ADVERTISEMENT

COVID vaccine: who has had it?

Got my second Moderna on 4/6. Felt sluggish/low energy for the next 2 days...no fever...injection site was sore to the touch. Had no reaction whatsoever to shot M1.
Wife goes in for 2nd Pfizer shot on 4/20. My son and his wife getting M1 this week.
Now my nose hairs are growing at an alarming rate.

I have been told by my physicians that those with a strong immune system have more reactions. Weakened immune systems do not "fight" in the same manner.
I have never had to take any meds for any illness. And rarely get flu. Colds are pretty minor. And I had almost no reaction to both Pfizer shots. Just a little soreness at injection site.

Reactions: RGWhirly
I will not be taking the shot. If I can’t travel or buy things oh well. I’ll live thru it or not.
I'm with you Air Force 1. My good common sense has gotten me to 71 years old and I simply don't feel threatened by C19. Good wishes and luck to all.

"Scientists haven’t identified any relationship between the initial inflammatory reaction and the long-term response that leads to protection. There’s no scientific proof that someone with more obvious side effects from the vaccine is then better protected from COVID-19. And there’s no reason that having an exaggerated innate response would make your adaptive response any better."
That may very well be true. I don't know. But I've heard so many different "opinions" regarding masks, distance I should stay away from you, whether I can be with friends and family, can I go outside and take a walk, etc, etc arc. Forgive me if I don't just accept what e1 tells me on Facebook, message boards, etc.

Reactions: mn78psu83
That may very well be true. I don't know. But I've heard so many different "opinions" regarding masks, distance I should stay away from you, whether I can be with friends and family, can I go outside and take a walk, etc, etc arc. Forgive me if I don't just accept what e1 tells me on Facebook, message boards, etc.
I hear ya. We followed all the "rules" and got our shots. I was never afraid, but careful. Feeling pretty good about everything now.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT