ADVERTISEMENT

Dean Smith treats his former players to Dinner

Wow. Here a guy like Joe was clean as they come in the college game. I guess you did not read the two independent reports on the academic scandal (Martin Report and Weinstein Report) which showed none of his players nor Smith involved. The guy, like Joe was a class act witnessed by all the stories about his caring for his players above all. Your post is the equivalent of the knuckleheads who feel Paterno knew Sandusky was a child molester and chose to ignore it all those years.

I bet you will have one heck of a memorial and many testimonials when you pass away like Dean and Joe.

If I recall correctly, quite a number of years elapsed between Dean Smith's retirement and his death. By virtually all accounts, he was a man of high character. I would need to have pretty clear evidence that academic cheating went on while Smith was coaching, and that he knew about it, in order to post negative comments about him or his legacy.

This post was edited on 3/28 1:09 AM by LafayetteBear

scueng77[/URL] = Jackass!

Know your facts before you post sir.

3dgrin.r191677.gif

Indications suggest that the fake classes at UNC go back to at least 1988. Dean didn't retire until 1997. His administration may very well have spearheaded the whole deal.

This post was edited on 3/30 10:08 AM by troutrus

This post was edited on 3/30 10:09 AM by troutrus

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT