ADVERTISEMENT

Column: Bo Nickal exemplifies thrill of NCAA tourney

I said this over in the Lions Den too...Not only is Bo Nickal highly combustible material...he's even classier off the mat.

Not everyone saw Bo’s ‘enthusiasm’ in such a kindly light .... right after the match a thread appeared on HR that was titled something to the effect of “what’s up with that retard Nickal” ... which went almost apocalyptic with indignation,disgust, distain for his comments and of course lots of Penn State people chiming in with their comments. What almost no one realized was that Bo was almost parroting the same thing that Kyle Snyder had said in an interview earlier in the tournament. The thread got so heated that the mods on HR eventually took it down the next day.

Not everyone saw Bo’s ‘enthusiasm’ in such a kindly light .... right after the match a thread appeared on HR that was titled something to the effect of “what’s up with that retard Nickal” ... which went almost apocalyptic with indignation,disgust, distain for his comments and of course lots of Penn State people chiming in with their comments. What almost no one realized was that Bo was almost parroting the same thing that Kyle Snyder had said in an interview earlier in the tournament. The thread got so heated that the mods on HR eventually took it down the next day.

I think I saw it...a very brief tourney promotion. It might have been session 5...ESPN got sound bites from a few tOSU wrestlers about the rivalry and something to the affect that it was their mission to derail PSU. Of course I don't remember the exact quote. But by Bo's choice of words and the little I can recall of it made me think Bo had enough of OSU spouting off about what they were going to do to Penn State.

Reactions: V Mobile
PSU must be winning when HR is whining!
The HR and all Hawk fans should be happy..they had a hell of a tourney! IMO They beat out a tough Mitch team, But instead of celebrating a good NCAA--they cut down PSU and Cael. its a shame I used to like the board.

Iowa out performed their bonus points from a year ago. That’s what got them to 97 points, the same as LY.

Both years they had 5 AA’s.

In 2018, they had 1 champ, a 4th, 2 5ths, and a 6th. In 2017, they had 1 champ, 3 3rds, and 1 4th.

Better?

They have finished 3rd or 4th in all but one year since their last championship in 2010 and haven’t scored 100+ pts since 2012.

Oklahoma State will be PSU’s chief rival next year.

Iowa out performed their bonus points from a year ago. That’s what got them to 97 points, the same as LY.

In 2018, they had 1 champ, a 4th, 2 5ths, and a 6th. In 2017, they had 1 champ, 3 3rds, and 1 4th.

Better?

They have finished 3rd or 4th in all but one year since their last championship in 2010 and haven’t scored 100+ pts since 2012.

Barring injuries, PSU will likely be without a rival next year. It would not surprise me one bit if we had the championship locked up before the finals even start.

Better?

Ageed OSU will turn it around, can't wait to watch Fix, likely at 133 vs NJ boy

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT