ADVERTISEMENT

Dan Patrick Reporting Mutual Interest Franklin and U$C

I see where you are coming from, but just dont agree. Thoughts like this, IMO, is why Al Golden gets more chances or why Derek Mason will get another chance......I would rather go with the young upcomer.
Al Golden might get hired again by Temple to rebuild their
program for a second time after Carey is done running it into the ground.

I see where you are coming from, but just dont agree. Thoughts like this, IMO, is why Al Golden gets more chances or why Derek Mason will get another chance......I would rather go with the young upcomer.
If an AD hires someone with significant experience and recent success, and it doesn’t work out, it’s survivable. If they hire someone without enough experience and it doesn’t work out, that on the AD.

Reactions: Texas Lion
If an AD hires someone with significant experience and recent success, and it doesn’t work out, it’s survivable. If they hire someone without enough experience and it doesn’t work out, that on the AD.

And that determination is made exactly by whom?

Have you been to India?
There is nowhere in the world that is unlivable if you have enough money.
iu

Franklin understands leverage. We are about 8-10 weeks away from announcing a capital improvement project for Beaver Stadium.
Dead on. James knows he has the perfect job and the $ go along way in State College. Not sure he’s looking for money out of this but he has some very talented coaches including a RB coach that he wants to hang onto. He’ll play this well for capital investment and raises for a few staff members

Dead on. James knows he has the perfect job and the $ go along way in State College. Not sure he’s looking for money out of this but he has some very talented coaches including a RB coach that he wants to hang onto. He’ll play this well for capital investment and raises for a few staff members

Capital investment? Let's see:

a. latest chapter in the never-ending Lasch renovation sage was approved earlier this year;

b. study to determine the future of Beaver Stadium commenced four months ago.

So where does Franklin need leverage for facilities? Shit, Brandon Short cheerleading for PSU to run up debt to stratospheric levels for athletic facilties is as predictable as diarrhea.

Until it effects team performance or recruiting I'm not sure there's a reason for him to say anything like that. It would make us fans feel better but I'm not sure what other benefit there is. If he thinks he can get facility upgrades or more money for assistants by keeping his name out there without it effecting the team or recruits, then have had it James. You do you. But once it causes a problem that he can't manage then he's gotta shut it down.
You may be dismissing the long term effect and value of alumni support. If his shtick wears thin, then he gets no grace when there is a rough patch in the W column.
I have no idea if he is playing games with Sandy, trolling the media, or open to other jobs, but if he wants to be here, he better be sure he doesn't overplay his hand with the people that pay for Sandy's hopes and dreams.

CJF isn't going anywhere. He's a Pennsylvania boy with a Pennsylvania heart. He does however understand that the more he is coveted, the more bargaining power he has. In the end he will turn down the USC job and he'll get some kind of benefit for the program or the staff as a result.

We should be grateful that Fordham doesn't play Div 1 football, because NYC is a great place to live and CJF would no doubt jump at the chance

So you thinks it’s wise to hire someone like Joe Brady, with very limited experience?

How does what I think a coaching candidate's qualifications and experience have anything to do with an AD's responsibility for a bad hiring decision, assuming the AD made the decision in the first place?

In the end, James need to make his pants-wearing spouse happy. Fumi likes accumulating expensive real estate and SoCal is the perfect place for her to add to her portfolio.

I'll stop now.

How does what I think a coaching candidate's qualifications and experience have anything to do with an AD's responsibility for a bad hiring decision, assuming the AD made the decision in the first place?
Because that was the bad hiring decision that was being debated…

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT