ADVERTISEMENT

Desanto

The only thing that bothers me is that Desanto is still ranked above RBY. RBY was beating Desanto early in the match, not a last second fluke. RBY should be ranked number 2 at 133.
The only rankings that matter are coaches rankings and RPI. Flo, Track, Intermat, etc...have no bearing on how guys are seeded at NCAAs. Coaches have RBY 2 and Desanto 3. Desanto just got his 15th match last night so he will be included in the next RPI rankings. RBY is 3rd

Typical of this bushleague Conference and its clown homer Refs and Officials - they've done the diametric opposite of what the rulebook very clearly calls for in this situation and outright rewarded Desanto for his classless, bush, unsportsmanlike behavior -- and didn't just reward him for the bush behavior multiple times on the mat, they've now gone and compounded it by rewarding the behavior in the Rankings (beyond absurd as only this classless conference can do as Desanto was not only bailed-out from being pinned twice in the match, but he was also traiing when he Injury Forfeited! Just beyond bullshit.).
Huh? The conference doesn’t do rankings. RBY is #2 in the coaches poll.

Reactions: midniteride
Typical of this bushleague Conference and its clown homer Refs and Officials - they've done the diametric opposite of what the rulebook very clearly calls for in this situation and outright rewarded Desanto for his classless, bush, unsportsmanlike behavior -- and didn't just reward him for the bush behavior multiple times on the mat, they've now gone and compounded it by rewarding the behavior in the Rankings (beyond absurd as only this classless conference can do as Desanto was not only bailed-out from being pinned twice in the match, but he was also traiing when he Injury Forfeited! Just beyond bullshit.).

giphy.gif

I’ll take things Cael Sanderson would never say to the media for $500 Alex.
Not really sure what the problem is with this is. It is pretty refreshing to actually get something of substance from a coach's interview. Unlike Cael's milquetoast interviews.

Kind of weird how obsessed we are with this Desanto/ RBY match. The kid got hurt. He injury defaulted. We won the match. He is going to get seeded higher than him at Big Tens. They will probably meet there and hopefully RBY gets the best of a healthy Desanto.

Last edited:
Am I the only one confused by what Brands is saying? When he says we did not handle that well and he's got to be better, is he implying Austin tapped out against RBY?
Serious? It was about Minnesota - the JC kid that got slappy after being slapped.

He already did a couple weeks ago.
You really don't think he was negatively affected by getting his knee tweaked? Sure he was probably not as hurt as he thought, but having watched him his whole life I feel he really did think his season was over. I get that we like to pile on Iowa here and especially Destanto, but if you think RBY is not in for a dog fight at Big Tens and Nationals against Desanto you are crazy.

Last edited:
You really don't think he was negatively affected by getting his knee tweaked? Sure he was probably not as hurt as he thought, but having watched him his whole life I feel he really did think his season was over. I get that we like to pile on Iowa here and especially Destanto. but if you think RBY is not going to be in for a dog fight at Big Tens and Nationals against Desanto you are crazy.
What I think is DeSanto will wrestle RBY with a high pace and push for a dump tie up, but he may be reluctant to shoot a single. I also expect if RBY locks a cradle up he is going to scream "my knee, my knee".

You really don't think he was negatively affected by getting his knee tweaked? Sure he was probably not as hurt as he thought, but having watched him his whole life I feel he really did think his season was over. I get that we like to pile on Iowa here and especially Destanto, but if you think RBY is not in for a dog fight at Big Tens and Nationals against Desanto you are crazy.

You've watched DeSantos his whole life? Well, I've seen enough of him in the last 3 years to know that he doesn't deserve the benefit of the doubt.

If you've watched him his whole life and have that feeling, my conclusion is that you are an Iowa fan or a family member/close friend/coach.

A lot of us in PA have watched much of his career - me since he was in about 7th grade - and I'd say my admittedly limited sampling on this from fellow wrestling fans has it about 100% feeling something different than he legitimately "(thought) his season was over." Mostly just shrugging shoulders and saying it is what it is. The best predictor of future behavior is past behavior.

Agree that this has been beaten to death and is long past time to move on. Again, it is what it is and the only thing that is a "clown show" ;) is the mental gymnastics some perform about it.

Last edited:
I didn’t see anything wrong with the Brands interview. I think the frankness and openness is refreshing.

Great interview. Think outside of that box!
Love it. Wild crazy rambling, yet I get it. AD has always had issues, probably always will. Glad he gets a lot of support. Most folks never thought he would get this far.

He sucked down his senior year for a shot at Spencer when it would have been so easy to choose a different path.

Love it. Wild crazy rambling, yet I get it. AD has always had issues, probably always will. Glad he gets a lot of support. Most folks never thought he would get this far.

He sucked down his senior year for a shot at Spencer when it would have been so easy to choose a different path.
He is truly one of a kind. Maverick

Reactions: SRATH
Great. Come on now what was great about it other than it being entertaining
What more do you want? Would you rather watch them interview a doorknob? Brands is great. Very animated and passionate about wrestling and he let's us feel his emotions when he speaks. I love it

What more do you want? Would you rather watch them interview a doorknob? Brands is great. Very animated and passionate about wrestling and he let's us feel his emotions when he speaks. I love it
Have to admit while I'm glad we have Cael at the helm I do find Brand's interviews refreshing and informative.

I didn't see anything wrong there. Has something new happened with Desanto after the injury?

There were some extra curriculars after his match against the kid from Minnesota.

Just some pushing and shoving.

They were very, very minor.

Much like his knee "injury."

It's hard to argue with Brands's point that DeSanto has to be careful not to let his opponents provoke him into doing something that's going to get him DQ'd from the post season.

Reactions: danoftw and El-Jefe
I respect Brands for not running from a topic that’s usually avoided. Not saying it was a polished response, but I get it.
I agree 100% I applaud him for this. Sometimes ids need these and if desanto cant handle these comments change your ways so these things aren’t talked about

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT