ADVERTISEMENT

Double Stall call causes a ride out scenario

JOESTROSSER

Oct 28, 2005
Never saw that before. MSU vs Indiana Heavyweights both had 2 stall calls. Ref hit them both with a stall call causing a ride out scenario. Anyone ever see this happen?

Reactions: danoftw and 1AA
No, I was watching the match also and thought the IU Hvy was the more aggressive wrestler and didn't deserve the last stall call. I'm glad he won.

Reactions: Pitchfork Rebel
That's the rule. Jason Bryant mentioned he'd seen it happen exactly once earlier in the season (between Delaware State and Franklin & Marshall)...and Malik Amine (who is great, BTW, and exactly what BTN needed IMO) wasn't aware of the rule. It's been in the rulebook forever, but it's so rarely used that very few people know about it.

No, I was watching the match also and thought the IU Hvy was the more aggressive wrestler and didn't deserve the last stall call. I'm glad he won.

He got hit with a stall call almost at the same time he attempted a shot.

The obsession with "activity" for its own sake is not good. Anybody that's every supervised employees knows that there's a difference between "looking busy" and being productive-sometimes you are evaluating your opponent, sometimes you are posturing to goad him into an opening.

Takedowns are only routine for the AB's of the world.

Would this have still happened had they both not had 2 stall calls?

Say neither of them had ANY stalls....

Would this have still happened had they both not had 2 stall calls?

Say neither of them had ANY stalls....
This is the NCAA rule:

Double Penalties. In a situation in which both wrestlers are penalized an equal number of points simultaneously during the sudden-victory period in any round of overtime, those points will be added to both scores, the sudden victory period will be terminated, and the wrestlers will proceed immediately to the tiebreaker periods.

I feel like Lewan could get a double stall call by himself.
Ref be like...
Robert Hays disco GIF

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT