ADVERTISEMENT

Curtis Enis

You realize it was a commentary on the changes in college football, right?

Yes, I understand that. Do we need commentary on the obvious? The comparison isn't timely either so isn't all that effective. Of course things have changed in 20+ years.

Maybe I was a bit rude initially so I apologize for that. But this board is getting harder to stomach as it seems increasingly focused on lamenting a bygone era. Comments about bringing back the fullback, bitching about being in the B1G, complaining about the state of college football in general... it's crotchety. The constant negativity and wistfully wishing for a time long gone gets old. If Henry Ford would have listened to the people, they would have asked for faster horses. Change is inevitable and sometimes for the better.

I apologize if I was rude to the original poster.

Reactions: DUNNELLONFLBUCK
Yes, I understand that. Do we need commentary on the obvious? The comparison isn't timely either so isn't all that effective. Of course things have changed in 20+ years.

Maybe I was a bit rude initially so I apologize for that. But this board is getting harder to stomach as it seems increasingly focused on lamenting a bygone era. Comments about bringing back the fullback, bitching about being in the B1G, complaining about the state of college football in general... it's crotchety. The constant negativity and wistfully wishing for a time long gone gets old. If Henry Ford would have listened to the people, they would have asked for faster horses. Change is inevitable and sometimes for the better.

I apologize if I was rude to the original poster.
A better response might have been. " Yeah, it's amazing how much things have changed in 30 years, but it may be for the better."

Even your half hearted apology was rude.

Reactions: psualt and KCLion
If the suit came from a teammate it would have been kosher way back when.
And if the tattoo is done by a teammate, it won't even be brought to the powers that be! And even if it was, we could always just agree to put the punishment off until next season!

We absolutely destroyed the country. No doubt about it.

Took about 50 years (those WWII guys did a great job of building us after the war), but we did it!

"Look honey, it's our daughter, whoring herself on instagram!"
When family gets together most of the kids stare at their phones and the parents say there's nothing they can do. My father would have run over my phone with his car. Social media is an abomination and so is 24/7 news. The politicians are a joke and do nothing but demonize half the country.
At least I have Bocce.

Reactions: Jerry
Because comedians aren't allowed to.be funny anymore.
There are still good comedians. It's just that you don't see them, or anything funny, in big, corporate spaces. Andrew Schulz and Tim Dillon line are a couple off the top of my head.

Here's a good Tim Dillon line: "There are millions of brilliant women in this country and none of them have ever been anywhere near the set of The View."

We absolutely destroyed the country. No doubt about it.

Took about 50 years (those WWII guys did a great job of building us after the war), but we did it!

"Look honey, it's our daughter, whoring herself on instagram!"
I know a fellow in Texas who told me a 14 yo kid he knows tried to kill himself. It seems his mom had an onlyfans page and kids at school found out.

The change isn’t for the better.
The idea that kids went to college to get an education, learn a trade, and get a good enough job to earn a living and start a family is what has changed and been lost. What happens when the athlete commits the greatest sin of all and gets old. College sports has changed from getting an education to getting rich. People don't stop to think about what happens when the cheering stops and the real world sets in.

Reactions: bdgan and NC2017
The idea that kids went to college to get an education, learn a trade, and get a good enough job to earn a living and start a family is what has changed and been lost. What happens when the athlete commits the greatest sin of all and gets old. College sports has changed from getting an education to getting rich. People don't stop to think about what happens when the cheering stops and the real world sets in.
Maybe in Football and Basketball?, But there are over 30 other sports that kids play knowing they won't go pro.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT