ADVERTISEMENT

Cynthia Baldwin D Board Hearing in Pittsburgh

Like mother like daughter?

2003 - Crystal Baldwin kills teenager pedestrian in traffic accident; was driving on suspended license
http://triblive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/news/regional/s_151418.html

2017 - Cynthia Baldwin kills motorcyclist; issued three tickets & $300 in fines; family wants harsher penalty
http://www.wpxi.com/news/top-stories/family-wants-harsher-penalty-for-fatal-crash/525862006

And that's not even the worst thing she has done that involved driving.

Reactions: 91Joe95
I have long been of the opinion that it was Baldwin that instructed people to not cooperate with the investigation. I'm not saying people followed those instructions.

Reactions: Zenophile and Bob78
Why is it so important to some people to continue to claim that Freeh did not discover the emails independently? Whenever I see this I suspect that there's some sinister agenda. I don't know what that is, but it diminishes their credibility. It it just simply a hatred of Freeh? It's odd.
As others have already said; why lie? and if he did lie, how can any other comments he made be considered credible?

But I feel like Freeh's claim made it look like CS&S were hiding the file and his super genius found it. As such, in hiding the notes, they were engaged in a conspiracy to cover up the 2001 event. In fact, the file was in Schultz' old office as he was already retired.

As others have already said; why lie? and if he did lie, how can any other comments he made be considered credible?

But I feel like Freeh's claim made it look like CS&S were hiding the file and his super genius found it. As such, in hiding the notes, they were engaged in a conspiracy to cover up the 2001 event. In fact, the file was in Schultz' old office as he was already retired.

Well nobody ever called freeh out on that, so it kinda worked out for him. Ol' Quasimodo took psu to the woodshed, and psu encouraged it.

Reactions: nits74 and 91Joe95
Well nobody ever called freeh out on that, so it kinda worked out for him. Ol' Quasimodo took psu to the woodshed, and psu encouraged it.

Forgetting about MBNA - was Frazier unaware of Freeh’s investigatory history? FIFA? Bandar bin Sultan? Nasser Kazeminy?
I think not. #theyknewwhattheywerebuying

1) Whore out credential of "Former Judge and FBI Director"
2) Collect big check
3) Do a half-assed "investigation"
4) Reach whatever "conclusions" the folks who signed the check want.

It's a hell of a business plan.

And the folks in charge - Frazier, Corbett, etc - most certainly knew exactly what they were buying...….. ain't no one THAT stupid or oblivious.

It was nice that they gave her a reserved parking spot for her hand slapping hearing.

stock-photo-crime-scene-chalk-outline-of-a-victim-under-a-wheel-on-a-tarmac-road-for-the-concept-victim-of-a-483157870.jpg

Forgetting about MBNA - was Frazier unaware of Freeh’s investigatory history? FIFA? Bandar bin Sultan? Nasser Kazeminy?
I think not. #theyknewwhattheywerebuying

1) Whore out credential of "Former Judge and FBI Director"
2) Collect big check
3) Do a half-assed "investigation"
4) Reach whatever "conclusions" the folks who signed the check want.

It's a hell of a business plan.

And the folks in charge - Frazier, Corbett, etc - most certainly knew exactly what they were buying...….. ain't no one THAT stupid or oblivious.
I still wonder what the report would have looked like if Chertoff's group (that was qualified) would look like with the same...............work product. I think it is reasonable to conclude the result...........might have been different. Did anyone ever see the RFP and the contract response from Freeh and Chertoff? I know..............Frazier.............winged it.

Reactions: 91Joe95 and Bob78
Did anyone ever see the RFP and the contract response from Freeh and Chertoff? I know..............Frazier.............winged it.

Paging JimmyW…..

I know Ive seen the contract w Freeh..... I expect most did back in the day.

It was comical - and looked like it was put together by a class of elementary school kids, seriously.

Truly stunning it was (in best Yoda-voice :) )…..
Especially when one considers the SUPPOSED position and status of the folks involved.

Reactions: 91Joe95 and Bob78
I still wonder what the report would have looked like if Chertoff's group (that was qualified) would look like with the same...............work product. I think it is reasonable to conclude the result...........might have been different. Did anyone ever see the RFP and the contract response from Freeh and Chertoff? I know..............Frazier.............winged it.

Would you be surprised if a formal RFP was never done?

Why do an RFP? The board was looking for someone that would finger the Administration and JoePa to a) justify their hasty actions, b) avoid further scrutiny of their paltry actions and c) give TSM time to cover their tracks (along with the Gov who's lack of oversight for a major charity is stunning).

There really was only one RFP question: Mr. Freeh, will you find bazzilions of evidence through coercion and intimidation and then align it to support our foregone conclusions?

By the ncaa?
Freeh had guidance from Fina (OAG), NCAA, and certain trustees. He needed to stay in his lane and parrot the prosecutor's and be certain to leave enough crumbs for Emmert to feast on. He was in constant contact with both. I think Keith Masser told us everything we needed to know when he uttered "the report is going to be hard on Joe....." long before anyone "saw" the report.
ps the recent administrative moves in response to Poole's retirement, should leave no doubt that what the OGBOT are guarding is not "The Lion." At the very least there are very embarrassing facts being hidden.....and its likely something more.

Surprised?

I think anyone would be shocked if one WAS ever done. (hell, the CONTRACT itself looked like the "work product" of a sloppy clerk)

In fact, I believe it was relatively widely known - certainly publicly known - that Beetlejuice Frazier just met Freeh in his DC Office for an interview - and then he was hired (with the known Cabal of malfeasants looped in to the awarding of the Seal of Approval)

ps the recent administrative moves in response to Poole's retirement, should leave no doubt that what the OGBOT are guarding is not "The Lion." At the very least there are very embarrassing facts being hidden.....and its likely something more.

The OGBOT? Sure.....
But we know there are only two folks (IIRC) left from the 2011 BOT. Right?

Can anyone name ONE person with standing - from 2011 through Today - who is NOT committed to the "hiding of the facts/truth"?
Aside from any particular so-called "truths" that aid and abet their self-interests?

Bueller? Bueller? Anyone?

Paging JimmyW…..

I know Ive seen the contract w Freeh..... I expect most did back in the day.

It was comical - and looked like it was put together by a class of elementary school kids, seriously.

Truly stunning it was (in best Yoda-voice :) )…..
Especially when one considers the SUPPOSED position and status of the folks involved.

Freeh's Engagement Letter?
It's kinda tough to find a working link these days... but this one should work:
http://web.archive.org/web/20130319...tent/FreehSporkinSullivanEngagementLetter.pdf

I have long been of the opinion that it was Baldwin that instructed people to not cooperate with the investigation. I'm not saying people followed those instructions.

She's a puppet. I don't know who the masters are but her failure to do her duty to uphold the law is the reason PSU has been through the wringer. This person should have never been allowed to acquire a license to practice law.

The OGBOT? Sure.....
But we know there are only two folks (IIRC) left from the 2011 BOT. Right?

Can anyone name ONE person with standing - from 2011 through Today - who is NOT committed to the "hiding of the facts/truth"?
Aside from any particular so-called "truths" that aid and abet their self-interests?

Bueller? Bueller? Anyone?

Three remain: Dambly, Lubert and Masser

Three remain: Dambly, Lubert and Masser
TY...… Sominex Masser is the one who always falls into the depths of my memory banks.

Amazing that an esteemed former "Chairman of the Board" can be so forgettable. :)

Perhaps it was his monotone, scripted oral presentations - - - the ones where he had to refer to his notes - multiple times - in order to state:
"good morning and welcome to the meeting of the penn state board of trustees ......…."

Fina took the stand next. He is good. On direct examination he apent an inordinate amount of time discussing Sandusky. Talked about Freeh. Acknowledged he worked closely with Freeh group and even shared information about the direction of the investigation with Freeh group. This was startling testimony to me if only that he admitted to this inappropriate conduct. Freeh and his group are not officers of the law and had no legal authority to receive that information.

Fina also discusses how he found the Schultz file. Wasn’t Freeh but Fina!

Did you attend the hearing? Can you elaborate on Fina's testimony about finding the Schultz file? And, do you happen to know if a transcript of the hearing will be published?

I am curious if in Fina's testimony he differentiated between the discovery of the emails (electronic version, presumably from Schultz's network fileshare & old archive.pst file from before ~2004) vs. the discovery of the physical Schultz file (handwritten notes, some printed copies of emails, printout of TSM board members).

Did you attend the hearing? Can you elaborate on Fina's testimony about finding the Schultz file? And, do you happen to know if a transcript of the hearing will be published?

I am curious if in Fina's testimony he differentiated between the discovery of the emails (electronic version, presumably from Schultz's network fileshare & old archive.pst file from before ~2004) vs. the discovery of the physical Schultz file (handwritten notes, some printed copies of emails, printout of TSM board members).

Far more likely that Freeh discovered/recovered the emails another way. Specifically from the copy machine's hard drive where they were copied.

If so the hardcopies in Shultz file should be essentially the same as those recovered by Freeh, but they really would have been discovered/ recovered through different means.

She's a puppet. I don't know who the masters are but her failure to do her duty to uphold the law is the reason PSU has been through the wringer. This person should have never been allowed to acquire a license to practice law.

There's a reason one quickly falls from PA surpeme court (albeit as a replacement player, not an elected official) to a university general counsel position in less than two years.

There's a reason one quickly falls from PA surpeme court (albeit as a replacement player, not an elected official) to a university general counsel position in less than two years.

Don't think it's quite that simple. Baldwin retired from the Supreme Court to become a partner at Duane Morris. Just going to hazard a guess that money had something to do with it. Why she then went to work for PSU is beyond me. But Guadagnino went from being a partner at a white shoe firm to assistant counsel at PSU, so who knows?

Don't think it's quite that simple. Baldwin retired from the Supreme Court to become a partner at Duane Morris. Just going to hazard a guess that money had something to do with it. Why she then went to work for PSU is beyond me. But Guadagnino went from being a partner at a white shoe firm to assistant counsel at PSU, so who knows?

Baldwin was appointed to the Supreme Court in 2006 by then Gov Ed Randell to fill the remaining two year term of a Justice.

She joined Duane Morris as a partner in 2008 when her term expired.

She became PSU GC in 2010.

Then Senior VP of Finance Al Horvath thought PSU should hire in-house Counsel. A consultant was hired to research the matter.

I’ve heard that several Pittsburgh connected Trustees at the time were asked by Duane Morris to assist them in placing the former Justice as she wasn’t the rainmaker they hoped she would be.

They placed her at PSU.

I did attend.

Great question.

Fina did not differentiate the physical file from the electronic data.

Fina received the file from Tom Farrell in March, 2012.

The emails in that file were on a PSU server. I just can’t say whether those emails were delivered to the OAG as part of subpoena 1179 prior to March 2012.

I did attend.

Great question.

Fina did not differentiate the physical file from the electronic data.

Fina received the file from Tom Farrell in March, 2012.

The emails in that file were on a PSU server. I just can’t say whether those emails were delivered to the OAG as part of subpoena 1179 prior to March 2012.

Just my opinon - but I would think Fina would have a hard time keeping his lies straight going into this hearing on June 14th. I should think a detailed timeline of emails, files and evidence turned over to the OAG, who turned it over and when, versus the bullshit Freeh was claiming July 2012 and Baldwin's garbage, would be helpful to the District 1 Disciplinary Counsel's case against Fina.

@JmmyW

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT