ADVERTISEMENT

Crookham update.

If PSU doesn’t get him , I know he is the big fish out there, but who do they go after ?

If PSU doesn’t get him , I know he is the big fish out there, but who do they go after ?
Class of 2022 is absolutely overloaded with high-end 141/149 prospects.

Bouzakis and Crookham are consensus 1-2 overall in the class. They're practically even. Rivera (WI) and Mendez (IN) are both likely top 5 as well. Rivera is a freestyle national champ; Mendez is a cadet world team member.

4 more are also either top 10 or have a case to be top 10: Cardenas (CO), Williams (OK), Henson (GA), Ferrari (TX).

Of these guys, I suspect PSU is after Crookham is the priority. Probably looking into Bouzakis. The others less likely (especially Ferrari, whose brother is at OKST).

Plus we're a finalist for Van Ness (#3 overall in 2021).

Class of 2022 is absolutely overloaded with high-end 141/149 prospects.

Bouzakis and Crookham are consensus 1-2 overall in the class. They're practically even. Rivera (WI) and Mendez (IN) are both likely top 5 as well. Rivera is a freestyle national champ; Mendez is a cadet world team member.

4 more are also either top 10 or have a case to be top 10: Cardenas (CO), Williams (OK), Henson (GA), Ferrari (TX).

Of these guys, I suspect PSU is after Crookham is the priority. Probably looking into Bouzakis. The others less likely (especially Ferrari, whose brother is at OKST).

Plus we're a finalist for Van Ness (#3 overall in 2021).

I’m certainly no expert, but Ferrari (AJ, at least) just didnt seem like a PSU type, despite us being one of his finalists. Not sure whether his brother is any different.

Reactions: danoftw
I’m certainly no expert, but Ferrari (AJ, at least) just didnt seem like a PSU type, despite us being one of his finalists. Not sure whether his brother is any different.
Apparently Cael Sanderson and the PSU staff disagreed with that assessment.

Curious as to where Crookham ranks against recent top PA recruits as to how they looked in HS and not what they eventually accomplished in college - Lee, Nolf, Teasdale, Marstetter, Kemerer, Retherford, Altons, Cenzo, Pletcher, Hidlay, Sasso, etc.

Reactions: Dogwelder
Curious as to where Crookham ranks against recent top PA recruits as to how they looked in HS and not what they eventually accomplished in college - Lee, Nolf, Teasdale, Marstetter, Kemerer, Retherford, Altons, Cenzo, Pletcher, Hidlay, Sasso, etc.
Very strong for size and age. He was benching over 200 this year. PSU recruit Robbie Howard could not muscle him in their match although I think Howard was coming off shoulder injury.That was a senior against a sophomore.. Technically he's really sound but not a big move guy like some of the other guys on your list. I think he's more like Zain than Nolf.

Very strong for size and age. He was benching over 200 this year. PSU recruit Robbie Howard could not muscle him in their match although I think Howard was coming off shoulder injury.That was a senior against a sophomore.. Technically he's really sound but not a big move guy like some of the other guys on your list. I think he's more like Zain than Nolf.

I'd be perfectly happy with another Zain.

Rewatched a few of his matches and high school retherford is a good comparison. Elite defense, patient, methodical, strong. Seems Cenzo-esq in those aspects as well and things worked out for him ok, right?[/QUOTE]

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT