ADVERTISEMENT

Daniel Cormier accepts head-coaching job with Gilroy High

Gilroy’s principal, Marco Sanchez, quoted in the article, is a former Olympic wrestler. You see him at wrestling tournaments. Jesse Delgado, among other notables, came out of the Gilroy program.

Cormier will have to work hard and maintain the quality of the program, or people will notice.

Reactions: Cali_Nittany
The garlic capital of America, and, hence, the stinkiest city in America. A permanent stench that is almost unbearable. My parents lived there for two years, during my mom's last two years at IBM.

The garlic capital of America, and, hence, the stinkiest city in America. A permanent stench that is almost unbearable. My parents lived there for two years, during my mom's last two years at IBM.

You deserve a permanent ban for equating garlic to stench. If you want true stench, try any town next to a pulp/paper mill.

garlic_is_awesome_postcard-rd7029d51f9844afd8f088659368fa71c_vgbaq_8byvr_324.jpg

use to hate driving by Tyrone in the day...

Same here. As a kid we made the drive from SC to Pittsburgh 4-6 times a year back in the 1960s. Smell from the paper mill has been gone from Tyrone for a long time now. Early 70s I believe.

You deserve a permanent ban for equating garlic to stench. If you want true stench, try any town next to a pulp/paper mill.

garlic_is_awesome_postcard-rd7029d51f9844afd8f088659368fa71c_vgbaq_8byvr_324.jpg
Roaring Spring Pa. used to stink up the entire valley for miles. You could buy a 3-4 bedroom brick house near the paper mill for 15,000.00 not too long ago.

The last time I drove through Johnsonburg Pa on my way to Niagara Falls on 219 North ( which I did more than a dozen times )........it was bad enough to hide any fart ( or worse ) you could possibly produce. There was a Burger King right across the road from the plant.......can't imagine how they survived :)

Last edited:
Same here. As a kid we made the drive from SC to Pittsburgh 4-6 times a year back in the 1960s. Smell from the paper mill has been gone from Tyrone for a long time now. Early 70s I believe.

I got a job in the Altoona area in 79-80 and the smell was gone from Tyrone at that time.......but definitely not from Roaring Spring.

I was born and raised in Tyrone. It never smelled in my lifetime (that I remember) and I was born in 76. The one in Roaring Springs smelled horrible though.

I grew up in Osterburg, which is across Brumbaugh Mtn from the Cove. There were times when the humidity and winds were right that we could smell the Roaring Spring paper mill at my house. Our barn usually smelled better.

Oh, yes, I'm the biggest garlic lover on this site, but when it's growing in mass in fields around a community, you won't like the smell very much.

Give it a whirl sometime and report back to us. ;)

Oh, yes, I'm the biggest garlic lover on this site, but when it's growing in mass in fields around a community, you won't like the smell very much.

Give it a whirl sometime and report back to us. ;)

I have garlic in my veins. Vampires (and hardly anyone else) don't come near me. :rolleyes:

I lived in San Jose for several years so I'm quite familiar (and fond) of Gilroy.

I grew up in Osterburg, which is across Brumbaugh Mtn from the Cove. There were times when the humidity and winds were right that we could smell the Roaring Spring paper mill at my house. Our barn usually smelled better.

I am quite familiar with Osterburg. Went to the Chiropracter there and had many Ox roast sandwiches at the Ball Field :)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT