ADVERTISEMENT

ESPN assigns Confederate general to Pitt game

you mean like college football? perhaps we should have a Maternal Deaths board?
Maybe an Entertainment Board. I see many more posts about netflix/hbo series and even stuff as trivial as what movie someone is attending that night - w/ no OT of course - than any other off-football-topic variety.

“We collectively made the decision with Robert to switch games as the tragic events in Charlottesville were unfolding, simply because of the coincidence of his name,” Derek Volner, an ESPN spokesman, told The Washington Post.

“In that moment it felt right to all parties. It’s a shame that this is even a topic of conversation and we regret that who calls play by play for a football game has become an issue.”
BULL$$hiTT

Maybe an Entertainment Board. I see many more posts about netflix/hbo series and even stuff as trivial as what movie someone is attending that night - w/ no OT of course - than any other off-football-topic variety.

Do you see people at each other's throats over Netflix or HBO shows? Mention Kaepernick and people here lose their goddamn minds.

Reactions: TenerHallTerror
Do you see people at each other's throats over Netflix or HBO shows? Mention Kaepernick and people here lose their goddamn minds.
I thought you were arguing about off-topic posts in general. People generally fight on here regardless of the topic, don't they?

Um, this is a college football board. I know it's hard, but stay on topic.

well, it is sports related....so that is why I the mods haven't deleted them.

But whatever, I get your point. I know it sucks to have sports entertainment contaminated (which is the reason why I hate NFL players taking MY time to protest societal issues by disrpecting the symbol of our country). So I think we've gone full circle!

Reactions: MtNittany

Well, this is a parallel as to why I don't want NFL players protesting at games. Just as this is supposed to be a sports or PSU board, the NFL is for sports/entertainment. Its the same thing. Its not the discussion that is the problem, its the venue.

I thought you were arguing about off-topic posts in general. People generally fight on here regardless of the topic, don't they?

No - just political ones. Because there is a board designated for those discussions - 'Test/Politics Board.' Recently, a few posters have ignored board SOP, and/or become empowered in our current political climate and post topic after topic after topic about subjects not appropriate for this board. Don't even use OT.

No - just political ones. Because there is a board designated for those discussions - 'Test/Politics Board.' Recently, a few posters have ignored board SOP, and/or become empowered in our current political climate and post topic after topic after topic about subjects not appropriate for this board. Don't even use OT.

I am trying not to be too heavy handed here...but there is a CNN and Fox News and an MSNBC if you want to discuss Black/Blue LIves Matter....not during the national anthem on the sideline 2 minutes before kickoff of an NFL football game. Kind of ruins the mood.

Reactions: ILLINOISLION
I am trying not to be too heavy handed here...but there is a CNN and Fox News and an MSNBC if you want to discuss Black/Blue LIves Matter....not during the national anthem on the sideline 2 minutes before kickoff of an NFL football game. Kind of ruins the mood.

Agree - and none of the above is appropriate for this particular board. Politics Board created for that very reason.

Reactions: Obliviax
The awkward moment @espn broke it to announcer/General Robert E. Lee that he was pulled from the UVA game.

DH75QfNW0AA68wn.jpg

I wonder how many of those people who talk about respect for the flag have one of those traitor's flag stickers or license plates on their car or truck

Reactions: TenerHallTerror
It will, hopefully, become a PSU football forum in a week. I welcome and enjoy the diversity of off-season topics of discussion, but its approaching time to get behind and discuss the "Blue &White".

If the Mods allow "certain posters" to continue to "incite and espouse" their "non- football beliefs" during the season, well.....:oops:

I wonder how many of those people who talk about respect for the flag have one of those traitor's flag stickers or license plates on their car or truck

Dunno. But, most of my family is from Western PA. My cousin has never served in the military and has never lived in the south but those are the only two things he continually posts about on Facebook. You know - Rebel Flags, posts about veterans and war, freedom (and people taking it from him), etc.

It will, hopefully, become a PSU football forum in a week. I welcome and enjoy the diversity of off-season topics of discussion, but its approaching time to get behind and discuss the "Blue &White".

If the Mods allow "certain posters" to continue to "incite and espouse" their "non- football beliefs" during the season, well.....:oops:

This is another reason thread view was popular. Old topics eventually cycled through and were mostly forgotten. Now, they keep getting kicked to the top of the page every time anyone has some gem to add to the discussion. Ah well.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT