ADVERTISEMENT

Early lines:

stormingnorm

Aug 2, 2017
Wash by 5 over Utah (2:1 Money line) 43 o/u

UCF only 3 over Memphis.... Milton out, of course (Memphis given about 2 chances in 5 to win)

OU by 7 over UT (UT given about one chance in 4) 78 o/u

Bama by 13 over UGA (UGA with 1 shot in 6) 64 o/u

OSU by 14 over NW (NW with 1 shot in 6) 60 o/u

AND:
Clemson by 26 over Pitt (Pitt with 1 shot in 30) 55 o/u

Thinking if I had to take something in each of those games:

- In the P12 or AAC games, I think take the underdog on the money line.

- Giving the points in the B12

- Giving the points and taking the over in the B10

- I actually am kind of intrigued by Pitt getting 26 - - - - especially if the rain forecasted for Charlotte comes to fruition.

- SEC? Who knows? Maybe just take UGA on the money line as a long shot pick

What say GG?

Don’t know how it will play out, but the public almost always overreacts to an injury like the Milton one, overvaluing the value of one star player. I’m guessing you’ll see lots of square $ on Memphis, while sharper $ either stays on the sidelines or plays UCF.

Reactions: stormingnorm
I was underwhelmed by Washington. They were very fortunate to get that weather which just killed their high octane offense (and a reason why bad weather teams struggle with that scheme).

Last edited:

UCF only 3 over Memphis.... Milton out, of course (Memphis given about 2 chances in 5 to win)

AND:

- I actually am kind of intrigued by Pitt getting 26 - - - - especially if the rain forecasted for Charlotte comes to fruition.

What say GG?
Clemson has a slight edge in talent over Pitt - well maybe more than slight. Nevertheless, the Panthers are much better than their record indicates and have nothing to lose. Nardog is at his best playing loose and easy, throwing caution to the wind. Remember 43-42! Hail to Pitt!

Reactions: LionJim
Clemson has a slight edge in talent over Pitt - well maybe more than slight. Nevertheless, the Panthers are much better than their record indicates and have nothing to lose. Nardog is at his best playing loose and easy, throwing caution to the wind. Remember 43-42! Hail to Pitt!
Sarcasm at its finest.

Actually you are what you’re record says you are. Sun, rain, sleet or snow Clemson hammers PITT.

that's 43 points more than they will score this weekend

Reactions: mn78psu83

AND:

What say GG?
I have Bama at -9.5 vs UGA, so I don't get the early line move from 10.5 to 13.

I have UW at -5, so no lean.

I'm very torn on B12. I have OU-9, but the golden rule for Texas is bet then as a dog and against them as a favorite. However, I think everyone will be on Texas after they beat OU earlier this season.

Pitt clearly was a better team than most thought this season. However, if you have a stout run defense like Miami (yes, I bet Miami this weekend), you can stop Pitt. My number is pretty close to the spread, but I think Clemson will be motivated and I'm not sure how Pitt scores.

NW is like Texas. Bet them as a dog, fade as a fav. However, OSU surely will be motivated to pile on points. I'll stay away.

No AAC or MAC? UAB got drubbed by MSTU just last week, but were missing virtually their entire OL and starting RB. I'll be looking for UAB if the line moves against them.

Don’t know how it will play out, but the public almost always overreacts to an injury like the Milton one, overvaluing the value of one star player. I’m guessing you’ll see lots of square $ on Memphis, while sharper $ either stays on the sidelines or plays UCF.
I couldn't agree more with overreaction to a QB injury by the public. It's a great angle to play against. However, in this case, I think Milton is actually worth at least 6 points to UCF. Memphis has revenge from last year's championship game and a 1 point loss earlier this season where they outgained UCF (with Milton) and led 30-17 at half. I think Memphis wins this game.

Reactions: stormingnorm

AND:

What say GG?

I'll take Texas getting 7. Oklahoma's defense is weak and Texas will again be able to move on them
Two turnover TD's were the difference at WVU. I also like Georgia getting 13.

I couldn't agree more with overreaction to a QB injury by the public. It's a great angle to play against. However, in this case, I think Milton is actually worth at least 6 points to UCF. Memphis has revenge from last year's championship game and a 1 point loss earlier this season where they outgained UCF (with Milton) and led 30-17 at half. I think Memphis wins this game.

Even you are getting sucked into this one? Come on.

:)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT