ADVERTISEMENT

Death Match: Comcast vs. Big Ten Network & Fox Sports

There's no dispute. Comcast is under contract to carry B10 for another month. They're in negotiations for a new contract, and B10 is now taking those negotiations public in an obvious shakedown attempt.

It' won't "drag on for years." Anyone seriously think Delany is gonna let this football season lose that many TVs?

Those of us outside of the Big Ten footprint have already been screwed by this. Outside of those states, BTN is already off the Comcast airwaves, and being that my development has an exclusive with Comcast, the only option would be to move.

Those of us outside of the Big Ten footprint have already been screwed by this. Outside of those states, BTN is already off the Comcast airwaves, and being that my development has an exclusive with Comcast, the only option would be to move.

That can't be entirely true because I live in Virginia and have Comcast and still get BTN.

You guys really should switch to streaming services like PS Vue or YouTube TV and leave this nonsense behind.

You guys really should switch to streaming services like PS Vue or YouTube TV and leave this nonsense behind.
Don’t be so naïve. Those company’s also need agreements to air the content. They just aren’t in negotiations right now.

That can't be entirely true because I live in Virginia and have Comcast and still get BTN.

Hi NoVa, you might have coverage because your in the UMD television market whereas SHP and others may not be outside of a B1G TV market.

I dropped comcast over a year ago and have been streaming Youtubetv. It is $35. a month and they have BTN as well as many other sports providers, all with great quality and unlimited recording ability. Plus they carry CBS, NBC & ABC.

Don’t be so naïve. Those company’s also need agreements to air the content. They just aren’t in negotiations right now.

No contracts. Don't like what's on Vue - switch to Youtube. Or Sling. Or Hulu. All the competition is in streaming right now so that's where you can get what you want. Cable model is outdated and dying.

Reactions: Bob_Anderson
Hi NoVa, you might have coverage because your in the UMD television market whereas SHP and others may not be outside of a B1G TV market.

Sure hope that is true as otherwise I will miss a lot of PSU football games. I know a lot of family and friends that live in MD that only know they have BTN because I told them they did after UMD joined the BIG. Maybe the counties in Northern VA are considered part of BIG territory. There are certainly a LOT of PSU grads/fans here.

Sure hope that is true as otherwise I will miss a lot of PSU football games. I know a lot of family and friends that live in MD that only know they have BTN because I told them they did after UMD joined the BIG. Maybe the counties in Northern VA are considered part of BIG territory. There are certainly a LOT of PSU grads/fans here.
when I had comcast in Richmond BTN was $$ extra but came with the basic FIOS package!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT