ADVERTISEMENT

David Carr (OH)

Chickenman Testa

Jan 4, 2003
Cael recently followed on Twitter so you know he's circling like a shark.

Only a SO but 2nd ranked at 145. Anyone know what weight range he projects to?

Reactions: lionlover
Last edited:
his brother Nate Carr jr also was a JUCO national champ at Iowa Central before transferring to Iowa State to continue his wrestling career. currently a volunteer assistant at Cornell

His uncle Jimmy reached "full size" pretty early, too. So I wouldn't expect to see a lot of future growth based on lineage - for whatever that is worth, if anything.

His father, after winning 1 PIAA title won 3 NCAA titles. Battling many times Kenny Monday.
I think I read somewhere Kenny has a son similar in age who is pretty good also.

Yeah Monday's son is going to wrestle for unc under Scott.

This kid would be a GREAT addition..His Father was SUPER !!!! I am sure Cael knows his Father well. His Father probably knows how Cael and Casey carries there life on and off the mat...

I have had my eye on this youngster for some time. His pops was one of the really great ones to watch compete. I will continue to hold out hope that he lands in Ames like his dad and older brother. I can't blame any young man for listening and weighing his options when Cael starts sniffing around. We sadly don't offer the same team championship opportunities these days.

Reactions: Sullivan
Might as well have the son of one Cyclone legend wrestling for another Cyclone legend.

The internet is so cloudy/grey in some ways and in others a complete road map.
Yup - Cael doesn't really "waste" time on Twitter. His activity is very limited but most often extremely purposeful.

The athlete equivalent is Suriano.

SWAG Alert: I think a 145 lb sophomore projects to 157/165. Joe Lee is the same weight, same graduating class. Between Joe Lee and Mason Manville, we may not have a need in that range.

Hall and Manville were hardly weights of need either, and yet here they are. That doesn't seem to stop Cael from going after a guy he wants.

Hall and Manville were hardly weights of need either, and yet here they are. That doesn't seem to stop Cael from going after a guy he wants.

IMHO, Hall and Manville will fill positions of need and they slot in rather nicely: Lineup Projection

However, recruiting Nick ("Moderate Snacks"? ) Nevills when we already had Thomas Haines lined up does prove your point, Burnsie.

IMHO, Hall and Manville will fill positions of need and they slot in rather nicely: Lineup Projection

However, recruiting Nick ("Moderate Snacks"? ) Nevills when we already had Thomas Haines lined up does prove your point, Burnsie.
Moss is no slouch so in 2017/2018 it could be Suriano, Cortez, Moss. Obviously all weight contingent.

I don't see Mark Hall ever going 184. He doesn't really have the frame for and his international goals are at 74 kilos, so he'll want to stay around there. He'll never be near big enough to go 86KG.

Nate Carr vs Henry Green is the 2nd greatest match in PIAA history, and it happened at REGIONALS, not states.

Of course we all know the #1 greatest match...

Nate Carr vs Henry Green is the 2nd greatest match in PIAA history, and it happened at REGIONALS, not states.

Of course we all know the #1 greatest match...
Jimmy Carr vs Henry Green at 120 was wrestled @ the Jaffa in 1972.

Nate graduated high school 1979 and won the 145 pound state title.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT