ADVERTISEMENT

Football CONFIRMED: JOHN SCOTT JR HEADED TO THE NFL

College football is musical chairs for most of the year. Diaz and Franklin ought to be able to hire someone very good. They probably knew for a while that Thomas was interviewing.
There we go. A real viewpoint based on facts not "what is best for nepotism".

I wouldn’t be surprised if Scott was encouraged to look elsewhere. Our recruiting of DTs was absolutely atrocious the last couple years and really only DDS was a highly rated recruit for the Dline as a whole. I think our success with the DEs last year was more a credit to Barnes than Scott. We lost out on so many Dline recruits the last couple years it’s mind blowing. Our interior Dline has been completed exposed the last two years by Michigan this year and Illinois last year. We got better against the run due to Diaz adjusting his scheme to blitz often and from every direction to compensate for the complete lack of an interior Dline. I say good riddance.

Reactions: RandyL
I wouldn’t be surprised if Scott was encouraged to look elsewhere. Our recruiting of DTs was absolutely atrocious the last couple years and really only DDS was a highly rated recruit for the Dline as a whole. I think our success with the DEs last year was more a credit to Barnes than Scott. We lost out on so many Dline recruits the last couple years it’s mind blowing. Our interior Dline has been completed exposed the last two years by Michigan this year and Illinois last year. We got better against the run due to Diaz adjusting his scheme to blitz often and from every direction to compensate for the complete lack of an interior Dline. I say good riddance.
Exactly. This is my viewpoint also....Actually even Barnes would be an upgrade but if we hire a D line guy with experience we get a huge upgrade AND if we make the hire in time I think we Actually pick up a late portal d lineman or 2...

Exactly. This is my viewpoint also....Actually even Barnes would be an upgrade but if we hire a D line guy with experience we get a huge upgrade AND if we make the hire in time I think we Actually pick up a late portal d lineman or 2...
That may be true getting an established guy Dline guy, but really at this point most movement is done and unless we can lure someone away Barnes may be the best choice by default. I’d love to see Coach Chaos come back, but that’s not happening. As you said Barnes is an upgrade so why not take a chance with an up and comer.

That may be true getting an established guy Dline guy, but really at this point most movement is done and unless we can lure someone away Barnes may be the best choice by default. I’d love to see Coach Chaos come back, but that’s not happening. As you said Barnes is an upgrade so why not take a chance with an up and comer.
Last hire took 8 days and this is day 2. By this time next Monday we will have hired the new d line coach. No need to panic hire someone who isn't ready.

Reactions: LeatherHelmets
College football was … the NFL not so much.
Can’t help but think that the addition with Kraft as our AD..who wants to win a Natty as much as anyone.. and who clearly has had an impact getting more $$ from Donors .. is opening up the checkbook and opportunities to bring in some of the best Coaching talent in College Football., Barnes may get a shit but I bet we bring in a pretty big name/hire..

Barnes seems a no-brainer to me. I’m not big on the promote from within thing or the “need a PA guy” crowd but sooner or later Barnes is going to get hired by someone and will be recruiting against us in Philly. I say if you have a up and coming coach with philly recruiting contacts, you need to keep him

Barnes seems a no-brainer to me. I’m not big on the promote from within thing or the “need a PA guy” crowd but sooner or later Barnes is going to get hired by someone and will be recruiting against us in Philly. I say if you have a up and coming coach with philly recruiting contacts, you need to keep him
That's a panic hire.

No chance its Barnes...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT