ADVERTISEMENT

DE gonna be RAZOR THIN, next season 😬

Any true or RS Freshmen this year that did not see much playing time and had good recruiting ratings?

Reactions: TheGLOV
Well, there are 7 remaining on the roster. 2 of which, I believe are walk-ons. Maybe they will beef up Luketa and move him to DE.

Smith Vilbert 6’6” 245 RS Fr
Amin Vanover 6’4” 260 Fr
Bryce Mostella 6’7” 235 Fr

Looks like some larger DE’s coming up and they will add weight. Time to step up

Reactions: PearlSUJam
Isaac & Tarburton were both 4* prospects. Is DT much better? Hopefully Mustipher returns but the DL as a whole is certainly a question at this point.

Reactions: TheGLOV
Isaac & Tarburton were both 4* prospects. Is DT much better? Hopefully Mustipher returns but the DL as a whole is certainly a question at this point.

before he went into the portal, i thought Culpepper might be possible. he is bid and physical v the run. he was a 4* DE.

Reactions: TheGLOV and bdgan
I like the idea of moving Beamon over to DE.
Yes, which is why he’s going to play at DT next year, not DE

Beamon was listed as a DE out of H.S., and the staff moved him to DT as he has the frame for it and CJF has a history of moving some bigger DE's to DE to take advantage of their quickness. Beamon is highly unlikely to be moving back to DT.

But another player listed by recruiting services as a DE and that had been slated to move to DT, Vanover (true freshman with 4 more years of eligibility), played some in that last game at both DT and DE. So maybe they try and keep him from bulking up too much this off season and keep him at DE, at least until a few of the younger players recruited in the 2021 and 2022 classes are ready to play.

But I would be very surprised if CJF did not bring in at least 1 more DE in the 2021 class or via the portal.

And the idea of moving one of the bigger LB's to DE may be something the staff tries this Spring, if there are Spring practices. Luketa would seem to be a candidate, as he seems to be very average at playing is space anyway. I don't see Smith moving to DE, but he may move to MLB for 2021, or for 2022, with the very average performance of Brooks and the surplus of outside LB's in Dixon, Jacobs,...

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT