ADVERTISEMENT

espn: Rutgers board holds private meeting after latest sports scandal

See the link. "Latest sports scandal". Why, one might conclude that ru has a sports culture that has run amok.

:eek:

http://espn.go.com/college-football...d-holds-private-meeting-latest-sports-scandal

To be fair the only people calling it an emergency meeting is the media

This meeting was on the Boards schedule, alot of this situation ( the teacher/Kyle Flood) stuff is political.

In terms of the Football players being arrested I think it would be safe to say that you would be the Pot calling the kettle black based on the Penn State Football wrap sheet over the years.

Last edited:
To be fair the only people calling it an emergency meeting is the the meeting.

This meeting was on the Boards schedule, alot of this situation ( the teacher/Kyle Flood) stuff is political.

In terms of the Football players being arrested I think it would be safe to say that you would be the Pot calling the kettle black based on the Penn State Football wrap sheet over the years.
Your lack of grammar skills aside, I love the predictable posts which try to deflect from the topic in order to say, "Oh yeah? Well, you're worse than we are!!"

And please provide this Penn State "wrap" sheet you write about. (It's "rap" sheet by the way, as in Record of Arrest and Prosecution.)

To be fair the only people calling it an emergency meeting is the the meeting.

It's rap sheet.

Yes, Penn State has had student-athletes get in trouble. There is no avoiding that, sadly, as college students make mistakes. Still, not all of the Penn State student-athletes were guilty of the charges, and the athletic department never looked the other way. Everyone knows that Penn State is known for doing it much better in athletics than most schools across the country, on and off the field. You know, The Grand Experiment and Success With Honor.

Don't try to minimize the ru athletic failures (talking off the field here), by trying to throw stones at one of the most successful athletic departments in the country (again, on and off the field).

And, in case you were thinking of going there, don't start with the football narrative from 2011-2012. Everyone paying attention knows that is total nonsense.

ru athletic supporters should respect Penn State.

Your lack of grammar skills aside, I love the predictable posts which try to deflect from the topic in order to say, "Oh yeah? Well, you're worse than we are!!"

And please provide this Penn State "wrap" sheet you write about. (It's "rap" sheet by the way, as in Record of Arrest and Prosecution.)

The 2000s saw a number of PSU players arrested, but it wasn't romper room akin to what is currently transpiring at Rutgers. Joe seemed to of put PSU back on track by the end of the decade, well before it all went down, but any who.

I was glad the conference picked up Rutgers at first due to the recruiting area, TVs, and a chance to help them grow. I am starting to rethink that. This is just a huge black eye.

I never said you are worst than we are. I didn't even imply it.
I'm saying do go pretending that Penn State Football Players are choir boys, while calling out Rutgers for their recent woes.

.........Oh and here Let me google that for you:

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Penn+State+Football+Arrests

It's rap sheet.

Yes, Penn State has had student-athletes get in trouble. There is no avoiding that, sadly, as college students make mistakes. Still, not all of the Penn State student-athletes were guilty of the charges, and the athletic department never looked the other way. Everyone knows that Penn State is known for doing it much better in athletics than most schools across the country, on and off the field. You know, The Grand Experiment and Success With Honor.

Don't try to minimize the RU athletic failures (talking off the field here), by trying to throw stones at one of the most successful athletic departments in the country (again, on and off the field).

And, in case you were thinking of going there, don't start with the football narrative from 2011-2012. Everyone paying attention knows that is total nonsense.

ru athletic supporters should respect Penn State.

I promise I am not trolling, I am looking for a frank discussion and to help set the record straight a little here. Even though I know I may be talking to the wind at this point.

First off I am not one of those shallow visiting fans who brings up 2011-2012 so no need to worry.

There is no doubt that Penn State has had greater success on the field, and has a rich history, but aside from the past few weeks, and the Mike Rice issue which was obviously unfortunate how can you say athletic department run amok. That is pretty broad.

Having kids arrested in our football program outside of this week has been few and far between. Like you can count on one hand in the last decade ( 2 of which were last season)

We may not have won championships, but Rutgers has been in the top 5 in APR for football and overall as a university going on nearly 10 years. So quite frankly I would say (off the field) we are succeeding, minus a few indiscretions and bad apples which every athletics program has to deal with including the NIttany Lions.

The Kyle Flood issue with the teacher would have NEVER even been brought up at other schools. Much of this in my opinion (talking strictly Kyle and the Teacher incident) NJ Politics at play. Leaks to the press, Teachers Union involved etc etc. Typical Dirty Jersey politics using a man with an incredible amount of integrity to better there position in there impending contract talks specific to adjunct professors by dragging him through the mud.

Jerry DiNardo hit the nail on the head with his comments saying " what kind of world do we live in if a coach can't check on the well being of his student athletes both on and off the field"

Last edited:
ru is an embarrassment. Period.

Low Blow..... and Highly inaccurate.
North Carolina is an embarassment.
SMU in the '80's was an embarrasment
Syracuse is an embarassment.
Coach Khaki Pants .... is and embarassment :)

Rutgers has 5 kids arrested there is a difference.

Let stay on point here.

NITT, I beg to differ. The OP had it right. "WRAP" stands for Withering Rutgers Athletic Program.

Reactions: jim cummings
Low Blow..... and Highly inaccurate.
North Carolina is an embarassment.
SMU in the '80's was an embarrasment
Syracuse is an embarassment.
Coach Khaki Pants .... is and embarassment :)

Rutgers has 5 kids arrested there is a difference.

Let stay on point here.

Who is 'coach khaki pants'?

I have followed PSU FB pretty close for quite a while. you are going to have to remind me about the time our FB team had starters operating a home invasion ring, because apparently I have forgotten it.

Aren't there THREE home invasions done allegedly by this same group of Rut FB players? Not B&E at an empty house by scummy thieves with a heroin habit, but forced entry into occupied homes where they beat people up and stole their stuff, right? Tell me about the similar PSU home invasion ring, dildo.

It's obvious you have no desire to have a real conversation so I will ignore you and deal only with rational fans.

And no time have I been discourteous to you or not state fact in this thread.

I promise I am not trolling, I am looking for a frank discussion and to help set the record straight a little here. Even though I know I may be talking to the wind at this point.

First off I am not one of those shallow visiting fans who brings up 2011-2012 so no need to worry.

There is no doubt that Penn State has had greater success on the field, and has a rich history, but aside from the past few weeks, and the Mike Rice issue which was obviously unfortunate how can you say athletic department run amok. That is pretty broad.

Having kids arrested in our football program outside of this week has been few and far between. Like you can count on one hand in the last decade ( 2 of which were last season)

We may not have won championships, but Rutgers has been in the top 5 in APR for football and overall as a university going on nearly 10 years. So quite frankly I would say (off the field) we are succeeding, minus a few indiscretions and bad apples which every athletics program has to deal with including the NIttany Lions.

The Kyle Flood issue with the teacher would have NEVER even been brought up at other schools. Much of this in my opinion (talking strictly Kyle and the Teacher incident) NJ Politics at play. Leaks to the press, Teachers Union involved etc etc. Typical Dirty Jersey politics using a man with an incredible amount of integrity to better there position in there impending contract talks specific to adjunct professors by dragging him through the mud.

Jerry DiNardo hit the nail on the head with his comments saying " what kind of world do we live in if a coach can't check on the well being of his student athletes both on and off the field"
Starters. In.A.Home.Invasion.Ring. Not a few bad apples. A criminal gang operating out of your locker room. Don't minimize this and blame others.

I have followed PSU FB pretty close for quite a while. you are going to have to remind me about the time our FB team had starters operating a home invasion ring, because apparently I have forgotten it.

Aren't there THREE home invasions done allegedly by this same group of Rut FB players? Not B&E at an empty house by scummy thieves with a heroin habit, but forced entry into occupied homes where they beat people up and stole their stuff, right? Tell me about the similar PSU home invasion ring, dildo.

Again to be clear and fair the targets were actually drug dealers in which cash and Marijuana were stolen. So technically it's not like they were driving around and saying let break into that house on. These were allegedly targeted. Not saying that is any better, but trying to clear up the misconception you are portraying. Apparently the mastermind behind all of it was possibly a normal non athletic student

Again to be clear and fair the targets were actually drug dealers in which cash and Marijuana were stolen. So technically it's not like they were driving around and saying let break into that house on. These were allegedly targeted. Not saying that is any better, but trying to clear up the misconception you are portraying. Apparently the mastermind behind all of it was possibly a normal non athletic student
You may want to edit :"..a "normal" non athletic student".... Just sayin'

Starters. In.A.Home.Invasion.Ring. Not a few bad apples. A criminal gang operating out of your locker room. Don't minimize this and blame others.

Starter not starters.

The other starters got caught up in what appeared to be a campus fight in a completely SEPARATE incident.

The kids were arrested together but for separate acts.

Do not lump them into one group.

1 was home invasion. 4 were for assault and riot. Riot in NJ is essentially a group fight.

Then a few days later a walk on was charged with home invasion . the others involved were not members of the football team

Last edited:
This always deteriorates into a pissing contest.

I agree, and I hate that it does. Like I said I come In peace.

If you look at my other posts on the Rutgers board you will see I am always one of the first to tell people to stop being dicks with the childish pedostate crap.

3 home invasions. Not random ones, but selected according to a specific plan. You have still failed to show us how PSU has had a home invasion ring. Every group of men that age will have some criminal trouble, but this seems to have brewed for a while, and the home invasions are a little beyond the mark.

And you tell us they were drug dealers, then you tell us you are not trying to minimize this or saying that is any better. One of the invasions was a dorm room, and it looks like the others are apartments off-campus. Were there any kids or non-drug dealers living there? If there were, you DO understand they would nave experienced it not as a "drug-dealer" home invasion, but as an invasion of their own safe space? I know: you're not trying to say that the fact they were drug dealers makes it any better, except...that is exactly why you said it. These are extremely violent felony crimes.

http://6abc.com/news/another-rutgers-student-arrested-in-string-of-home-invasions/978046/

"The action came after 10 current and former Rutgers students were charged last week with robbing and assaulting other students during the spring semester. Five football players were dismissed from the team following their arrests last week.

The Middlesex County prosecutor's office Thursday announced the arrest of an 11th person, 20-year-old Lloyd Terry Jr. of Wrightstown. Terry was charged with armed robbery, armed burglary and conspiracy for allegedly participating in a home invasion robbery in April. He is listed on Rutgers' athletics website as a running back who redshirted in 2013 and appeared in one game last season.

Terry was being held at the county jail in lieu of $175,000 bail; it was not immediately known if he had an attorney who could speak on his behalf.

Two former players and another student pleaded not guilty Wednesday to charges stemming from multiple home invasions, including one at a campus dorm room. Assistant Prosecutor Christopher Kuberiet said the former players took pictures of the drugs and cash they stole and left a trail of incriminating text messages.

Kuberiet said the home invasions involved the use of a revolver, baseball bat, a hammer and knives. The victims were targeted because the defendants believed they would not report the crimes, Kuberiet said."

Last edited:

Has it occurred to you that you should be wondering how these players were so very familiar with who the drug dealers were, where they lived, what the dealers would have in their possession, and what they would need to complete a successful home invasion?

Has it occurred to you that you should be wondering how these players were so very familiar with who the drug dealers were, where they lived, what the dealers would have in their possession, and what they would need to complete a successful home invasion?
So when PSU students turned over a TV truck that Thursday night, without violence to any person, that was a "riot," but a gang of RU players beating the crap out of some folks in a public melee is only a riot because NJ law says it is.

Last edited:
I never said you are worst than we are. I didn't even imply it.
I'm saying do go pretending that Penn State Football Players are choir boys, while calling out Rutgers for their recent woes.

.........Oh and here Let me google that for you:

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Penn+State+Football+Arrests

The first link that comes up is about some players being involved in an "egg throwing" incident.

You probably should have checked that before posting!

"Wrap" sheet?

Merry Christmas!

3 home invasions. Not random ones, but selected according to a specific plan. You have still failed to show us how PSU has had a home invasion ring. Every group of men that age will have some criminal trouble, but this seems to have brewed for a while, and the home invasions are a little beyond the mark.

And you tell us they were drug dealers, then you tell us you are not trying to minimize this or saying that is any better. One of the invasions was a dorm room, and it looks like the others are apartments off-campus. Were there any kids or non-drug dealers living there? If there were, you DO understand they would nave experienced it not as a "drug-dealer" home invasion, but as an invasion of their own safe space? I know: you're not trying to say that the fact they were drug dealers makes it any better, except...that is exactly why you said it. These are extremely violent felony crimes.

http://6abc.com/news/another-rutgers-student-arrested-in-string-of-home-invasions/978046/

"The action came after 10 current and former Rutgers students were charged last week with robbing and assaulting other students during the spring semester. Five football players were dismissed from the team following their arrests last week.

The Middlesex County prosecutor's office Thursday announced the arrest of an 11th person, 20-year-old Lloyd Terry Jr. of Wrightstown. Terry was charged with armed robbery, armed burglary and conspiracy for allegedly participating in a home invasion robbery in April. He is listed on Rutgers' athletics website as a running back who redshirted in 2013 and appeared in one game last season.

Terry was being held at the county jail in lieu of $175,000 bail; it was not immediately known if he had an attorney who could speak on his behalf.

Two former players and another student pleaded not guilty Wednesday to charges stemming from multiple home invasions, including one at a campus dorm room. Assistant Prosecutor Christopher Kuberiet said the former players took pictures of the drugs and cash they stole and left a trail of incriminating text messages.

Kuberiet said the home invasions involved the use of a revolver, baseball bat, a hammer and knives. The victims were targeted because the defendants believed they would not report the crimes, Kuberiet said."
But revolver was unloaded, it was a little league bat, a jeweler's hammer and the knives were extremely dull. Not a big deal, Dem.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT