ADVERTISEMENT

FB Recruiting COMMITMENT - 2025 WR Lyrick Samuel commits to Penn State

Which HE? How many OCs have we gone through?
four, by my count.going on our fifth under CJF.

Donovan - fired after underperformance>Jacksonville quality control>Washington>GB Packers analyst
Moorhead - left for head coaching position > Oregon OC > Akron HC
Ciarrocca - fired after the failed COVID season, now OC at Rutgers
Yurcich - Fired last season and hasn't been hired

Looks to me like Donovan was a legit fire. He hasn't performed well after PSU. Moorhead is Moorhead. He cold be an OC at most any team he wants but left under good terms

Ciarrocca is a bit of a mystery. PSU has a LOUSY season with him at OC but it was the COVID year and the state of PA's ludicrous policies certainly didn't help. Maybe he and CJF didn't like each other. Maybe he was no good. I have no idea. Maybe CJF just liked Yurcich better.

Yurcich was a good OC for 2022 but the offense sucked in 2023. maybe he needed a running QB and didn't develop the passing game. IDK but the firing was certainly in line. CJF has never fired someone during the season. I heard a rumor that he's submit his game plan early in the week for CJF to review (as the DC did as well). But by game time, he tossed CJF's recommendations and did his own thing. This led to the in-season firing, which is odd at PSU. In fact, I don't recall it ever happening.

Reactions: The Spin Meister
four, by my count.going on our fifth under CJF.

Donovan - fired after underperformance>Jacksonville quality control>Washington>GB Packers analyst
Moorhead - left for head coaching position > Oregon OC > Akron HC
Ciarrocca - fired after the failed COVID season, now OC at Rutgers
Yurcich - Fired last season and hasn't been hired

Looks to me like Donovan was a legit fire. He hasn't performed well after PSU. Moorhead is Moorhead. He cold be an OC at most any team he wants but left under good terms

Ciarrocca is a bit of a mystery. PSU has a LOUSY season with him at OC but it was the COVID year and the state of PA's ludicrous policies certainly didn't help. Maybe he and CJF didn't like each other. Maybe he was no good. I have no idea. Maybe CJF just liked Yurcich better.

Yurcich was a good OC for 2022 but the offense sucked in 2023. maybe he needed a running QB and didn't develop the passing game. IDK but the firing was certainly in line. CJF has never fired someone during the season. I heard a rumor that he's submit his game plan early in the week for CJF to review (as the DC did as well). But by game time, he tossed CJF's recommendations and did his own thing. This led to the in-season firing, which is odd at PSU. In fact, I don't recall it ever happening.
Missed rahne.

Reactions: Obliviax
I do think this is his last OC hire. The OC will have two years, maybe three to produce. If we once again have offensive issues then Franklin should be let go. I think Franklin knows that.

Franklin isn't being let go in the next 2-3 years unless we top out at 7-5 and throw a losing season in there. As long as he keeps us between 7-5 and 10-2, he will be retained and probably pushing for an extension by then. How Kraft handles that will be telling.

I'm not saying it's what I think should occur; this is just how I foresee it playing out.

Franklin isn't being let go in the next 2-3 years unless we top out at 7-5 and throw a losing season in there. As long as he keeps us between 7-5 and 10-2, he will be retained and probably pushing for an extension by then. How Kraft handles that will be telling.

I'm not saying it's what I think should occur; this is just how I foresee it playing out.
I'm ok with that but if the offense craps out it is time to use a different offense.

They brought in kotnecki to mesh his offense with the existing offense. That is a mistake waiting to happen.

Reactions: lazydave841
Rich,

This is good news. I would like to boost our '25 WR class by also adding Lex Cyrus out of Harrisburg. #1 WR in the state. Smallish at 5'10" 165 but a burner. Any insight on our potential to land him?

Lex Cyrus CB to PSU per Dohn. Also a change RPM on On3.

Last edited:

Eventually he could get bought out but it will take that to get to around $10 million and with a bunch of disappointing 9-3, 8-4 type seasons. It will be interesting if we make the playoffs say 4 out of the next 6 but only win a couple games in the playoffs and never get past the final 8. That could happen. What do you do?

Reactions: lazydave841
I do think this is his last OC hire. The OC will have two years, maybe three to produce. If we once again have offensive issues then Franklin should be let go. I think Franklin knows that.
He has failed with 3 OCs, Donovan, Ciarrocca and Yurcich. If Kotelnicki is a bust you have to look at Franklin. He is out of excuses at that point.

He has failed with 3 OCs, Donovan, Ciarrocca and Yurcich. If Kotelnicki is a bust you have to look at Franklin. He is out of excuses at that point.

Is failing with 10+ wins the last two years, failing?

If Cyrus is giving his verbal, I think another WR follows as well... think LBs filling the spots.

It seems to me that the staff will leave a spot for at least one of the higher more nationally recruited WR's even with the PA #1 WR possibly committing soon. And those recruits usually hold out a while and sift through their offers until at least the Summer. But who knows.

The two WR's that rivals currently list futurecasts favoring PSU. Cyrus also has offers from ND, Auburn, Nebraska,... Exinor, #5 in MD, reportedly has offers from Oregon, UM, USC, Tennessee.....

If PSU takes 4+ WR's in the 2025 class there will surely have to be an exodus from the current WR group by then to fit the WR roster into the 85 limit. But Franklin seems to be very good at managing the numbers.

Reactions: LeatherHelmets
The two WR's that rivals currently list futurecasts favoring PSU. Cyrus also has offers from ND, Auburn, Nebraska,... Exinor, #5 in MD, reportedly has offers from Oregon, UM, USC, Tennessee.....

If PSU takes 4+ WR's in the 2025 class there will surely have to be an exodus from the current WR group by then to fit the WR roster into the 85 limit. But Franklin seems to be very good at managing the numbers.

Can someone please update some background on these two athletes, Cryus I recalled has serious track speed but do not recall any stats. I love Elinor’s height/weight. They certainly had heavy offers.

Can someone please update some background on these two athletes, Cryus I recalled has serious track speed but do not recall any stats. I love Elinor’s height/weight. They certainly had heavy offers.
Exinor looks like he will grow out of the position. Already at 220 listed. Probably bigger.

If you have a dozen receivers and they are all running the wrong routes(doubt it) , the 5* qb is underperforming, and the 5*Rb is underperforming then there are bigger problems than just the players.
Which is why Yurcich was fired.

l
Okay. Who are our top prospects at WR?

Lyrick samual.

Just watched the new podcast(free info). Fitz and company think he is one of the top 3-5 players in this class. He also has a lot of offers that are not listed.

Last edited:
Just watched the new podcast(free info). Fitz and company imply this kid is one of the top prospects at WR. They think he is one of the top 3-5 players in the class. He also has a lot of offers that are not listed.
Cyrus?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT