ADVERTISEMENT

Comedy is everywhere.....Keystone Edition

Cowbell Man

Feb 2, 2002
So....... I always say there is comedy to be found if you just look....or listen.

1) Today at the Palestra it was a bit frustrating to listen to the announcer pronounce Cassar as Say-Czar. Or maybe it was a variant of Ceasar in which case we decided no one was bringing the announcer food and he was hungry.

2) At one point, a lady behind me said....after hearing the announcer tell the wrestlers to clear the mats and good luck "I feel like I'm watching the Hunger Games!"

3) Can someone explain why I saw Tom McAndrew performing some sort of maintenance on the paper towel dispenser in the Men's Bathroom?

4) It was a bit comical for the announcer to repeatedly say, "2 TD, Nolf"

5) As to the announcer today.....the wrestler named Barczak....whoa. That poor soul was pronounced without an R all day. So.....if you want to wrestle Ball Sack, you got your wish.

And this last one.....many many apologies ahead of time.....
6) When Wang wrestled Fagg-Daves.......and it was on the board.... Well it was kinda funny.

Last edited:
3) Can someone explain why I saw Tom McAndrew performing some sort of maintenance on the paper towel dispenser in the Men's Bathroom?

lol, tis true.

The two paper towel dispensers had run out of paper towels in one of the men's bathrooms. Somebody (maintenance, or whomever) had placed two big rolls on the sink counter. I hate it when I'm at a group event, and a replacement towel roll is on the bathroom counter, as after about 10 people try to use it, it's wet and gross. So for some odd reason, I decided to open up the dispenser (don't think I've ever done so before), and see if I could figure out how to put the replacement roll in there. I figured it wasn't rocket science, so I at least had a chance at being able to figure it out. After a few minutes, I had solved the problem, and the replacement roll was working from the dispenser.

Perhaps a more useful person would have taken the time to also install the second replacement roll into the second empty dispenser. However, I decided that I had done my civic duty, and had also missed too much wrestling, so I exited the bathroom.

BTW, it was nice to put a face to the handle @Cowbell Man.

So....... I always say there is comedy to be found if you just look....or listen.

1) Today at the Palestra it was a bit frustrating to listen to the announcer pronounce Cassar as Say-Czar. Or maybe it was a variant of Ceasar in which case we decided no one was bringing the announcer food and he was hungry.

That's alright. Byers called Schnupp, Schnurr, and Sanderson, Sanders a few times today.

Reactions: Cowbell Man

2) At one point, a lady behind me said....after hearing the announcer tell the wrestlers to clear the mats and good luck "I feel like I'm watching the Hunger Games!"

4) It was a bit comical for the announcer to repeatedly say, "2 TD, Nolf"

5) As to the announcer today.....the wrestler named Barczak....whoa. That poor soul was pronounced without an R all day. So.....if you want to wrestle Ball Sack, you got your wish.

And this last one.....many many apologies ahead of time.....
6) When Wang wrestled Fagg-Daves.......and it was on the board.... Well it was kinda funny.
J. Guevara was on the board a number of times today. He's a revolutionary wrestler.

I'll see myself out.

Yeah, I know, a real groaner. Fgured it was a race to the bottom.

True story (OT to Keystone): I attended the USA vs. Japan baseball game at the Atlanta Olympics. Japan had a starter named Fukudome -- but the scoreboard operator misspelled it as "Fukndome."

Add a couple beers, and every at bat became F-n Do Me.

Yeah, I know, a real groaner. Fgured it was a race to the bottom.

True story (OT to Keystone): I attended the USA vs. Japan baseball game at the Atlanta Olympics. Japan had a starter named Fukudome -- but the scoreboard operator misspelled it as "Fukndome."

Add a couple beers, and every at bat became F-n Do Me.
he actually ended up playing for the Cubs-was a lot of fun for announcers (and fans).

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT