Another look at Durham/Fox

bourbon n blues

Nov 20, 2019
That’s because you just don’t get it and likely never will.

You don’t like Trump and wouldn’t vote for him, and that’s fine. But you continue to go after Trump with much more enthusiasm or zeal all the time as of somehow Trump represents the true character of Republican party, but yet you don’t go after anyone on the left with the same enthusiasm or zeal, even though they lie, distort the truth, act in a hypocritical and intellectually dishonest and self serving manner, have and have been every bit if no more divisive than Trump ever was. And most disturbing, and despite your denials, is that you give them a pass. Then you call yourself a Republican and portray yourself in a self righteous manner. Good grief, what the hell do you expect.

This isn’t about Trump and never was. It’s , about the policies and direction of the country as well as the breathtaking corruption in our government and abuse of the tax payers and citizens of this country. No matter how you slice it, you have two choices when determining the direction of this country. You can vote for Republicans or Democrats, as independent candidates are not going to be a factor other than to make you feel good that you didn’t vote for a person you don’t like.

If you actually believe that Biden, Harris, Clinton, or any Democrat is less of a liar, are more honest, or that they somehow possess a moral character that is better than Trump, then there is a bridge I want to sell you. In fact, in my view, they are even worse because there much more devious and self righteousness than Trump. At least with Trump, he doesn’t present himself as an angel and then stab you in the back.
1. He's lying.
2. He's deluded and not a decent or rational person.

fbh1

Gold Member
Jan 17, 2002
Bellefonte, PA
But let’s move past that.

What should be the principles?

What if Trump is on pace with one month to go to win in 2024? Should lying be permitted to stop that?

What if the majority of citizens want someone who will shrink the federal government by 70% and Trump actually takes action to do that?

Should the federal bureaucracy be able to stop him because they know better than the citizens?
My problem is with Trump. I have never liked him and I have my reasons. I will support almost any other republican candidate that runs. I am not opposed to shrinking the size of the federal government, lowering taxes, etc. Although my party didn't even take the time or effort to develop a platform, I would suspect that I am still on board with many of the basic philosophies of the party. I just hope that it is not Trump that is leading the party again.

I have very strong beliefs concerning his role in the riot as well as the purpose of the Jan. 6 riot. I could develop a list that would include dozens of reasons that I dislike Trump. As an example, I also heard the tape that was made by Raffensperger of Trump pleading, coercing and even threatening him to find phantom 11,780 votes so he could win the election in Georgia. How do you justify a president that does that? This phone call represents exactly who I think Donald Trump is. A ruthless, self-centered egotist that will do anything to get what he wants. It is and always has been about benefiting him... I believe he has always been that person. As a result I am not comfortable with someone like that running our country. Even if it means putting up with Biden for 3 more years. My hope is that we find a capable alternative to run in 2024. If that happens, that person will get my support and vote.

bourbon n blues

Nov 20, 2019

You don’t like Trump and wouldn’t vote for him, and that’s fine. But you continue to go after Trump with much more enthusiasm or zeal all the time as of somehow Trump represents the true character of Republican party, but yet you don’t go after anyone on the left with the same enthusiasm or zeal, even though they lie, distort the truth, act in a hypocritical and intellectually dishonest and self serving manner, have and have been every bit if no more divisive than Trump ever was. And most disturbing, and despite your denials, is that you give them a pass. Then you call yourself a Republican and portray yourself in a self righteous manner. Good grief, what the hell do you expect.

This isn’t about Trump and never was. It’s , about the policies and direction of the country as well as the breathtaking corruption in our government and abuse of the tax payers and citizens of this country. No matter how you slice it, you have two choices when determining the direction of this country. You can vote for Republicans or Democrats, as independent candidates are not going to be a factor other than to make you feel good that you didn’t vote for a person you don’t like.

If you actually believe that Biden, Harris, Clinton, or any Democrat is less of a liar, are more honest, or that they somehow possess a moral character that is better than Trump, then there is a bridge I want to sell you. In fact, in my view, they are even worse because there much more devious and self righteousness than Trump. At least with Trump, he doesn’t present himself as an angel and then stab you in the back.
It's all policy for me. Trump's policies were better than Biden's

It's all policy for me Trump was superior in every way compared to this current potato head. The man was obviously mentally compromised two years ago , something any thinking person should have seen.

Reactions: psuted

PSUEngineer89

Aug 14, 2021
My problem is with Trump. I have never liked him and I have my reasons. I will support almost any other republican candidate that runs. I am not opposed to shrinking the size of the federal government, lowering taxes, etc. Although my party didn't even take the time or effort to develop a platform, I would suspect that I am still on board with many of the basic philosophies of the party. I just hope that it is not Trump that is leading the party again.

I have very strong beliefs concerning his role in the riot as well as the purpose of the Jan. 6 riot. I could develop a list that would include dozens of reasons that I dislike Trump. As an example, I also heard the tape that was made by Raffensperger of Trump pleading, coercing and even threatening him to find phantom 11,780 votes so he could win the election in Georgia. How do you justify a president that does that? This phone call represents exactly who I think Donald Trump is. A ruthless, self-centered egotist that will do anything to get what he wants. It is and always has been about benefiting him... I believe he has always been that person. As a result I am not comfortable with someone like that running our country. Even if it means putting up with Biden for 3 more years. My hope is that we find a capable alternative to run in 2024. If that happens, that person will get my support and vote.

So Thomas Massie or Rand Paul would be your guys then.

Reactions: bourbon n blues

PSUEngineer89

Aug 14, 2021

It’s hard for me to think Trump was saying anything other than it’s your job to find that number of fraudulent votes,

I think that’s reasonable because, for the first time ever, they stopped counting for a fake water leak.

Completely reasonable for him to think there was fraud, right, my fellow republican?

fbh1

Gold Member
Jan 17, 2002
Bellefonte, PA
It’s hard for me to think Trump was saying anything other than it’s your job to find that number of fraudulent votes,

I think that’s reasonable because, for the first time ever, they stopped counting for a fake water leak.

Completely reasonable for him to think there was fraud, right, my fellow republican?
You didn’t hear coercion? I heard him threaten criminal consequences for not doing the “right thing. I felt really bad for Raff…. because it was obvious his hands were tied. The results were audited several times and there was very little that could be done to contest the results and yet Trump ( who he supported) was intimidating him. Not sure how you could be okay with that.

PSUEngineer89

Aug 14, 2021
You didn’t hear coercion? I heard him threaten criminal consequences for not doing the “right thing. I felt really bad for Raff…. because it was obvious his hands were tied. The results were audited several times and there was very little that could be done to contest the results and yet Trump ( who he supported) was intimidating him. Not sure how you could be okay with that.
It’s hard for me to worry about coercion when I think I was cheated.

In fact, I felt that Raff was simply being weak, not principled.

How, as a Republican, you wanted Georgia to stand after the lies about a leaking pipe, seems hard to fathom.

In general, when someone lies to you to get a benefit, are you not then suspicious?

bourbon n blues

Nov 20, 2019

There were too many flags , there was definitely fraud.

bourbon n blues

Nov 20, 2019
I think so too.

But at a minimum, anyone who doesn’t understand why Trump thinks he was cheated seems hard to understand.
They're either statistically illiterate, dishonest, partisan, or a combination of both. I did mention how my friend was investigating fraud in Maricopa county and found an abandoned, foreclosed shack with over 50 registered voters.
There's no reason for that other than fraud.
Then we have the tens of thousands of one vote for Biden ballots in the state of Georgia. In a certain metro area . Obviously it's easier to manufacture one vote ballots vs 9,10 vote ballots. The numbers of ballots like these was over 100:1 in Biden's favor
Then we had the counting stop late at night with Trump well ahead and we'll, you know.
The bellwether counties going in Trump's favor 18:1. And more. When all the anomalies favor one candidate there's something fishy.

fbh1

Gold Member
Jan 17, 2002
Bellefonte, PA
I think so too.

But at a minimum, anyone who doesn’t understand why Trump thinks he was cheated seems hard to understand.
So in your way of thinking… he should have simply made up or disqualified the votes needed. Don’t you need to prove what is being done as lawful? He was “weak” because he didn’t do something… anything… even if he didn’t have a legal basis to do so. It takes more than thinking you were cheated… you have to be able to prove it. Something that still hasn’t happened more than a year after the election.

junior1

May 29, 2001
There you go labeling me as a Democrat again. Why? because I don't agree with you. When you have little to add, you always do what you do best... label... or in this case miss-label. You have such tunnel vision you wouldn't know or recognize the truth if you fell over it. You won't even consider anything that opposes your preconceived beliefs. I don't believe that Trump should ever be considered to be president again... I must be a Democrat. That is exactly the problem I was referring to... tunnel vision.
well, I'm an independent, and I don't think Trump should be President again. Maybe not for reasons you might think,
By the way, obstructing what the opposing party's president wants to accomplish is not restricted to republicans. Look at Harry Reid, senate majority leader of the senate during Bush's regime.
It used to be that both party's members had some semblance of respect for each other (publicly and privately) and the guiding objective was completing what was best for the american people. Tip o'Neil and ronald reagan accomplished things collectively, same for Clinton and Gingrich.
Don't forget the investigation of his innauguration cmte
How about 1/6 and all that insurrection stuff - civil cases against him personally approved today
if republicns regain control of the house, McCarthy wants to continue the Jan 6 investigation - only now under republican leadership. I'd imagine the direction of that committee will not be to your liking

PSUEngineer89

Aug 14, 2021
So in your way of thinking… he should have simply made up or disqualified the votes needed. Don’t you need to prove what is being done as lawful? He was “weak” because he didn’t do something… anything… even if he didn’t have a legal basis to do so. It takes more than thinking you were cheated… you have to be able to prove it. Something that still hasn’t happened more than a year after the election.

The reason we hate each other is that you strongly suspect that there was cheating, but will avoid it.

Instead, you say I must prove it.

When they stopped counting for a falsified broken pipe, I no longer had the burden of proof. The people who lied can now be assumed to be cheating and must prove they’re not.

bourbon n blues

Nov 20, 2019
I think so too.

You'll appreciate these links, Larry is an account with auditing experience ( a sci fi / action novelist these days, maybe the best selling current sci fi writer at this time )

Enjoy.

lurkerlion

Aug 2, 2011

The problem is not how you describe Trump. The problem is that you could replace his name with the name of just about any other politician in DC and be accurate.

Hillary was just worse than Trump in my opinion. I don’t fault anyone who thinks the opposite.

Hillary made the mistake of letting us know that she didn’t like us deplorables. She also made it clear that she believed in the two coast economy with the flyovers being irrelevant.

Trump somehow tapped into the working person demo. My theory is that he only cares for people who care for him. As his popularity grew in the non elite demos, he genuinely began to care about them. For better or worse, his narcissism brought about this result. Union heads hated Trump; union members began to like him. Democrats still don’t seem to understand this phenomenon. Biden sure doesn‘t get it.

junior1

May 29, 2001
There you go labeling me as a Democrat again. Why? because I don't agree with you. When you have little to add, you always do what you do best... label... or in this case miss-label. You have such tunnel vision you wouldn't know or recognize the truth if you fell over it. You won't even consider anything that opposes your preconceived beliefs. I don't believe that Trump should ever be considered to be president again... I must be a Democrat. That is exactly the problem I was referring to... tunnel vision.
well, I'm an independent, and I don't think Trump should be President again. Maybe not for reasons you might think,
By the way, obstructing what the opposing party's president wants to accomplish is not restricted to republicans. Look at Harry Reid, senate majority leader of the senate during Bush's regime.
It used to be that both party's members had some semblance of respect for each other (publicly and privately) and the guiding objective was completing what was best for the american people. Tip o'Neil and ronald reagan accomplished things collectively, same for Clinton and Gingrich. Not so much since

psuted

Gold Member
Nov 26, 2010
It's all policy for me. Trump's policies were better than Biden's

It's all policy for me Trump was superior in every way compared to this current potato head. The man was obviously mentally compromised two years ago , something any thinking person should have seen.

Exactly, and for the sake of my kids and grandkids, I support policies and the direction i think this country should pursue and that’s NOT ANYTHING that the current Democrat party is pushing.

As for “Trump the man”, I have mixed feeling on whether he should run only because I want to see the Democrat Party burned to the ground and rebuilt from the ground up, and I’m not sure how many “wishy washy” voters would get their panties in a bunch and oppose him vs how many voters would not vote for Republicans should he not run. On one hand, I liked his policies and the direction he was taking this country. On the other hand, and like many others, I didn’t necessarily like his interpersonal approach and his abrasive and aggressive personality, but in fairness to Trump, I think that‘s actually why he was able to cut through the BS, and get things done as well. Unfortunately, I think Trumps ”wrecking ball” approach is what our federal government has needed for many years and I’m just not sure any other Republican will challenge the status quo like Trump did. I also like the way he took on the MSM and brought out their true agenda, and how they constantly discredited themselves and lost significant viewership because of their hatred toward Trump. The MSM is and has been an arm of the Democrat Party and an enemy of the truth and the American people. The MSM needs to be CONTINUOUSLY exposed and discredited for the lies and distortions they constantly peddle.

One thing for sure, and with or without Trump, I‘ll support the entire Republican ticket, even a “Trump Light” watered down version. And especially anyone that supports Trumps policies, changes the status quo in Washington and cleans out the swamp, and STRONGLY calls out the MSM for their breathtaking dishonesty, deceitful reporting, and failure to support the news.

Last edited:
Reactions: PSUEngineer89

fbh1

Gold Member
Jan 17, 2002
Bellefonte, PA
The reason we hate each other is that you strongly suspect that there was cheating, but will avoid it.

Instead, you say I must prove it.

When they stopped counting for a falsified broken pipe, I no longer had the burden of proof. The people who lied can now be assumed to be cheating and must prove they’re not.
The law says that you have to prove it. If you believe in the rule of law... just believing something isn't enough. I've seen several intensive investigations concerning the election. The investigation that that I believe to be among the most credible was conducted by Mitre Corporation. Do yourself a favor and read their 42 page report about any and all the possible ways that the election could have been stolen. It takes apart every claim, analyzes the claim and comes out with a conclusion regarding the validity of the assertion. Ultimately it concludes that there was not enough fraud possible to materially effect the outcome of the election. Mitre is and always has been a bipartisan business entity. They are very widely regarded for their work with our military, etc. I have no reason to question their findings. Look them up if you have doubts about them.

PSUEngineer89

Aug 14, 2021
The law says that you have to prove it. If you believe in the rule of law... just believing something isn't enough. I've seen several intensive investigations concerning the election. The investigation that that I believe to be among the most credible was conducted by Mitre Corporation. Do yourself a favor and read their 42 page report about any and all the possible ways that the election could have been stolen. It takes apart every claim, analyzes the claim and comes out with a conclusion regarding the validity of the assertion. Ultimately it concludes that there was not enough fraud possible to materially effect the outcome of the election. Mitre is and always has been a bipartisan business entity. They are very widely regarded for their work with our military, etc. I have no reason to question their findings. Look them up if you have doubts about them.
Then Trump won Pennsylvania, and any other state that changed the election laws without legislative voting.

And that's it. Because you believe the rule of law.

So, don't decry the hatred then.

mijowe

Aug 6, 2021
Then Trump won Pennsylvania, and any other state that changed the election laws without legislative voting.

Why would trump just automatically win those states?

fbh1

Gold Member
Jan 17, 2002
Bellefonte, PA

Not according to the court....

dailybuck777

Jan 2, 2018

With respect to the Georgia tape, I read the transcript. The left has totally misconstrued what happened. Trump was making stupid arguments like because he had bigger rallies he had to have more votes. Wouldn't listen to reason about why his arguments were incorrect. He wasn't asking that the votes be miscounted he was just saying from the bigger picture (which was stupid) he had to have the votes and that the votes were miscounted against him. Typical Trump stupidity and stubbornness, but he wasn't asking for fraudulent votes.

PSUEngineer89

Aug 14, 2021
With respect to the Georgia tape, I read the transcript. The left has totally misconstrued what happened. Trump was making stupid arguments like because he had bigger rallies he had to have more votes. Wouldn't listen to reason about why his arguments were incorrect. He wasn't asking that the votes be miscounted he was just saying from the bigger picture (which was stupid) he had to have the votes and that the votes were miscounted against him. Typical Trump stupidity and stubbornness, but he wasn't asking for fraudulent votes.
[/QUOT

Of course. Fbh1 knows it too.

fbh1

Gold Member
Jan 17, 2002
Bellefonte, PA
Judges don’t get to simply say I cannot read.

Your dishonest insistence is why we hate each other.
You realize that Act 77 which allowed for the mail-in ballots passed without much dissention from a republican majority PA legislature. It wasn't until Trump lost the election that it became an issue raised by some of the very same republican legislators that voted for the bill originally.

I didn't realize that I hated you. Obviously you must hate me because I don't share your opinions... I do feel sorry for you that you are so narrow minded to those that have different opinions. In fact, I kind of enjoy some of our discussions. I'm always interested in how the other side sees things. That's why I participate on these boards.

fbh1

Gold Member
Jan 17, 2002
Bellefonte, PA

I don't see how you can watch this 13 minute video of an interview with Raffensperger and his assistant Gabriel Sterling that also includes portions of Trump's actual taped message, and misconstrue anything. Please remember that both Raffensperger and Sterling are Republicans that voted and supported Trump. Doesn't even bother you that at the end of the video, Trump actually threatens Raff with potential criminal consequences? I dare you to listen to the tape again and draw any other conclusion. Raff certainly knew what he was being asked to do. As Sterling stated, they went back as part of one of the audits and did a total hand count audit of the more than 5 million ballots and found practically no difference in the results. Again, you may think Trump's actions were totally okay... I think that they should be considered for what they are... This whole incident serves as a reminder of what Trump is willing to do to win. I hope the DA in Georgia eventually finds Trump's actions to be illegal, but if they don't act on this... it doesn't take a rocket scientist to questions Trump's ethics.

PSUEngineer89

Aug 14, 2021

I don't see how you can watch this 13 minute video of an interview with Raffensperger and his assistant Gabriel Sterling that also includes portions of Trump's actual taped message, and misconstrue anything. Please remember that both Raffensperger and Sterling are Republicans that voted and supported Trump. Doesn't even bother you that at the end of the video, Trump actually threatens Raff with potential criminal consequences? I dare you to listen to the tape again and draw any other conclusion. Raff certainly knew what he was being asked to do. As Sterling stated, they went back as part of one of the audits and did a total hand count audit of the more than 5 million ballots and found practically no difference in the results. Again, you may think Trump's actions were totally okay... I think that they should be considered for what they are... This whole incident serves as a reminder of what Trump is willing to do to win. I hope the DA in Georgia eventually finds Trump's actions to be illegal, but if they don't act on this... it doesn't take a rocket scientist to questions Trump's ethics.
Republicans don’t watch 60 minutes.

dailybuck777

Jan 2, 2018

Interview starts off with stupid biased statement as to why did Trump incite the riot that incurred on January 6th. Just an embarrassment that these people consider themselves to be journalists.

fbh1

Gold Member
Jan 17, 2002
Bellefonte, PA
Republicans don’t watch 60 minutes.
I'll be you I can find other republicans that watch 60 Minutes sometimes.... Besides, what does that have to do with the actual subject of the interview? Did you watch it or do just want to close your eyes and deny what actually happened. Its pretty hard to do when it is right there for you in a video tape. You can tell me that the interview was biased, that 60 minutes is leftist all you want but you can't dispute what both Raff... Sterling and Trump say. Hard to misconstrue any of that.

dailybuck777

Jan 2, 2018

Listened to the first five or six minutes and it is no different from the transcript I read. In fact the transcript presents it more accurately. 60 minutes takes out of context Trump asking for 11,000 votes. He was saying that because he had huge rallies and Biden rallies had about 500 people that he had to one by 50 or 100,000 votes. A stupid argument, but not an argument asking that votes be fraudulently counted. You need to get out of the Leftie bubble of lies and disinformation. The first statement of 60 minutes was ridiculous and no one can expect that it would logically and rationally present what happened. It was simply a typical lefty hit piece.

Sometime in the next couple of days I will do a post on the transcript of Trump's call. It is stupid argument after stupid argument, but it is not a call for fraud to miscount the votes.

PSUEngineer89

Aug 14, 2021
I'll be you I can find other republicans that watch 60 Minutes sometimes.... Besides, what does that have to do with the actual subject of the interview? Did you watch it or do just want to close your eyes and deny what actually happened. Its pretty hard to do when it is right there for you in a video tape. You can tell me that the interview was biased, that 60 minutes is leftist all you want but you can't dispute what both Raff... Sterling and Trump say. Hard to misconstrue any of that.
He wasn’t asking for anything wrong to be done.

As pointed out before, and regardless of what anyone says, once you lie about a leaked pipe as a reason to stop counting, you gain the burden of proof for your innocence.

All honest people agree.

Period.

fbh1

Gold Member
Jan 17, 2002
Bellefonte, PA
Interview starts off with stupid biased statement as to why did Trump incite the riot that incurred on January 6th. Just an embarrassment that these people consider themselves to be journalists.
Don't focus on that statement if it bothers you... focus on what Raff... Sterling... and Trump actually say. Its hard to misconstrue what is happening and what is being said. If you can't even admit as to what Trump was actually saying and trying to accomplish, then there is no reason to continue this. You will only believe what you want to believe. Proof will not matter to you.

PSUEngineer89

Aug 14, 2021
Don't focus on that statement if it bothers you... focus on what Raff... Sterling... and Trump actually say. Its hard to misconstrue what is happening and what is being said. If you can't even admit as to what Trump was actually saying and trying to accomplish, then there is no reason to continue this. You will only believe what you want to believe. Proof will not matter to you.
So you are trusting people who made up a story about a busted pipe, right.

That’s your argument?

fbh1

Gold Member
Jan 17, 2002
Bellefonte, PA
He wasn’t asking for anything wrong to be done.

As pointed out before, and regardless of what anyone says, once you lie about a leaked pipe as a reason to stop counting, you gain the burden of proof for your innocence.

All honest people agree.

Period.
I believe the issue of the leaked pipe was addressed by Sterling... He also stated that they ended up doing a totally conducted hand count of the ballots with no difference in the results. Did you take the time and/or effort to watch the video? Don't you think that having two loyal republicans make these accusations while offering proof through the tape that was recorded should be pretty convincing? I commend both Raffensperger and Sterling for doing their jobs and not allowing Trump to intimidate them into doing something not only unethical but also illegal. This video speaks volumes about the character of the man you support.

PSUEngineer89

Aug 14, 2021
Wow, I just watched the first 30 seconds.

The journalist starts off with a lie. I’m done right there.

PSUEngineer89

Aug 14, 2021
I believe the issue of the leaked pipe was addressed by Sterling... He also stated that they ended up doing a totally conducted hand count of the ballots with no difference in the results. Did you take the time and/or effort to watch the video? Don't you think that having two loyal republicans make these accusations while offering proof through the tape that was recorded should be pretty convincing? I commend both Raffensperger and Sterling for doing their jobs and not allowing Trump to intimidate them into doing something not only unethical but also illegal. This video speaks volumes about the character of the man you support.
No, it wasn’t addressed.

There was no reason to stop counting.

No Republican is OK with the massive “stop counting” until 3 am.

So, you are just lying. You might be a registered Republican as a diversionary tactic, but you are a deep blue democrat.

Latest posts