 over the last 50 meetings, but that's "always losing" to ASWP according to the bushleague b1g Suckeye writers - go figure???

Reactions: Fox Chapel Lion II
They take shots at every team. You must miss the national college football insights of people like Beano Cook.

297.png

At least Beano knew what he was talking about...well until he got to Notre Dame and over rated them but then everyone else does as well.
Sorry if I offended you.
giphy.gif

297.png

Why would PSU fans miss the biased, bull$hit, homer ramblings of an ASWP, anti-PSU turd like Beano Cook??? Must be more of this awesome "Eastern Football Knowledge" that you homer b1g Suckeye writers and fans possess.... LOL! :rolleyes::confused:o_O

PSU leads the entire series 50–43–4 despite playing over 70 of the games in Pittsburgh. PSU has absolutly dominated since 1950, and has won 7 of the last 9 meetings... soon to be 8/10. Not sure how that is "always".

As for the OSU game, the score was close enough that a blocked FG gave PSU the lead. Given that PSU was strong at the end of games all season, and was dominating OSU at the end of the game, there is no reason to believe that they wouldn't have still won the game. Now if we want to talk "slightly dumb", how about that 2014 game where OSU needed to be spotted 10 points to get the game to OT?

Why would PSU fans miss the biased, bull$hit, homer ramblings of an ASWP, anti-PSU turd like Beano Cook??? Must be more of this awesome "Eastern Football Knowledge" that you homer b1g Suckeye writers and fans possess.... LOL! :rolleyes::confused:o_O

The point was Beano was an out of it old man.

Spencer Hall has been a guest on Van Pelt's show; so someone thinks Hall knows what he is talking about.

dm_160901_SVP_Spencer_Hall.jpg

At least Beano knew what he was talking about...well until he got to Notre Dame and over rated them but then everyone else does as well.
Sorry if I offended you.
giphy.gif

You didn't offend but it is kind of funny that your gif is from a hipster Netflix show.

Yea but its not a very flattering one for hipsters.
Irony or satire... its a little of both.

It is a pretty good show. Not quite up to the 30 Rock standard but better than old timers quoting 25 year old Seinfeld lines.

The point was Beano was an out of it old man.

Spencer Hall has been a guest on Van Pelt's show; so someone thinks Hall knows what he is talking about.

dm_160901_SVP_Spencer_Hall.jpg

Yes, I put ESPN on the gold standard list of giving air time to people that know what they are talking about.
#markmay #mushmouf #eyetest #jemelehill #eventuallygoingtobreakhashtagkey

Yes, I put ESPN on the gold standard list of giving air time to people that know what they are talking about.
#markmay #mushmouf #eyetest #jemelehill #eventuallygoingtobreakhashtagkey

You don't think Van Pelt is well informed? I don't think it is fair to damn him for working at the same company as those duds.

I think the "lose to Pitt" prediction is serious. Pitt is a dangerous game because it's so emotional for Pitt -- means so much more than it means to PSU.

It's Pitt's super bowl. Nobody should take them lightly.

Yes of course the matchups favor PSU. If PSU plays their game they win. But stuff happens, stuff definitely happens early in the season, and early season the Beav can have a negative affect on the team or a positive effect. The emotion can be good but it can also be bad. If PSU is starting slow, the sound of grumbling at the Beav is toxic -- it causes players to overreach and overplay.

Of course if PSU plays solid, the crowd will be helpful. If PSU plays lights-out, the crowd can turn a game into a blowout.

But I'm sure Franklin is well aware of how things can go sideways in the early season. Especially with Pitt who is coming in with such low expectations. If Pitt gets a first down that will be like a TD. If they score a TD it will be like going to Disney World for those guys. PSU needs to really minimize the mistakes and be patient and not fall behind in the 1st half -- and then their depth will wear down Pitt in the 2nd half. But they can't go into halftime down 14 or 20 points.

Reactions: BBrown
Ooh, good comeback. Still no facts, Champ? Yeah, that's what I thought. Good bye. Go back the rutgres board and wallow with your own filth.

Jesus, it is just an opinion. Yes, I don't have any facts that prove it was lucky just as you don't have any facts that prove it wasn't lucky. What is wrong with you? Why are you so thin skinned?

ivan thinks PSU's win over Ohio State was "lucky". Guess he doesn't realize that special teams are part of the game.

Or that PSU outscored duhO$U 17-0 over the final 25:10 of the game?

Or that duhO$U got the ball back with 4:37 left after PSU took the lead 24-21 and proceeded to use 3:25 of clock to gain a mere 12 total yards before turning the ball back over to PSU with over a minute remaining?

So according to nimrod here, we're supposed to assume that PSU wouldn't have scored even if Haley hadn't returned the blocked FG for a TD despite the fact that PSU would have had the ball inside duhO$U territory and had scored on each of their last two possessions? Pretty lame to propagate this myth given that PSU utterly dominated duhO$U defensively in the second half of that game and duhO$U had the ball after PSU went up by 3 with just under 5 minutes still on the clock and could do absolutely nothing with the ball such that they turned it over on downs to PSU with more than a minute still to play after only gaining 12 yards on their final possession allowing PSU to go into "Victory Formation" for their last possession!!! AGain, PSU shutout duhO$U 17-0 over the final 25 minutes and 10 seconds of the game and went into a "Victory Formation" kill-the-clock on their final possession, but somehow this equates to "luck" according to the slack-jawed b1g Suckeye homers? LMFAO at how lame, whinny and gauche these "poor-loser" losers are.

Jesus, it is just an opinion. Yes, I don't have any facts that prove it was lucky just as you don't have any facts that prove it wasn't lucky. What is wrong with you? Why are you so thin skinned?

Oh, let me get this straight, PSU outscoring duhO$U 17-0 over the final 25:10 of the game isn't a fact? Or that duhO$U got the ball back with 4:37 left after PSU took the lead 24-21 and proceeded to use 3:25 of clock to gain a mere 12 total yards before turning the ball back over to PSU with over a minute remaining isn't a fact? Or PSU going into "Victory Formation" to run out the clock on their final possession of the game with over a minute still to play isn't a fact? LMFAO, whatever you say dip$hit....

Oh, let me get this straight, PSU outscoring duhO$U 17-0 over the final 25:10 of the game isn't a fact? Or that duhO$U got the ball back with 4:37 left after PSU took the lead 24-21 and proceeded to use 3:25 of clock to gain a mere 12 total yards before turning the ball back over to PSU with over a minute remaining isn't a fact? Or PSU going into "Victory Formation" to run out the clock on their final possession of the game with over a minute still to play isn't a fact? LMFAO, whatever you say dip$hit....

You seem mentally unbalanced.

So you don't think any team has ever been lucky in beating Penn State?

Twice just last season... Pitt and USC. Let's not forget OSU in 2014 needing to be spotted 10 points just to go to OT.

Apples and Oranges to the PSU/OSU game. It's not like that kick was blocked and returned on the last play of the game. Take away the block, OSU likely misses a long kick, or worst case is up by one score. PSU gets 4 downs to do what they did all season, come back and win. At that point they were moving the ball on OSU at will, and OSU was completely shutdown by the PSU defense. Blocked kick or not, PSU still likely beats OSU. We'll never know because of the excellent execution of PSU special teams.

Twice just last season... Pitt and USC. Let's not forget OSU in 2014 needing to be spotted 10 points just to go to OT.

Apples and Oranges to the PSU/OSU game. It's not like that kick was blocked and returned on the last play of the game. Take away the block, OSU likely misses a long kick, or worst case is up by one score. PSU gets 4 downs to do what they did all season, come back and win. At that point they were moving the ball on OSU at will, and OSU was completely shutdown by the PSU defense. Blocked kick or not, PSU still likely beats OSU. We'll never know because of the excellent execution of PSU special teams.

Every game is unique. Did Penn State dominate Pitt and USC in first downs, time of possession and yardage gained?

Every game is unique. Did Penn State dominate Pitt and USC in first downs, time of possession and yardage gained?

I don't know or care. All that matters is that PSU was in position late in the 4th to easily win those games and screwed up both multiple times. The same can not be said for OSU.

These guys are the cautionary tale for every group of sports fans who sit around talking about sports, thinking everything they say has an unmatched level of insight, not to mention being hysterically funny, and think "You know, we should have our own show.....it'd be GREAT!!!"

Or -- as BBrown put it -- calling them hipster douche bags pretty much covers it.

Reactions: pandaczar12
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT