ADVERTISEMENT

Dave Pasch and Bill Walton

PennStateNate

Feb 2, 2014
Easily the best duo to listen to during a college basketball game. Both are knowledgeable and have fun with one another. Walton knows his crap and is off the wall with some of his talk during the game. To bad they are late Pac-12 cause they are better then Schuman, Bilas, and Dickie V.

A lot of people don’t like Walton. Personally, I like something different. We can hear the same cookie cutter in 99% of games, I’m fine with a guy who’s a bit whacky (and it’s genuine).

Today we’d never see a guy like Myron Cope make it.

Yeah, you don’t hear Walton that often because of the late games from out West.

He’s certainly unique.....and the give and take between him and his sidekick is, at least to me, very interesting.....and SO different from anything else out there.

At the same time, no way could I listen to him every week!

Reactions: TheGLOV
Easily the best duo to listen to during a college basketball game. Both are knowledgeable and have fun with one another. Walton knows his crap and is off the wall with some of his talk during the game. To bad they are late Pac-12 cause they are better then Schuman, Bilas, and Dickie V.

Len Elmore is the best ... no bullshit and super nice...

Though I have a friend who has met Walton and he says the same thing.

For me its Elmore then Walton

Being one of the best college players of all time , Walton is positive about almost everything. I find him refreshing because he builds up the players and speaks to their positives even though none of them are as good as he was in his day.

Reactions: Bob78 and TheGLOV
Walton makes a mockery of college basketball announcing. The guy's head is always literally in the clouds and half the time has no idea where he even is. I feel bad for Dave Pasch

Reactions: bison13
Walton makes a mockery of college basketball announcing. The guy's head is always literally in the clouds and half the time has no idea where he even is. I feel bad for Dave Pasch

That's not where Walton's head is.

Oh, it is.

E733t5q.png

I think Bill is awful, 2nd worst to Dick V. When I watch a game I want talk about that game not how those kids compare to UCLA past players, Pasch should get the broadcaster of the year award just for working with him

I think Bill is awful, 2nd worst to Dick V. When I watch a game I want talk about that game not how those kids compare to UCLA past players, Pasch should get the broadcaster of the year award just for working with him

He does talk about the game. He adds a corny side to it. Elmore and Rafferty always talk about the past.

He does talk about the game. He adds a corny side to it. Elmore and Rafferty always talk about the past.
We must watch different games then. Raff yes he does, Elmore very little but Walton its every 2 minutes.To me he lends nothint to the broadcasts, he actually takes away from a good play by play guy in Pasch and makes it abotu himself. Elmore does not do that ever, Raff does some.

Reactions: Art
Walton is a distraction. Every time I watch his games he comes across as the nerdy guy who is trying too hard to be noticed and so much of what he says makes absolutely no sense. He may know basketball, but it never comes across in his broadcast.
I tried to watch the PAC-12 game after the ACC championship game and only lasted a few minutes. His loquacious tangents are too annoying.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT