ADVERTISEMENT

Downloading music off a 10YO IPod?

PSU_Chicago

Gold Member
May 29, 2001
Anyone know how to download the music off a ~ 19 YO IPod??? Thank you

Anyone know how to download the music off a ~ 19 YO IPod??? Thank you
i would think plug it into iTunes on a computer that has iTunes, and just swipe the songs over to the hard drive and take it from there. Thats the way I'd start, and if that didn't work, I'd search YouTube and see what they say.

What is the motivation? Are the songs not available via other means? Do you just want to save money?
How many songs are you talking?
What do you plan to do with the files if you can download them off the iPod? (i.e. what format will you need them to be in, and are you assuming they will already be in that format?)

What is the motivation? Are the songs not available via other means? Do you just want to save money?
What do you plan to do with the files if you can download them off the iPod? (i.e. what format will you need them to be in, and are you assuming they will already be in that format?)

I want to put them on my i tunes. These are many years of CDs that we ripped onto the I pad using my wife's apple PC. Sounds like I can file transfer the songs.

Not answering for the OP but for me, I've got a ton of CD's I recorded into may current devices. For whatever reason, over the many upgrades, several have disappeared.

Not answering for the OP but for me, I've got a ton of CD's I recorded into may current devices. For whatever reason, over the many upgrades, several have disappeared.
I don't think it is the upgrades necessarily, but it is something to do with the licenses Apple has now vs what they had when iTunes first came out. This happened to me as well, and after a little research, this is what I discovered, for the most part.

Reactions: Obliviax
I don't think it is the upgrades necessarily, but it is something to do with the licenses Apple has now vs what they had when iTunes first came out. This happened to me as well, and after a little research, this is what I discovered, for the most part.
I've had an issue with accessing iTunes downloads that were from pre-cloud era that no longer want to transfer through the device or iTunes app to be saved/transferred/backed up.

I've had an issue with accessing iTunes downloads that were from pre-cloud era that no longer want to transfer through the device or iTunes app to be saved/transferred/backed up.
Pretty sure it has something to do with the early licenses Apple and restricted use to like 3 Apple devices etc. but now Apple sells a full license so whatever you get now is yours

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT