ADVERTISEMENT

Drunk criminal Britt Reid

Gets his already pathetic sentence commuted. Maybe he’ll kill someone next time

https://abc7.com/britt-reid-crash-m...ntenced-commuted-kansas-city-chiefs/14484524/
The governor’s office says he already served more time than anyone convicted of a similar offense. If true he should not be treated any differently just because of his father’s position. However I tend to doubt that’s the case. He’s at least a third strike convict with a history of illegal drug use.

The governor’s office says he already served more time than anyone convicted of a similar offense. If true he should not be treated any differently just because of his father’s position. However I tend to doubt that’s the case. He’s at least a third strike convict with a history of illegal drug use.
This is what they said - who knows if it’s true.

"Mr. Reid has completed his alcohol abuse treatment program and has served more prison time than most individuals convicted of similar offenses," Parson's office said in a statement to ABC News“

There are a lot of holes in that statement. How many of these “similar” offenses resulted in the permanent crippling of a child? How many of these offenses were not first time offenses? All I know is the max sentence was 7 years; he pled to 4; he’s not even serving 3 in the end.

Oh, but this Governor is “tough on crime”. Here’s a case where he didn’t commute a sentence:

Here’s a key snippet in that story about Reid from a public defender:

“I have never seen a governor commute a sentence after a plea of guilty,” said Porto, whose law career includes more than five years as a public defender and representing what he estimated were thousands.

He added, “This man admitted what he did, he understood the range of punishment when he pleaded guilty, and he accepted the punishment.”

This is what they said - who knows if it’s true.

"Mr. Reid has completed his alcohol abuse treatment program and has served more prison time than most individuals convicted of similar offenses," Parson's office said in a statement to ABC News“

There are a lot of holes in that statement. How many of these “similar” offenses resulted in the permanent crippling of a child? How many of these offenses were not first time offenses? All I know is the max sentence was 7 years; he pled to 4; he’s not even serving 3 in the end.

Oh, but this Governor is “tough on crime”. Here’s a case where he didn’t commute a sentence:

Here’s a key snippet in that story about Reid from a public defender:

“I have never seen a governor commute a sentence after a plea of guilty,” said Porto, whose law career includes more than five years as a public defender and representing what he estimated were thousands.

He added, “This man admitted what he did, he understood the range of punishment when he pleaded guilty, and he accepted the punishment.”
I agree with you. I mentioned the seriousness of this case and the harm to an innocent victim in my original reply but it didn’t post properly. You are correct.

Reactions: Chickenman Testa
I agree with you. I mentioned the seriousness of this case and the harm to an innocent victim in my original reply but it didn’t post properly. You are correct.
No problem. This case really burns me up. A lot of people in the sports world just let it pass by because Reid is this jovial fat guy who wins and does commercials.

Reactions: ram2020
How much time did he serve when he pulled a gun on someone?

His sons poor behaviors and drug addiction contibuted to hasten Andy's departure.

Spoiled punks....
Are you referring to leaving Philly? He then gets the KC job and his low life son who he stupidly just hand a job to drives drunk recklessly and seriously injures a child.

Reactions: 87 Penn St8
Are you referring to leaving Philly? He then gets the KC job and his low life son who he stupidly just hand a job to drives drunk recklessly and seriously injures a child.
Exactly. Boys were in all sorts of trouble in PA...taking Reid from the Sports report to Breaking News....

Exactly. Boys were in all sorts of trouble in PA...taking Reid from the Sports report to Breaking News....
My guess was Reid who made a ton of money was never around and who knows what the Mom was doing but clearly they had no control over their scumbag sons.

I would be the farm that if his last name wasn't Reid he would still be sitting in jail - rules for thee and not for me.
Based on how many others you read about getting light sentences and/or getting released ridiculously early, I'd worry that you might lose your farm.

Reactions: Phil's Rug
This is not news. I think we all already know the law doesn’t equally apply to the rich and famous. Pretty famous cases of that going on now.

I would be the farm that if his last name wasn't Reid he would still be sitting in jail - rules for thee and not for me.
I think you think the criminal system is better than it should. He was never going to be in jail for the full sentence. Few ever are.

Reactions: IANit
No problem. This case really burns me up. A lot of people in the sports world just let it pass by because Reid is this jovial fat guy who wins and does commercials.
"Jovial"? Ask Philadelphia sports writers how jovial he is. I think he is as jovial as a cinder block. He is fat, as you quite correctly point out!

https://abc7.com/britt-reid-crash-m...ntenced-commuted-kansas-city-chiefs/14484524/
DDr

Drip, drip drip as a little bit more of Americans worship of sports goes down the drain.

"Jovial"? Ask Philadelphia sports writers how jovial he is. I think he is as jovial as a cinder block. He is fat, as you quite correctly point out!
If he had been as stern with his sons as he was with the Philly media instead of a slacker look the other way do nothing Dad then maybe his sons would not be complete loser criminals.

It still pisses me off that he won Punt, Pass and Kick as a 13 year old. He was exactly the same size that he is today less 100 or so pounds. Look up the video on YouTube.

I think you think the criminal system is better than it should. He was never going to be in jail for the full sentence. Few ever are.
You don’t know what you’re talking about as usual. For example in PA, murder while committing a felony, is mandatory life without parole. No exceptions, Mr Everyone Knows.

What makes this worse is that he accepted the plea deal with the prescribed term and didn't even serve that - I am sure the family of the little girl he impacted for life is thrilled wit this but hey his old man won some titles for KS so it's all good.

How is that relevant in this case?
I just like to point out when PoserCommando is wrong which is most of the time he’s running his mouth. He says few go to jail for their full sentence. I was merely stating that’s not the case in Pennsylvania vis a vis murder. Life means life in PA although our activist PA Supreme Court is trying to change that. Carry on.

I just like to point out when PoserCommando is wrong which is most of the time he’s running his mouth. He says few go to jail for their full sentence. I was merely stating that’s not the case in Pennsylvania vis a vis murder. Life means life in PA although our activist PA Supreme Court is trying to change that. Carry on.
No matter what side you take he will take the opposite - it's thing - yeah I know it's stupid.

Reactions: Kasparaitis
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT