ADVERTISEMENT

Confirmed: No 8 game Big Ten Conference schedule.

BUFFALO LION

Oct 4, 2001
Apparently, going back to the 8 game option was never on the table and never discussed. There were a couple of meetings concerning scheduling, but neither concerned going back to 8 games. The Big Ten is 100% committed to at least a nine game schedule.

I can't link anything on this little contraption I'm on right now, but Dave Revsine has confirmed it at the highest levels.

Reactions: Howie'81
Apparently, going back to the 8 game option was never on the table and never discussed. There were a couple of meetings concerning scheduling, but neither concerned going back to 8 games. The Big Ten is 100% committed to at least a nine game schedule.

I can't link anything on this little contraption I'm on right now, but Dave Revsine has confirmed it at the highest levels.
Of course not..... no way the B10 and their media partners were going to eliminate 7 football games of content control.

Reactions: BUFFALO LION
Of course not..... no way the B10 and their media partners were going to eliminate 7 football games of content control.

Purely from a numbers standpoint, it's probably a wash and could be a net gain.

A 14 team conference is too big in its own right, but if you are going to keep that conference size then 8 game schedules really don't work.

You're not going to see the OOC schedules you want to see unless the P5 conferences ever break away from the NCAA for football.

A 14 team conference is too big in its own right, but if you are going to keep that conference size then 8 game schedules really don't work.

You're not going to see the OOC schedules you want to see unless the P5 conferences ever break away from the NCAA for football.

NCAA has nothing to do with how football programs schedule. For all intents and purposes, the P5 are already a separate entity.

NCAA has nothing to do with how football programs schedule. For all intents and purposes, the P5 are already a separate entity.

No, but if the P5 conferences ever do break away from the NCAA would they still schedule G5 opponents that theoretically would still be in the NCAA?

No, but if the P5 conferences ever do break away from the NCAA would they still schedule G5 opponents that theoretically would still be in the NCAA?

Why not? As it stands, the NCAA has no control over G5 scheduling either. In fact, it has no control over college football scheduling (unless it's in D2 or D3, which I doubt), other than to set the overall number off games and the length of the season.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT