ADVERTISEMENT

Early signing day today

The current period lasts a week.

It is a contract, so some people rightly take their time to read the whole thing before signing.

Also, IIRC the signed form still has to be faxed in. Does anybody still have a fax machine? Know how to use one?
The week early signing period went away this year. Now it starts in November and runs through April or May (can't remember which). You can sign at any time.

The current period lasts a week.

It is a contract, so some people rightly take their time to read the whole thing before signing.

Also, IIRC the signed form still has to be faxed in. Does anybody still have a fax machine? Know how to use one?

I found out a couple days ago the signing period for wrestling for this year is Niv 14th till August 1.

Does the NLI/contract have scholarship % written into them? Could that be the reason it’s delayed? Since they still working out the numbers?

Some schools have mass signing days where groups of kids sign at the same time. Shines an extra spotlight on them and becomes a bit of a party.

So they may wait to arrange those types of things

Aren't most of our unsigned guys already on campus?

Do they still have to fax it in when they can just hand it over.

Dont take it personal. Their delusion, anger and petty lies comes from a good place....the place.....that we keep winning NCs and they struggle to stay relevant.

#thatswhatwedo
#incaelitrust
#cesspooldoingcesspoolthings
It’s hilarious to me. I appreciate the passion! Be it delusional or not. They love their team and some of those guys are funny

I don’t know everyone’s classes. I was just looking at the top guys. For example Ohio State has Kerk, Karchla, Demilio signed. Iowa has their top guy signed.

I’m just trying to understand the process. I wasn’t a D1 athlete so I never went thru this. In other words how does 1 NLI get signed but not the others? I would think all PSU wrestlers would be happy to sign as early as possible. Is it the wrestlers not signing or is it the contract not delivered to them yet? If it’s the latter, why not? Is there a piece I’m missing? Especially guys like Beard, Lee and Nevills since they already greyshirting. Starocci I can understand if they not sure if he coming in right away or greyshirting
NLI's are only for prospective student-athetes entering college as a full-time student for the first time. In other words, it only happens once, and for some schools (Ivy, for example) doesn't happen at all. Truth be known, it's not required anywhere, but it does stop recruiting from other schools once it's signed. THIS IS HUGE for a HS senior trying to focus on studies.

Each wrestler and wrestler's family is different. Some want to sign it asap (Initial Signing Date), others don't. I highly doubt the Financial Aid package not delivered in time is ever an issue for those recruited early and committing early.

The parents/student-athlete should know the cost of attending the school of their choice. There are estimators available from every school, plus they know all the "other" financial assistance (academic awards, local/national scholarship monies, etc.). The Financial Aid package from the school has the AMOUNT of Financial Aid the school will provide. You called it a "contract", which it is, I suppose, for 1 year of Financial Aid. I don't know for sure, but I doubt a scholarship % is typed on the form. That's a PSU number, used for compliance, and I doubt it's on the form...though the family knows exactly what the package is...and getting to the number isn't difficult.

Reactions: pish69
I don’t know everyone’s classes. I was just looking at the top guys. For example Ohio State has Kerk, Karchla, Demilio signed. Iowa has their top guy signed.

I’m just trying to understand the process. I wasn’t a D1 athlete so I never went thru this. In other words how does 1 NLI get signed but not the others? I would think all PSU wrestlers would be happy to sign as early as possible. Is it the wrestlers not signing or is it the contract not delivered to them yet? If it’s the latter, why not? Is there a piece I’m missing? Especially guys like Beard, Lee and Nevills since they already greyshirting. Starocci I can understand if they not sure if he coming in right away or greyshirting
good article from the TOM daily email on LOI - http://matbossapp.hs-sites.com/blog...bout-nlis?mc_cid=fe2d41468f&mc_eid=f71a8913fe

Reactions: pish69

great article and might provide part of the answer why we didn't get more on day 1 from greyshirts:

"A parent or legal guardian must also sign the NLI if the student-athlete is under 21

If a student-athlete is under the age of 21, a parent or legal guardian must sign the NLI in
order for it to be considered valid. Student-athletes who are 21 or older do not need a parent or legal guardian to sign it. "

if all of our greyshirts are away from their parents then they might have to wait

"John Brooks is a hard working ... paraprofessional"

Cool! The team is going to be much safer with a paraprofessional around! :)

Ghostbusters.jpg

Last edited:
Fax machines? Thats weird.

I think it's a legal issue. In SC I can deliver a report on paper as a hard copy or on a CD as a pdf to a state regulator by mail, FedEx, or in person. They can't officially accept and acknowledge receipt of the same report as a pdf attached to an email. I think most public bids work the same way.

What I learned from it is if you bring up the binder it means you like boys, or men who like boys, or parts that are on boys, ....

We’re not perfect here, but the fact that they don’t remotely pretend to monitor or self-police that place is shocking.
Oh they monitor it alright...I have the cuff marks to prove it. They throw me in jail and I somehow find a way to tunnel myself out.

Seriously, they let them guys do and say what they want. I would hope if our fans here did what they do there....constantly giving the sport of wrestling a black eye (by crying rampant cheating or steroid use) ...I’d hope they’d get the boot.

Reactions: nitlion6
Oh they monitor it alright...I have the cuff marks to prove it. They throw me in jail and I somehow find a way to tunnel myself out.

Seriously, they let them guys do and say what they want. I would hope if our fans here did what they do there....constantly giving the sport of wrestling a black eye (by crying rampant cheating or steroid use) ...I’d hope they’d get the boot.
your future handles should have some reference to psu and shawshank.....

Cuff Mark's? Come on now, they luv ya over there
They are very tolerant and open minded to diversity of opinion, and appreciative of great efforts put forth by others and the achievements accomplished at the conclusion of those efforts.

Reactions: johnstownsteel
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT