ADVERTISEMENT

Football CONFIRMED: JOHN SCOTT JR HEADED TO THE NFL

Dylan Callaghan-Croley

Staff
Jun 14, 2020
Good evening everyone,

I was acutally about to post the rumor but Jon Sauber beat me to it via Twitter. Either way, I can confirm Jon's reporting that Penn State defensive line coach John Scott Jr is headed to the NFL and specifically the Detroit Lions.

wrong move....if there is any desire for a better than 11 win season, you don't bring in a first year dline coach
I don’t think Barnes is the first choice based on what I’ve been told but I think this is a bit of a silly way to look at things. If he can coach, he can coach. Every rising star coach was one a first-year position coach.

You have to consider Barnes is probably deeply involved in the recruiting of a lot of these kids.

I don’t think Barnes is the first choice based on what I’ve been told but I think this is a bit of a silly way to look at things. If he can coach, he can coach. Every rising star coach was one a first-year position coach.
Absolutely even joe was an unknown at one time.

I trust that Franklin has a plan. There won’t be a shortage of candidates
I'll get bashed for this but seriously? Nothing in Franklin's track record indicates he has a plan. If he had a plan he would have left Donovan, Rahne, Gattis and Hand in Nashville. If he had a plan, he would have fired all of these bums after his first year. If he had a plan, he would have fired them after his second without Sandy forcing him to at least fire Donovan. If he had a plan, he wouldn't have forced Shoop out for spurious reasons. If he had a plan, he wouldn't have elevated Pry. If he had a plan, he wouldn't have hired Kirk Ciaroacco without the will to see the transition through. If you are seeing a trend here, you are paying attention. The man doesn't have a plan. He obviously doesn't.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: dswartz and rcy4499
I'll get bashed for this but seriously? Nothing in Franklin's track record indicates he has a plan. If he had a plan he would have left Donovan, Rahne, Gattis and Hand in Nashville. If he had a plan, he would have fired all of these bums after his first year. If he had a plan, he would have fired them after his second without Sandy forcing him to at least fire Donovan. If he had a plan, he wouldn't have forced Shoop out. If he had a plan, he wouldn't have elevated Pry. If he had a plan, he wouldn't have hired Kirk Ciaroacco without the will to see the transition through. If you are seeing a trend here, you are paying attention. The man doesn't have a plan. He obviously doesn't.
Rahne's offenses were near the top in the country in points per game while he was here...and are people really complaining about Gattis's time here?

Reactions: rcy4499
Rahne's offenses were near the top in the country in points per game while he was here...and are people really complaining about Gattis's time here?
Rahne was a better coordinator than Quarterback coach (worse in major college football history) or tight end coach as he inherited an established system built for the talent on hand from JoeMo and was smart enough to run it as installed without any changes. He runs it to this day at ODU. This doesn't change the fact that he was the worst QB coach in Big Ten history by a country mile. He made Jay look like the GOAT. That is how bad he was.

I think it is a very good way to look at it. Barnes is an up and comet but just moved to a new position.

What would be is an experience DL coach that may want co DC once manny leaves and then Barnes can make the move to DL Coach.

Scott had apretty good year last year getting play out of the line.....has not been a stellar recruiter at DT.....DE seems pretty loaded and the DL plays hard. Felt that he and WR coach were the weakest link in the staff and now both are gone.

Reactions: NedFromYork
I think he's the second-highest-paid DL coach in the country, behind LJ. I doubt we can afford that.
At this point it feels like pro sports for coaches and players.....I feel like I don't care what we can "afford"....the #s are so big w/ N.I.L. / Assistant Head Coach In Waiting etc etc.

Our ticket prices will go up whether we pay for a top coach or promote a rookie- let's get the best for OUR situation

I'll get bashed for this but seriously? Nothing in Franklin's track record indicates he has a plan. If he had a plan he would have left Donovan, Rahne, Gattis and Hand in Nashville. If he had a plan, he would have fired all of these bums after his first year. If he had a plan, he would have fired them after his second without Sandy forcing him to at least fire Donovan. If he had a plan, he wouldn't have forced Shoop out for spurious reasons. If he had a plan, he wouldn't have elevated Pry. If he had a plan, he wouldn't have hired Kirk Ciaroacco without the will to see the transition through. If you are seeing a trend here, you are paying attention. The man doesn't have a plan. He obviously doesn't.
So you cherry picked the handful of hires that didn’t pan out and completely ignored the larger list of ones that did? And by the way you couldn’t even do that right because Gattis and Pry were very solid coaches, so much so they both left here on promotions.

Franklin’s hires have worked out way more often than they haven’t. Especially of recent times since he was given a much larger assistant coaching budget to work with. It’s not a coincidence most of your “grievances” were near the beginning of his tenure, when he was significantly less cut-throat and a little too loyal at times. The guy absolutely has a plan, it just seems like you don’t like him very much.

Franklin will get a little known coach that no one is really interested in just like the last coach he hired

So you cherry picked the handful of hires that didn’t pan out and completely ignored the larger list of ones that did? And by the way you couldn’t even do that right because Gattis and Pry were very solid coaches, so much so they both left here on promotions.

Franklin’s hires have worked out way more often than they haven’t. Especially of recent times since he was given a much larger assistant coaching budget to work with. It’s not a coincidence most of your “grievances” were near the beginning of his tenure, when he was significantly less cut-throat and a little too loyal at times. The guy absolutely has a plan, it just seems like you don’t like him very much.
Not only were those hires early in his career but he was an unknown head coach at a school still trying to recover from severe sanctions and scandal. Not an easy place to recruit top flight coaches.

That guy is a 100% Franklin hater so there is little value to his "opinions"

Reactions: dswartz
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT