ADVERTISEMENT

COVID vaccine: who has had it?

No. We’ll find a new way to get those numbers up. Remember, these are difficult times.
In Monterey County they are slow, very slow. They are only giving shots to healthcare workers and 75 or older. Somebody please light a fire under their asses.

Reactions: Fayette_LION
For the greater audience. Information sharing. Any side effects? Any issues?

got mine tonight. Wife got hers 3 days ago. No side effects or issues for her, nothing initially for me but I’ll report back if we get anything.
Got our second Pfizer this past Friday. I went through fever, aches, and headache side effects for about 12 hours yesterday

Got our second Pfizer this past Friday. I went through fever, aches, and headache side effects for about 12 hours yesterday

It took three days before you had the side effects? Damn, I might be in for a fun ride when I get my second later this month.

I'm 54 and only got the vaccine through my sister's employer. I was on a stand-by list in case they had extra doses at the end of the day. They either go into an arm or the trash at that point. So I got a bit lucky. But I know people who are maybe exaggerating their conditions in order to make appointments.
I’ve wondered about this with places that give out the extra shots they have....what if they don’t have extra for the second dose? How are you going to get it?

I’ve wondered about this with places that give out the extra shots they have....what if they don’t have extra for the second dose? How are you going to get it?

I can only speak for my situation, but they are planning the distribution in pairs. I got the first shot because they had doses that they couldn't use for the target group before they expired. Once the first shot was given, I was added to the list for those who would get the second.

Reactions: step.eng69
I can only speak for my situation, but they are planning the distribution in pairs. I got the first shot because they had doses that they couldn't use for the target group before they expired. Once the first shot was given, I was added to the list for those who would get the second.
Makes sense.

Wife got two Pfizer already with no reactions/adverse effects. No one in her group had any negative effects to my knowledge.

Reactions: bison13
If anyone has any advice on how to get the shot in the Pittsburgh metro area I’m all ears. I’ve been trying for weeks to get it for my 84 yo mom. I’ve tried Giant Eagle, Rite Aid and a county site along with a few others to no avail.

It seems like it shouldn’t be this hard but it is.
Spartan Pharmacy clinics. Peter’s Township starting 6 day per week clinic soon.

Can I start planning for my 50th birthday bash in august? What about attending college football games this year? By that time, we better be over this crap and get back to living.

If anyone has any advice on how to get the shot in the Pittsburgh metro area I’m all ears. I’ve been trying for weeks to get it for my 84 yo mom. I’ve tried Giant Eagle, Rite Aid and a county site along with a few others to no avail.

It seems like it shouldn’t be this hard but it is.
Giant Eagle announced they will start having vaccine clinics soon. Didn’t hear any details but keep your eye, or stop into a store and ask.

My wife and I received our second Moderna shot 2 weeks ago today. So we should be as fully immunized as we can be now and until they develop a booster for the variants.

The only reaction we had was a sore arm at the injection site that lasted about two days. It was not as bad as the two shingles vaccine shots were.

Reactions: OaktonDave
I got my first shot (Moderna) on Tuesday.

For those in Allegheny County, here is a website that says make an appointment tomorrow for an event on Tuesday in Castle Shannon

I got this info from my son.

Good luck!

Reactions: LionJim
I got my first shot (Moderna) on Tuesday.

For those in Allegheny County, here is a website that says make an appointment tomorrow for an event on Tuesday in Castle Shannon

I got this info from my son.

Good luck!

Further, go directly to below site, the links to sign up will open up at 9am tomorrow. If you know anyone who doesn't have access to a computer they can call 211 on Tuesday for an appointment.

Reactions: MrDibbs and LionJim
Just got the first Pfizer shot this morning. No issues, not even arm soreness, 9 hours later.

How does your arm feel today? I didn’t feel anything until the next day. Felt like a deep bruise at the injection sight. Nothing bad but it did hurt a bit.

Got my first shot of Moderna vac yesterday at St Luke's Hospital Allentown. Arrived 11:10am, got my shot and waited 15 minutes in the auditorium (wait required to insure no adverse reactions). Second shot scheduled for March 11, 11:am. Scheduled online and everything ran smoothly. Got a nice badge, says: "I got my covid 19 vaccine at St Luke's University Health Network."

How does your arm feel today? I didn’t feel anything until the next day. Felt like a deep bruise at the injection sight. Nothing bad but it did hurt a bit.
I felt a little bit of soreness last night when I was laying in bed, but feels back to totally normal today.

I’m signed up to get my second dose next Saturday. My daughter received her second dose Monday and had no ill effects, which is encouraging.

My wife got Pfizer #1. Had a brief low grade fever, and now has joint pain and aches, but that's consistent with what she gets after a flu shot, too.

Last edited:
Got my 1st shot this past Monday. No reaction at all for 3 days, not even site pain. Then Friday I was nauseous first thing with bowel pain, lasted all morning then stated to go away throughout the day. Friday evening and all day Saturday I was drained/tired. Close to 100% today(Sunday)

Last edited:
Got Pfizer #1 about 24 hours ago. Absolutely no side effects. No sore arm. Nothing.

I had to drive 174 miles RT to get it. My daughter is a nursing prof and she found a clinic that had openings. Pa. has to have the most incompetent government anywhere. Everything (unemployment compensation, shutdowns, vaccine rollout, etc.) they have touched during the pandemic has been grossly mismanaged. All state functions should be subcontracted to the private sector and every state employee should be fired. There is no accountability whatsoever. All you hear is "we are doing the best we can." That means they are tolerating incompetence.

Just got Pfizer #2 about an hour and 40 minutes ago. I'll update the forum in a day or two on any side effects.

Wife and I got Moderna #1 at our local Walgreens this past Saturday. Quick, easy and efficient. Wife's arm was sore enough for her to complain about it. Mine just felt like a when you get a flu shot. No other side effects to report, thankfully. Scheduled for shot #2 March 13th.

Got my second Pfizer yesterday. Fine for most of the day, then chills overnight and feel like I got my butt kicked today. Looking forward to not being as concerned about getting COVID.

Got my second Pfizer yesterday. Fine for most of the day, then chills overnight and feel like I got my butt kicked today. Looking forward to not being as concerned about getting COVID.
Same thing here. #2 yesterday, chills overnight, and really beat down today.

But I’ll take it.

Appears the general consensus is shot #1 not much but some arm pain around the needle prick. Round #2 typically has at least minor aches/pains for 24 hours and can be as much as some real aches/pain for up to 48+ hours.

Appears the general consensus is shot #1 not much but some arm pain around the needle prick. Round #2 typically has at least minor aches/pains for 24 hours and can be as much as some real aches/pain for up to 48+ hours.
Some react strongly to first shot. The consensus is, if you do, you have probably already been infected and have anti bodies that react to the vaccine.

Got #1 Pfizer today at Mt Nittany. They had a smooth operation running there and I was told they planned to do 1200 doses today. Operation seemed reasonably well though through. They also started a waitlist today so people can sign up and wait instead of hoping for appointments to open.

Little bit of irritation in my arm at times but nothing more serious than that.

Reactions: katchthis
Thanks for ALL of your informative posts.

And I got my second Pfizer shot today.
No sweat five hours later.

,,,cheers

Reactions: whart
My son got his 2nd Moderna dose today. More injection site soreness than the first but "not bad at all." Will add an update if anything changes.

Thanks for ALL of your informative posts.

And I got my second Pfizer shot today.
No sweat five hours later.

,,,cheers

Good! Hope it stays that way. Apparently symptoms typically take roughly 6-12 hours to set in, and will last anywhere from 12-48 hours at most. But I've heard from folks who have less side effects from the second dose than the first. It just varies.

Anecdotally, the folks I know who have gotten their second dose (usually late morning or in the afternoon) suffer their first real side effects in the middle of that first night. Typically chills.

Whatever the case, a day of fatigue, occasional chills, and some soreness is definitely worth the peace of mind and the immunity.

Just got second dose this morning at 0730. I work nights so I came home, took two Tylenol PM and slept for 6 hours. Feel a little flush but nothing else so far (knock on wood). Might be the first time that working night shift actually helped me. 12 hours down, we will see how it goes tonight.

Wife and I got Moderna #1 at our local Walgreens this past Saturday. Quick, easy and efficient. Wife's arm was sore enough for her to complain about it. Mine just felt like a when you get a flu shot. No other side effects to report, thankfully. Scheduled for shot #2 March 13th.
Our results similar Bowie. Me almost nothing, from first shot on Saturday. Full day of physical work on home improvement. Mrs BB had chills and fatigue from both shots. 33 ur old daughter/ teacher is wipes out by second shot. Extreme pain and headache. Seems all over the place, all Moderna.

Reactions: BowieLion
I got my second Pfizer shot yesterday at 12:22 (they make you sit for 15 minutes before you can leave so I looked at my watch). My arm hurts a lot more than it did for the first round. And I feel really lethargic. Otherwise nothing major to report.

Reactions: whart
Seeing as it's PA, I'd give it no better than 50/50 odds.

yeah, unfortunately PA is 47 out of 50 with respect to worst vaccine roll outs so far. couple that with what Wolff has already shut down compared to other states which is a much higher level of shutdowns, i don't have a good feeling Beaver Stadium will be full come September. I think there will be fans, but is that 25% or 33% or 50% that I don't know.

Reactions: GoGoBanana
yeah, unfortunately PA is 47 out of 50 with respect to worst vaccine roll outs so far. couple that with what Wolff has already shut down compared to other states which is a much higher level of shutdowns, i don't have a good feeling Beaver Stadium will be full come September. I think there will be fans, but is that 25% or 33% or 50% that I don't know.

And this doesn't help

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT