ADVERTISEMENT

FB Recruiting COMMITMENT No. 4: Rivals250 DB Kenny Woseley commits to Penn State

Solid 4star commitment. Woseley is our 4th 2014 commit and all are included in the Rivals 250! More of the same are on the way, including some in the top 100.

WE ARE......on our way to a Top 10 recruiting class!
Hope you are correct but it takes a good many high 4 star / 5 star players to get there. The 2023 class had 18 4-star players and didn't make top 10.

Not that top 10 is an end all. Just need a multiple players like JP Jr who was a low 4 star and played like a 5 star.

Last edited:
Oh, I agree with the need for high end 4stars (5.9 and 6.0) to end up finishing in the top 10. I think the 18 4stars you referenced appeared on another site. On Rivals, I think we finished with 12. But I get your point. Those high end 4stars hopefully will come from a group of top 100 targets like Van Buren, Martin, Denmark, Satterwhite, Lambert, Willor, Chiles, Agard, etc.

I'm just excited we've started off strongly and I anticipate even better commits coming.

Last edited:
I'm amazed at how few posts/replies are occurring for today's verbal commitment. This has been true on our other 3 commits this class. It certainly is not at the level the Lions Den once was. I miss that.

I'm amazed at how few posts/replies are occurring for today's verbal commitment. This has been true on our other 3 commits this class. It certainly is not at the level the Lions Den once was. I miss that.
Those of us who do pay attention are pleased to see this next class off to a good start.

Dominate PA is job #1, and seems to be on track.

We prefer to bitch about nonsense nowadays! Good news doesn’t fit the agenda!
I am very happy. We are recruiting and portaling at a very high level.

We prefer to bitch about nonsense nowadays! Good news doesn’t fit the agenda!
I am very happy. We are recruiting and portaling at a very high level.
I too am pleased with the "commits" and am also somewhat surprised at lack of banter. JJ Stocker from Coatesville and Ish Young (the Philly kid who "faux" robbed the Wawa) each got multiple threads and we ended up NOT getting them (Stocker to Pitt/ Ish to doghouse then gone). This young man is rated about the same...yet no celebrations.

Examining my own feelings...it's that I have not yet learned the names of our top recruits b/c I'm tired of the process. Even our commits aren't certain as we have lost some who blew up after our signing (Justin Fields amongst others) or took options closer to home or "better" in their eyes when circumstances changed (Gators Wingo and the rapping QB).

I used to folliw the announcement dates and times pretty closely....now only if it is very hyped - like Singleton.

I guess I trust our coaches and don't "trust" the unofficial word of any 18 year old. If Georgia/TAMU/Miami shows up with a bag of NIL cash do all of our 4 stick with us?

I'll be excited when they sign.

I'd love to see a full court press to flip Tyseer Denmark, also out of Philadelphia. I hope that Woseley knows him and is in his ear!

Congrats on your choice, Mr. Woseley.

I too am pleased with the "commits" and am also somewhat surprised at lack of banter. JJ Stocker from Coatesville and Ish Young (the Philly kid who "faux" robbed the Wawa) each got multiple threads and we ended up NOT getting them (Stocker to Pitt/ Ish to doghouse then gone). This young man is rated about the same...yet no celebrations.

Examining my own feelings...it's that I have not yet learned the names of our top recruits b/c I'm tired of the process. Even our commits aren't certain as we have lost some who blew up after our signing (Justin Fields amongst others) or took options closer to home or "better" in their eyes when circumstances changed (Gators Wingo and the rapping QB).

I used to folliw the announcement dates and times pretty closely....now only if it is very hyped - like Singleton.

I guess I trust our coaches and don't "trust" the unofficial word of any 18 year old. If Georgia/TAMU/Miami shows up with a bag of NIL cash do all of our 4 stick with us?

I'll be excited when they sign.
In terms of NIL, we certainly hold our own. I don’t blame the kids at all for taking advantage of NIL. For the vast majority of them, this is the only income they will ever make from football. Very few make it to the NFL, and even fewer last past a rookie contract.

Reactions: bison13
In terms of NIL, we certainly hold our own. I don’t blame the kids at all for taking advantage of NIL. For the vast majority of them, this is the only income they will ever make from football. Very few make it to the NFL, and even fewer last past a rookie contract.
I too don’t get very excited on early commits. Been burned too often. One would think that NIL, once a commitment is made it should stick.

Which leads to a couple questions: when they cut the check? As soon as a player commits even if he is still in high school? Even a junior or sophomore?

And do these NIL agreements come with a claw back? Like give back the money….hand over the car….if they don‘t show up and partake in practice?

I think the previously mentioned commitments were before half of this site went to another site. Bottom line, neither site has the same traffic and amount of discussion as this site had before that deal went down. It may look like less excitement, but the excitement is just not all concentrated on one site.

Reactions: The Spin Meister
For me, I don't get too excited any longer with a verbal commitment because I have seen too many back out. I am not going to base my happiness on the whims of a 17 year old boy. I'll reserve that for when the letter of intent is signed. Even after that, I will hold my breathe a bit.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT