ADVERTISEMENT

Douchi at it again. Now the ACC has better athletes than BT and BT produces OL and few NFL QBs

The Big Ten really doesn't produce good QBs...are we trying to argue that? We bash Ohio State QBs in the NFL constantly. Penn State hasn't had a good NFL QB since Collins. Hopefully Allar changes that.

Does he reference his record vs. The Big Ten? Anyone care to discuss ACC V. BIG TEN the past 5 years? Here's my take...based on the results...if the ACC has the better athletes....the Big 10 has coaches that make ACC coaches all look like Nardouche!

The Big Ten really doesn't produce good QBs...are we trying to argue that? We bash Ohio State QBs in the NFL constantly. Penn State hasn't had a good NFL QB since Collins. Hopefully Allar changes that.
Tom Brady and Drew Brees were half decent. Name any QB ever produced by the ACC who was as good as Brady or Brees?

Last edited:
Alas, but 51-6 says it all.

This is why we should play Pitt going forward on the final weekend of the year. Nobody cares that UGA plays its little brother and Nobody will care that we do either.

I'd insist on 3 home to 1 away though.

Reactions: PSU621
Tom Brady and Drew Brees were half decent. Name any QB ever produced by the ACC who was as good as Brady or Brees?
Are either in the league today? No one is talking about decades ago. Today...who is the best Big Ten QBkn the NFL?

Are you joking? He says that biggest name from the BT in last 16 years is Kirk Cousins and fails to mention Tom Brady. Brees at PU? Russell Wilson played at UW. My god..he is a moron

Last edited:
Reactions: Gitzit
Same old stammering Nardouche. Public speaking has never been his strong suit. If Pitt played in the BIG East, they'd be better than Rutgers and same-same as Indiana and Maryland. In a 9 game conference schedule, they'd be 2-7 or 3-6 every year.

Are you joking? He says that biggest name from the BT in last 16 years is Kirk Cousins and fails to mention Tom Brady. Brees at PU? Russell Wilson played at UW. My god..he is a moron
Brady and Brees are retired and were drafted before any of these kids were worn. Wilson played more at NCSU than at Wisconsin. Cousins is the best Big Ten QB and how long ago was he drafted? And what has he won? Let's not start pretending Fields is good

Narduzzi can be a moron yet still be correct about something....the Big Ten hasn't recently developed many quality QBs. Of course he's going to hype up Pickett starting and guys like Trevor Lawrence. I mean, why wouldn't he. His job is to sell Pitt and the ACC.

Reactions: hlstone
Brady and Brees are retired and were drafted before any of these kids were worn. Wilson played more at NCSU than at Wisconsin. Cousins is the best Big Ten QB and how long ago was he drafted? And what has he won? Let's not start pretending Fields is good

Narduzzi can be a moron yet still be correct about something....the Big Ten hasn't recently developed many quality QBs. Of course he's going to hype up Pickett starting and guys like Trevor Lawrence. I mean, why wouldn't he. His job is to sell Pitt and the ACC.
At least three Big 10 qbs were drafted this past season, including one of the top picks in the whole draft. So, by my count, there are at least three veteran NFL starters (Cousins, Fields and Wilson) and one potential rookie starter for the Panthers who are Big 10 qbs. Off the top of my head, I can think of four NFL starters (Lawrence, Pickett, Watson and the Giants qb) who are ACC qbs, Therefore, there are as many starting NFL QBs from the Big 10 as from the ACC, so his comment is totally nonsensical, and reeks of desperation to be relevant.

You have to ask yourself why this insecure, petty loudmouth feels the need to criticize the Big 10. I mean, it’s not as if he is presiding over a program like Clemson. Rather, he’s the coach of an average program with minimal fan support that has played in the weakest division in major college football, and only has won that division twice. He also has won one game against a Big 10 team against five or six losses, and his team almost lost that one win.

Finally, now that the ACC doesn’t have divisions, Pitt isn’t going to make many ACC Championship games like they did by being a big dog in a horrible division.

Last edited:
At least three Big 10 qbs were drafted this past season, including one of the top picks in the whole draft. So, by my count, there are at least three veteran NFL starters (Cousins, Fields and Wilson) and one potential rookie starter for the Panthers who are Big 10 qbs. Off the top of my head, I can think of four NFL starters (Lawrence, Pickett, Watson and the Giants qb) who are ACC qbs, Therefore, there are as many starting NFL QBs from the Big 10 as from the ACC, so his comment is totally nonsensical, and reeks of desperation to be relevant.

You have to ask yourself why this insecure, petty loudmouth feels the need to criticize the Big 10. I mean, it’s not as if he is presiding over a program like Clemson. Rather, he’s the coach of an average program with minimal fan support that has played in the weakest division in major college football, and only has won that division twice. He also has won one game against a Big 10 team against five or six losses, and his team almost lost that one win.

Finally, now that the ACC doesn’t have divisions, Pitt isn’t going to make many ACC Championship games like they did by being a big dog in a horrible division.
Because he recruits against the Big Ten. Also, Wilson is an ACC product as well probably more so. I'm pretty sure someone here posted Pitt's schedule this year and it's still garbage. Doubt that's the issue.
Wilson and Cousins are at the end of their careers...at least heading there. He's talking about present day. Howell is also likely a starred for Washington.

Same old stammering Nardouche. Public speaking has never been his strong suit. If Pitt played in the BIG East, they'd be better than Rutgers and same-same as Indiana and Maryland. In a 9 game conference schedule, they'd be 2-7 or 3-6 every year.
pitt isn't as good as Maryland.

Are either in the league today? No one is talking about decades ago. Today...who is the best Big Ten QBkn the NFL?
Narduzzi didn't say today. Why cherry pick one time period? Overall, the Big 10 has produced better QBs (Brady, Brees, Wilson) than any produced by the ACC. Brady and Brees were active just a couple years ago and Wilson is still active.

Reactions: PSU621
I don't think you can look at a successful CF program and then say their QBs have flopped in the NFL. Why? Because of the offense they've run over the years.

The 2 best examples are Oklahoma and Ohio State - especially OK - (and somewhat Nebraska) where they've basically ran some form of the read-option offense for decades before Ryan Day and Lincoln Riley - - both employ Pro offenses - took over at those schools. The R-O QBs just aren't projected as successful NFL QBs but can really succeed in CF - obviously - as both schools are always listed in the top 3 or 4 most successful programs when it comes to all-time winning listings,

I don't think you can look at a successful CF program and then say their QBs have flopped in the NFL. Why? Because of the offense they've run over the years.

The 2 best examples are Oklahoma and Ohio State - especially OK - (and somewhat Nebraska) where they've basically ran some form of the read-option offense for decades before Ryan Day and Lincoln Riley - - both employ Pro offenses - took over at those schools. The R-O QBs just aren't projected as successful NFL QBs but can really succeed in CF - obviously - as both schools are always listed in the top 3 or 4 most successful programs when it comes to all-time winning listings,
Which is why the B2G doesn’t have as many pro QBs. The conference recruits mostly dual threat QBs because of the bad weather that they play in. You need a dual threat to compensate for bad weather games. Southern schools get the pro style recruits who love playing in warm weather stadiums.

Until recently the pros avoided dual threat players. They now will feature them but few of them have long careers as injuries end the careers or make them far less effective.

This article is slightly dated (2020) but is recent and relevant enough to debunk your point about the conference but no argument with PSU recent history.

https://n.rivals.com/news/nfl-draft-which-conference-produced-most-qbs-over-last-4-years-
I'm surprised that the B1G has the most at 10 and just as surprised that the SEC only has 7 and, like you said, it's only a 2020 article which leaves out high 1st round picks Justin Fields and CJ Stroud.

Under the assumption that McCord wins the job at OSU - it sure sounds that way - I'll be interested to see how McCarthy (UM), Allar (PSU) and McCord end up in the future drafts and NFL playing time. From everything I've read, McCord and Allar have the best arms and are more of the prototype NFL QB than McCarthy who has the best running skills of the three.

Last edited:
Narduzzi didn't say today. Why cherry pick one time period? Overall, the Big 10 has produced better QBs (Brady, Brees, Wilson) than any produced by the ACC. Brady and Brees were active just a couple years ago and Wilson is still active.
He's clearly talking about today lol
You can dislike him and still acknowledge he has a point while foolishly obsessed with something meaningless.

The Big Ten >>>>>>>>>>>>>> The ACC and everyone else not named the SEC at producing NFL talent but the Big Ten, like most conferences, haven't produced a lot of QB talent. Reality

This I fully agree with but its that Narduzzi's point?

Brady and Brees were active just a couple years

Brady was in the league last year. If he doesn't count, then who does?

Also being left out is college football success vs NFL draft. Outside of the Clemson pair, what QBs from the ACC have been top 10 in national QB stats? What ones have played on nationally ranked teams?

Regardless of NFL success, every Buckeye QB has played on a loaded offense and has been a nightmare to stop for the past decade.

Nobody in college football was scared of Daniel Jones from '16-'18, nor his teams 7-17 record vs ACC opponents. And even if they were, he didn't have much around him to make an impact.

The goal of college football is to win games. Being able to get players drafted is at best secondary to that and at worst further down the list. Based off the fact that schools like Iowa, Kentucky, and even Pitt do a decent job at sending players to the NFL (all 3 are top 12-15 the past 3-4 years in # of players sent to the pros), why aren't they able to translate that into top 15 recruiting classes?

Because simply sending players to the NFL isn't that important to college football. Pat is short-sighted and good for paper clippings. His point is lacking. It's data without analysis as someone in this thread once said about stats in other topics. They know who they are; we do as well.

Brady was drafted literally decades ago.
I don't understand why anyone is mad about the point being made. Maye is projected to be a top 2 pick next year along with Pickett and Lawrence recently going in the first round with varying degrees of success. The Big Ten hasn't truly produced a high level QB since Cousins who was drafted in 2012. Maybe Fields or CJ change that but only time will tell.
It's Narduzzi,'s job to sell the ACC and his program. He's trying to do that. Hell Narduzzi was still at Michigan State for 2 years after Cousins was drafted. It's okay to acknowledge its been a decade since the Big Ten produced a legit, proven NFL starter.

I don't spend much time on here but I can give you one fact, and that's landocamando just looks for an argument on every single thread.
Not even remotely a fact. Especially in this scenario. Narduzzi is right about the Big Ten not producing QBs. We haven't had a good one in the NFL since Collins. I'm hoping Allar changes that (hell maybe Clifford does eventually) but I also hoped to Hack and Morelli were going to fix that. Hell Devlin too.

If people weren't unwilling to acknowledge reality due to bias I wouldn't even have responded. And the worst part is many here constantly bash the lack of success for other programs in our conference producing NFL QBs but when Narduzzi says it they're angry. It's somewhere between comical and pathetic while proving this fan base still worries about Pitt when they shouldn't.

Reactions: RickinDayton
Yes, the ACC has more current NFL starters than the Big 10.

Those QBs have been irrelevant to meaningful college football games outside of the Clemson 2.

Duzz can spin it however he wishes, it's his program to sell.

Yes, the ACC has more current NFL starters than the Big 10.

Those QBs have been irrelevant to meaningful college football games outside of the Clemson 2.

Duzz can spin it however he wishes, it's his program to sell.
You have to ask yourself why this bore keeps making comments about conferences and schools that have nothing to do with the team that he coaches? I mean, he’s always been an uncouth loudmouth, but he seems to be getting worse. He speaks like he has the gravitas of a Saban or Sweeney when in reality he’s just the head coach of a rather irrelevant middling ACC school.

He's clearly talking about today lol
You can dislike him and still acknowledge he has a point while foolishly obsessed with something meaningless.
Talk about obsessing about something meaningless. There’s now 38 posts in this thread and 10 of them are yours. Or is that monopolizing? Perhaps I’m just obsessing about your monopolizing about something meaningless.

You have to ask yourself why this bore keeps making comments about conferences and schools that have nothing to do with the team that he coaches? I mean, he’s always been an uncouth loudmouth, but he seems to be getting worse. He speaks like he has the gravitas of a Saban or Sweeney when in reality he’s just the head coach of a rather irrelevant middling ACC school.
When you have nothing of your own to offer, you tear down what others have….that’s how the Duzz operates.

Reactions: psu00
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT