ADVERTISEMENT

Cowherd just picked OSU to win Natl Championship

NealPaige

Dec 29, 2016
Basically stated that OSU's defensive line will dominate, and lead them to beating the other 3 he projected to be in the playoff...Alabama, USC, and Florida State.

Other topics covered which made me want to hurl while driving, the Big Ten's two "blue bloods", Ohio State and Michigan, have the two best coaches. No mention of PSU and Franklin, other than OSU has a bye week before they play us at home.

Alabama's dominance in the SEC, and reason SEC is down right now, is because the other SEC "blue bloods" have coordinators for head coaches, and pose no threat to Saban in coaching acumen.

what is scary is that Cowherd is such a great football mind, he's never been wrong. Not even once.

Scared-terrified-GIF.gif

Basically stated that OSU's defensive line will dominate, and lead them to beating the other 3 he projected to be in the playoff...Alabama, USC, and Florida State.

Other topics covered which made me want to hurl while driving, the Big Ten's two "blue bloods", Ohio State and Michigan, have the two best coaches. No mention of PSU and Franklin, other than OSU has a bye week before they play us at home.

Alabama's dominance in the SEC, and reason SEC is down right now, is because the other SEC "blue bloods" have coordinators for head coaches, and pose no threat to Saban in coaching acumen.
Wow, he's really going out on a limb with those picks. Does he do any of his own research or just read the coaches poll?

One dolt's opinion.
I can't stand Cowherd and won't listen to him for five seconds.
Having typed that, I can't really find fault with what you report he said.
The Bucknuts are the team to beat. PSU will be an underdog at the 'Shoe. That's going to be a tough game to win.
I don't see how anyone can argue with the 'Bama, USC, FSU predictions. Those teams are the front-runners in those conferences.
Franklin probably needs two more outstanding seasons to get mentioned among the top names on the coaching list. I believe he will get there, but he hasn't quite earned it yet. (Hairball is there based on his NFL resume.)
There's a lot of football to be played before these things straighten themselves out. As long a PSU is considered among the Top 15 or so teams entering the season (which is the case), it can control its own fate. None of this other crap matters..

Whether they deserved it or not, they did get to the playoff with the youngest roster. I don't think it is that crazy to say they could win a national championship this year.

We will be great too, but what am I missing with OSU that saying they might win the championship sounds so far fetched to many here?

I still think PSU shows up in C-bus, and got a break with the start @ 3:30- that game will determine who wins the B10. PSU beat Brutus Buckeye in the Shoe.

Last edited:
Reactions: ralphster
I still remember Michigans' national best defensive line from last year. How did they finish again? There is more to the game than having a great defensive line. Last year, Ohio State had the same great defensive line, and Clemson scored 31 points. Basing a season on one position group seems like hyperbole. Schiano added to the hype yesterday calling them better than the 2012 Tampa Bay Bucs defense, which agains seems mighty lofty. Frankly, I think Pitt had one of the best offensive lines in the game last year(fortunately the best two are gone this year), and they lost 5 games. It's a team game, not a position group game, believe it or not there will be many plays this year when their D line doesn't get home, and when that doesn't happen, how will their new secondary hold up? They play the games for a reason.

Whether they deserved it or not, they did get to the playoff with the youngest roster. I don't think it is that crazy to say they could win a national championship this year.

We will be great too, but what am I missing with OSU that saying they might win the championship sounds so far fetched to many here?

Predicting them to win the championship is perfectly normal. Saying their defensive line is the best since the Steel Curtain, and will single handedly win it for them, is not.

Reactions: psuno1
Predicting them to win the championship is perfectly normal. Saying their defensive line is the best since the Steel Curtain, and will single handedly win it for them, is not.
the local CLE paper just quoted Greg Schiano as saying that tOSU's D-line is better than the ones he had when he was coaching in the NFL (Tampa and Chicago).

Reactions: TheGLOV
the local CLE paper just quoted Greg Schiano as saying that tOSU's D-line is better than the ones he had when he was coaching in the NFL (Tampa and Chicago).

This reminds me of the constant glorification of past teams, claiming they could beat NFL teams.

I have listened to him a few times. BUT when he made a number of statements that were COMPLETELY wrong I had to give up on listening. He does ZERO fact checking and truly makes stuff up. Many of us on this board know more than him about EVERY sport !!!!

Reactions: NedFromYork

Yes, and our president just tweeted something dumb.

I'll take "Two statements I'll nEver waste my time on, Alex...."

Cowherd? And we care? I guess since Skip Bayless is still stealing oxygen, it could be worse. I know he was complimentary last year, but he looks like a rodent.

Unless one of their defensive linemen can play QB and throw deep, tOSU isn't winning the National Championship!

Hell, even Fonzie knows that!

Reactions: 81b&w and psuno1
One dolt's opinion.
I can't stand Cowherd and won't listen to him for five seconds.
Having typed that, I can't really find fault with what you report he said.
The Bucknuts are the team to beat. PSU will be an underdog at the 'Shoe. That's going to be a tough game to win.
I don't see how anyone can argue with the 'Bama, USC, FSU predictions. Those teams are the front-runners in those conferences.
Franklin probably needs two more outstanding seasons to get mentioned among the top names on the coaching list. I believe he will get there, but he hasn't quite earned it yet. (Hairball is there based on his NFL resume.)
There's a lot of football to be played before these things straighten themselves out. As long a PSU is considered among the Top 15 or so teams entering the season (which is the case), it can control its own fate. None of this other crap matters..
+1 A PSU fan with a bit of humility and sense. Rare indeed.

Well, Cowherd must have employed the EYE TEST in forming his opinion.
images

images

Unless one of their defensive linemen can play QB and throw deep, tOSU isn't winning the National Championship!

Hell, even Fonzie knows that!
But Urb's said JT was 90 percent with the deep ball before the Scarlet and Grey game.

do not understand the hype for OSU this year. I think they are going to underachieve big time and Urban will be at ND in 2018.

Didn't PSU sack JT 6 times last year? How many times did that Buckeye NFL DL sack McSorely?
Penn State had 14 total yards in the whole 4th quarter. Ohio State was up 14 to start the 4th quarter. Not bad after having to play a tough overtime night game at Whisky. Talk about and enjoy that game from last year all you want , you have 2 more months left and then its back to earth. See you in Columbus. :p

Penn State had 14 total yards in the whole 4th quarter. Ohio State was up 14 to start the 4th quarter. Not bad after having to play a tough overtime night game at Whisky. Talk about and enjoy that game from last year all you want , you have 2 more months left and then its back to earth. See you in Columbus. :p

Wait a minute. Are you saying that all 85 of those superior athletes became fatigued in the 4th quarter because they played "extra innings" 8 days earlier? Hahahahahahahahaha. You sound more like a wolverine than a buckeye.

Cowherd listened to First Take with Skip and Shannon today, they had Cris Carter on speaking about the Schiano comments about OSUs dline. Cris was raving about OSU and how great the dline is and how he know the kids etc....it made me a little concerned but knowing a little about Cris, from his lack of play calling from his St. thomas days not too worried I am hoping and believe it's lot of hype and an alum seeing through rose colored glasses....the winner of that game reps the BigTen as most of us know....it will be interesting.

Keep in mind Cowherd was also the person who predicted that Yasiel Puig was going to revolutionize baseball and become one of the greatest players ever to play the game...

How's that workin out for him??

PSU had a 90 yard touchdown drive that began with 14:40left in the 4th quarter. Hiw exactly did you come up with 14 total 4th quarter yards?

I like Cowherd and he mentioned PSU's run last year multiple times as well as acknowledged the program was back.

As far as the 2 best coaches comment...Franklin needs to win again in the minds of these national guys.

Nice try from the typical, crass, poor-sport Suckeye fan - you're completely full of $hit that your heros held PSU to only 14 yards in the 4th quarter - PSU had 3 possessions in the 4th quarter and on the their first possession in the 4th quarter PSU drove 90 yards and scored a TD to make it 21-14. Their 2nd possession came after blocking a duhO$U punt and taking possession at the duhO$U 30. PSU then drove to the duhO$U 16 before kicking a FG. PSU then blocked a duhO$U FG attempt and returned it for a TD. duhO$U then got the ball back with 4:30 down by 3. duhO$U gained a grand total of 14 yards while using up 3 minutes of clock and their remaining TOs before turning the ball over on downs with over a minute left. PSU went into victory formation as they didn't need any more points to post the win.

So you are totally full of $hit that duhO$U outplayed PSU on either side of the ball in the 4th quarter or remotely held PSU to 14 yards offense in the 4th quarter, you storytelling poor-sport, typical Suckeye douche. The reality is that PSU outscored duhO$U 17-0 in the 4th quarter and IN FACT held your awesome Suckeyes scoreless for the final 25 minutes of the game, LMFAO!

You obviously blacked out drunk for this:

• 1st and 10 at PSU 10
    (14:40 - 4th) Trace McSorley pass complete to Mike Gesicki for 16 yds to the PnSt 26 for a 1ST down

• 1st and 10 at PSU 26
    (14:10 - 4th) Saquon Barkley run for 37 yds to the OhSt 37 for a 1ST down

• 1st and 10 at OSU 37
    (13:52 - 4th) Trace McSorley pass complete to Saeed Blacknall for 35 yds to the OhSt 2 for a 1ST down

• 1st and Goal at OSU 2
    (13:40 - 4th) Trace McSorley pass incomplete to Mike Gesicki

• 2nd and Goal at OSU 2
    (13:32 - 4th) Trace McSorley run for 2 yds for a TD, (Tyler Davis KICK)

Better review all your stats sir.

:p:p:p:D:p:p:p

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT